Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlanJ

Diet, Zinc, and more

It's time to get rid of this bullshit that's been killing my life for years. I'll be taking Zinc in 30mg a day, three times a day, morning, noon and night to help with my acne.

I noticed before when I used to get 30mg from my multivitamin that over a month my face went from a moderate case to a mild case, now let's see if by upping the dosage that my acne will be more controlled.

Also I am going to change my diet. I am going to be eating less greasy foods, no soda, no fast food and more fruit and water. Also I will be trying sadcaroline's diet which consists of not drinking anything two hours before or after you eat, which helps with the digestive system.

After a couple of the zits on my forehead heal, I will be going on Botchla's regimen.

I also will be chewing some Vitamic C tablets, 500mg each, four times a day. So thats 500mg x 4 = 2,000mg plus additional Vitamin C that you get from food everyday.

Also I am using vinegar, 100% vinegar to help with my red face and blotchy uneven skin tones, and on top of that, I'll be using Vita-K Solution.

I'll be waking up, then using the vinegar to exfoliate dead skin cells. After that I'll be using my Salicylic Acid wash, which is yet to be decided. I think I'm going to try that C&C Advantage Acne Cleanser instead of C&C Blackgead Clearing Scrub. I'm waiting on the reply to this post, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...98entry340298

Then after the Salicylic Acid wash, I'm going to be washing with the C&C Control Acne Cleanser. After about twenty minutes, I'll apply Vita-K Solution.

Hopefully this will get me clear in about 3 weeks, I expect to have clear perfect skin in about three months.

It's high, but not toxic. 30mg is not enough, when taking a capsule of 30mg a day, you're only taking one capsule. You're never going to absorb 100% of anything. And Zinc controls oil, so the more Zinc, the more controlled your oil production will be, thus less acne.

Thanks.

It's high, but not toxic. 30mg is not enough, when taking a capsule of 30mg a day, you're only taking one capsule. You're never going to absorb 100% of anything. And Zinc controls oil, so the more Zinc, the more controlled your oil production will be, thus less acne.

Thanks.

Incorrect. Doses larger than 70mg a day are widely regarded as toxic. Do some research. Also, if you take Zinc Picolinate, this type of Zinc is absorbed very easily. A high percentage of this type of Zinc is absorbed compared to others. It also facilitates better absorbtion of other vitamins. Furthermore, if you take it last thing at night on an empty stomach with some water, you increase the chance that you will absorb most of the amount you take.