Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimistic321

Almost 3 Weeks In! A Little Help Please.

I do naturally have balanced/dry skin so I realize that I am supposed to have dry, flaky skin at this point on The Regimen. However, Dan's moisturizer simply flakes off every time I use it and it's just becoming embarrassing. My skin was already clear up till two days ago, but it was so dry that I had to reduce the applications to only at night.

(I have mild acne--mostly blackheads/small whiteheads)

I just bought jojoba oil, but it hasn't come in the mail yet so I haven't started it.

I just need some serious advice because I need to go back to using it twice a day.

What should I do?

A different moisturizer

Jojoba oil

Reduce amount of BP but keep it twice a day.

All of you out there who have found success, please help me--I am so frustrated.

What do you mean by the moisturiser flakes off? Your skin is flaking or the cream isn't absorbing?

The best thing you can do is slightly lower the amount of BP and slowly build up to the full amount, or when applying the moisturiser make sure you use two full pumps and gently spread it round without completely rubbing it in, then just let it air dry and absorb into your skin.

Also, don't touch your face, I found moving my mouth a lot before the moisturiser was completely absorbed caused flaking. So try and keep that to a minimum.

When the jojoba oil arrives you can try adding that to the moisturiser. In my week 3 I was flaking all the time but I would just add some more moisturiser through out the day (if I was home). Sometimes I would take it in my car to top up the really dry bits of my face.

You just have to be patient with it. Give it two/three weeks and you should be fine and flaking will be minimal/stop all together.

Yeah, the acne.org moisturizer flakes off and doesn't seem to fully help my dry skin.

What if I used a different moisturizer? Do you have any that you would recommend?

I will just stick to the regimen, but add in the jojoba oil and see how I feel in 2-3 weeks.

When did the flakes/dryness start subsiding for you?

Yeah, the acne.org moisturizer flakes off and doesn't seem to fully help my dry skin.

What if I used a different moisturizer? Do you have any that you would recommend?

I will just stick to the regimen, but add in the jojoba oil and see how I feel in 2-3 weeks.

When did the flakes/dryness start subsiding for you?

Are you using the full two pumps?

If so and that's still not working try applying moisturizer more than twice a day.

this ^

Not all the time... but I have found that there are some days when I have to apply additional moisturizer. Seems to be working.

Im on week 6 and i tried everything to get rid of the flakes. Switching moisterizers, adding jojoba, applying 4 pumps, hand exfoliation. I would definitly recommend using a different moisterizer because dans is lighter and I think would be great once your dryness is gone.

Cetaphil is thicker and really stays on all day to help with dryness but it never cured my flakes.

There is a cure though!!!!

AHA.......This stuff will cure your flakes gaurenteed.

You have to wait 4-6 weeks after you start the regimen though or it will sting like crazy.

Sometimes ill mix allite with dans moisterizer and some nights I'll use it as my main nighttime moisterizer.

Makes your skin soft and smooth, this stuff is great.

Hope that helped! and remember there is a cure lol I tried everything and AHA really is amazing.

Oh and btw Ive only tried AHA 2 days now and my flakes went down like 90%

What I found helpful, which I read here is to take 5-7 drops of jojoba oil and massage it gently to the problem areas PRIOR to washing your face. This serves as an exfolliant as you massage the problem areas with your fingers, then resume with DKR. Worked for me the first time I tried it.