Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starlitskies

How Do You Get Rid Of Mouth/jawline Acne?

'Ello all,

First off, my story is the same as everyone else's basically. I've had horrible acne since I was 12-13, tried bunch of different stuff, nothing worked, blah blah blah. Finally went to an esthetician and she got me 75% clear (so thankful for that!) I eat like a health nut, take really good care of my face, etc etc so on and so forth. Also, I'm 17 and female, if that makes a difference.

The point of the story is 75% of my remaining acne is concentrated around my mouth and jawline and NOTHING I do will clear it up. Admittedly, it used to be a lot worse. It used to be deep down horrible cystic stuff, but now it's more surface acne with only very little cystic ones now and then. However, it still looks pretty bad sad.png Since I've been eating much healthier (especially drinking lots of v8 juice), my jawline/mouth acne has improved but it just won't go completely away! Now matter how healthy I eat, or how great I take care of my face, nothing I've tried will make it go completely away. My esthetician says she thinks it's definitely hormonal (especially since it gets a lot worse the week before my period), and suggested I go on BC - but I don't want to ingest hormones the rest of my life.

What do you guys suggest for clearing this up? Has ANYONE successfully gotten rid of their mouth/jawline acne? huh.png

By your age it's probably hormonal. If I were you I'd try to see dermatologist to find an effective treatment without major risks.

Try not to be so harsh on your skin, I say that because I got so damn desperate to heal my acne that I got some scars, ok? =D

Yeah, derms never seem to actually help anyone :P I went to a doctor over a year ago and he put me on a BP/antibiotic cream and it just made things worse :( Plus, I'm pretty sure the only thing they'd recommend for my acne is BC pills which I don't want to take...

I just switched to a fluoride free toothpaste though cuz a lot of people said that helped clear up their mouth/jawline acne. Hopefully it helps some eusa_pray.gif

Mouth/jawline acne in Chinese medicine is usually associated with an imbalance of hormones. Have you been excessively masturbating or engaging in sex? If so then according to Chinese medicine you would be breaking out around the mouth and jawline. The other thing I can think of is poor digestion. How is your digestion? If you are not digesting meals well then your gut is impaired. IMHO the gut is the most responsible for skin eruptions. Try introducing probiotics(greek yogurts or jarrow dophilus) and psyllium husk fiber to your diet. Good luck and if you have any questions let me know.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Er, definitely no to the first part :P However, I still think it might have something to do with a hormone imbalance, especially since I break out worse around certain times of my cycle.

I'm going to look into the digestion thing though, because I've seen other people post about that. Are there any other good priobiotic foods besides greek yogurt (I don't eat dairy), and I'll have to google what jarrow dophilus is...Sounds interesting! :)

How much sun exposure are you getting? Get your vitamin D levels checked by your doctor. It is a cheap test. If you don't have enough vitamin D-3, your body has trouble regulating skin functions...which equals constant skin inflammation.

I had mine checked and they were low. People nowadays really don't spend enough time in the sun every day to make enough vitamin D. Problem is I can't really stay out in the sun because I burn. My doctor (who keeps up with current research) told me to supplement with Vitamin D-3 for 10,000 IU a day. It has been helping a lot.

Make sure you use Vitamin D in a softgel form so your body can absorb it.

This is what I use: Vitamin D-3 Gold in 5,000 IU strength: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G73N3I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=winnerswreath&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005G73N3I

Hmmm, yeah I think I definitely need to get out into the sun more often! I looooove spending time in the sun, and I also don't get burned very easily - so I just need to make some time to soak up some sun! My acne gets a lot better in the summer (like most people) and I really think it's due to the Vitamin D. Hopefully it'll help clear up this persistent jawline acne though, as it seems like most things I try don't effect it very much. :(

I would go lay in the sun right now but the wind is blowing about 30 mph :P I'll have to check and see how much Vitamin-D is in my multivitamin though!

Go for it! I had to to supplement with 10,000 IU to see a real difference. (I started at 5,000 and didn't notice much). My doctor explained to me that vitamin D-3 is not actually a vitamin but a "pre-hormone". This makes sense for the jaw/chinline acne because that's typically a hormonal issue.

Edited by Green Gables