Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you guys find works best with acne and shaving? Disposables or a electric shaver?

If disposables which type? I have used Gilette triple blade for some time now.

I use the Mach 3 disposables without any sort of shaving cream or soap. Works just as well. Just soften up your face with some warm/slightly hot water and go to work. Also, I'm careful not to cut or irritate existing acne because often times it becomes a bleeding, pusy mess. You probably get the picture  tongue.gif

Guest Captain Chaos

Not shaving is probably best, just grow a beard I reckon..

In my experience, a single blade razor is best. Any more than that and surely you are just cutting your skin way too much and causing a lot of irritation. Just be confident and don't stress too much if you miss a bit or anything. biggrin.gif

I use the Sensor Excel by Gillete which has two blades. I also use the shaving cream by Gillette called "Sensitive Skin". I wouldn't recommend any of the others types of shaving creams by Gillette because when I've used them I broke out

I use the Mach 3 Turbo with nivea for men sensitive skin shaving foam. I say I have average stuble so I change the blade every forthnight. I find shaving everyday is better then shaving every now and again as it causes less irritation. I then go straight into my regimen while face is still wet. Wilkinson 2 blade disposables are the worst. They rip your face up.