Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well here I am again, in that horrible low and lonely place.

Acne flared up, scars are horrendous, can't leave the house.

I was supposed to be out with friends this weekend but I have had to make my excuses as I just can't go out in public looking like this.

I don't want anyone to see me, I just want to stay at home and hide from the world :(

I am in the same place right now im a guy and ethen im considering to start wearing concealer, acne really is hell and to top it off i have managed to burn all over my face using table salt not realising it was different to sea salt.

sorry to hear that you have burnt your face. Over the years I've tried all sorts of things to cure my acne and reduce the scarring, and sometimes, like you, I have ended up causing more damage than good! I would recommend that to try and calm your skin from the salt that you apply ONE of the following:

honey (manuka is the best but it's also quite expensive)

aloe vera gel

sudocrem

I don't think guys should shy away from makeup, rather than a concealer have you considered a mineral powder? They are very gentle and natural (providing you select a good brand with good ingredients) Mineral powders are great for toning down redness and are not obvious on the skin.

I always hide at my house when my skin looks bad sad.png. Even though it was never severe, but hated it.. After I graduated, I stayed home everyday for two years until I decided that I can't live like this.. so I found a job and started to go to college. I'm very glad I did this. I was never absents once in college.. even if my skin looked bad.

But I didn't talk to nobody and never made friends. That's why I am so lonely now. Even if I am clear.. life still sucks oompf.gif

I'm still in college and can't wait to take the finals then I'm done for a while 'cause I am taking a break since I started to breakout again.

I was doing so good in college 'cause my skin have been clear for a while! I think it is 'cause of stress since I Am taking A&P 1.. much harder than all the courses I took.

Edited by EddieE

Yea same thing here. I was supposed to go out with my friends but cancelled last night because right now it's so bad I wouldn't even know where to begin if I tried to put makeup on of whatever. It's a beautiful day outside and I feel like an idiot for lying to my friends about not being able to go. But even if I did go I wouldn't be enjoying myself I would just think about my skin and how gross everyone else thinks it is. Soooooo stupid.

I feel exactly the same. I have work later on today and really want to call in sick. Ive called in sick loads though and I know I'll be close to getting fired if I do it again. Just can't face anyone with acne like this:(

acne is common for everyone , because nobody is perfect in this world. i used to be of the same kind , but i realized later that its worthless cause i thought that if i fall now i wil never raise up to face the world that has helped me a lot !

I'm in the same situation, playing hide and seek with the world. But luckily for me i have exams to revise for so if i don't stay in my house and revise...i'll probably fail. But all this revision stress is making me breakout badly...I hope you can find a reason to go out more, it does make you feel alot better. Just build enough confidence to go out for a stroll and breath some fresh ai, will do wonders for your skin.

That's awful. I know how it feels. Even though I live in the city, I still live in a small community so people must know I have "bad skin" and they do! Oh well, sometimes I get embarrassed over acne, and sometimes I wonder why should I be embarrassed? Then I get into an existentialist argument over what society perceives as beauty is completely absurd since everything is airbrushed.

So I build up some confidence and go out and "represent the people with acne." Because there are a lot of them. They're just all in hiding. Since I stopped breaking out though, I didn't need to do this as much! I found out the combination of lifestyle that helps with my skin.

Edited by 5ive

I felt a lot more positive by yesterday evening and went out for a few drinks with a friend, ended up having a really good time :)

I've been out into town for a couple of hours this afternoon too.

Thanks for the comments on this topic, sometimes it's nice to know I'm not alone. I think at some point or another we all want to hide but despite our fears we do all go out and face the world.

I reckon many of us have done that. I know I have. It became my default way after a while, to the point where I didn't really have anyone to spend time with when I did actually want to go out. It's sometimes hard to see beyond our own imperfections but I don't think other people see us the way we see ourselves. Plus, the social situations aren't always as bad as we may fear. As the saying goes; those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. :)