Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony1990

Red Marks Is Making My Face Look Worse Than It Actually Is..

Posted

My face has stopped breaking out, it's quite smooth now but the break outs has left me with red marks on both cheeks. I've been using lemon juice topically every night and it works but its just taking really long. I was quite happy that my face isnt lumpy anymore but yesterday I saw a friend who I havent seen for a while and he asked me, "wth happened to your face? it's looks pretty bad". It just full shattered my confidence.

Can somebody tell me how long it would take these red marks to go away? I'm so sick of it :(

Posted

I can't tell you how long it will take for the marks to fade but I can tell you that they will fade eventually. I Know that isn't a very helpful answer and I also know how crushing it is to live with them. Treat your marks with care - don't pick at them, try not to think about them (difficult I know) and treat them with natural, gentle substances like vitamin E oil, aloe vera gel, manuka honey...there's lots to try and the acne.org boards are full of ideas and suggestions.

You're not alone in being sick of the marks, I too feel the same. I end up with marks, treat them, they fade but it's a constant cycle because I get new acne and as I am treating the red marks I am also treating new acne which leaves yet more marks :(

Posted

I can't tell you how long it will take for the marks to fade but I can tell you that they will fade eventually. I Know that isn't a very helpful answer and I also know how crushing it is to live with them. Treat your marks with care - don't pick at them, try not to think about them (difficult I know) and treat them with natural, gentle substances like vitamin E oil, aloe vera gel, manuka honey...there's lots to try and the acne.org boards are full of ideas and suggestions.

You're not alone in being sick of the marks, I too feel the same. I end up with marks, treat them, they fade but it's a constant cycle because I get new acne and as I am treating the red marks I am also treating new acne which leaves yet more marks sad.png

I know.. Acne is such a vicious thing. after its done it still leaves marks :(. I was actually just thinking about trying manuka honey to fade the marks but i heard raw organic honey is the best, but it is hard to find in supermarkets. Do you know any specific brands which is good? As you said try not to think about it too much, lately I tried not looking in the mirror too much so that I wont get sad and think about my face. Theres always good days and bad days and I guess today is a bad day for me. Oh wells tomorrow is a better day! The main thing is to keep positive!

Posted

I'm not sure where you are based but I am in the UK and get my manuka honey from either my local health food shop or from Sainsburys.

Manuka honey comes in different strengths (UMF = unique manuka factor) the higher the UMF/strength the more active it is...in my cupboard I have UMF 15+ and right now I am sitting typing wearing UMF 20+ on my face. There are several brands out there but if it is from New Zealand and it is certified, it should be good stuff :)

A jar will last you absolutely ages, so although pricey to buy initially it does work out cheap.

I am having a bad couple of weeks with my skin and this weekend is probably as low as I have been for a very long time. I am trying so hard not to look in mirrors or touch my skin, I really believe that the less you think (obsess in my case!) and worry about your skin the better it becomes.

Acne scarring is like a broken heart....it heals and gets better but it takes time...and time takes time!!

Posted

Exfoliate with BHA/AHA creams. Maybe even consider getting chemical peels to help your skin shed off the redmarks quicker.

Posted

I'm in the same boat as you, but with more active acne. It sucks, doesn't it? the red marks are so upsetting.

I just bought aloe vera gel and apple cider vinegar though. Hopefully between the two (and my solodyn and ziana) I can get them to fade somewhat.

Posted

I know exactly how you feel. My acne breakout did not last long since I went to a derm immediately but it left me with red marks ALL over my cheeks, making my face look so much worse when in reality, it was smooth and pimple-free. The marks faded significantly in about six months with me just using my oral acne medication/Epiduo every night. Then I got a chemical peel when I went home for summer and I think that helped a lot too. My skin is still a bit discolored though on my cheeks; it'll take time before it looks completely clear again. Just know that the marks will fade and it will not last forever.