Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BadBoy20

My skin is coming off?

Im using bezoylperoxide 10 % pch almost everyday and i have a 2 month minocycline regimen. But when I woke up this morning i felt a part of my skin so dry and like cracking. I put some caledulan creme on it to undo the extreme dryout. just now i looked and there's pieces skin cominng of.( really thin though) Genntly i Pulled the old skin and there's a white skin underneath, so beautiful no zit on it. Now the skin came off like 1 square inch, and it's obviously more white than then the rest of my skincolor. Probably due to 2 months of a lot of sun(tanning).

What is happening here? Is this good cuz it looks kinda stupid a white spot of 1 squre inch, should i call my derm or is this good my old skin coming off?

IS this normal help me out plz

Please help unsure.gif

Ah ha! There's your reason! You should NEVER start off with 10% always begin with 2.5%. It also depends on how much you put on, cause if you put on a large amount, of course your skin is going to be peeling off like an orange! Anyway, I would advise that you switch down to a lower concentration of BP, like 2.5%, but before you start using it again, give your skin a few days or however long it takes to settle down.

bad idea starting with 10% bp, i was on 2.5% bp for atleast 3 months b4 i switched to 10% and my skin STILL burns a lil putting 10% on now.

Guest Tracy

I'd suggest that you do not pull the skin off. Let it fall off on it's own and simply moisturize.

I'm having the same problem. I'd been using benzoyl peroxide 4% for almost a year in the mornings only and nowhere near as much as is recommended in the regimin... so when I started I started with the full amount Dan uses in the video. First couple days I saw ridiculously huge improvements... but then my face turned red and started to feel tight... exactly like sunburn. (I had also just started playing tennis again so I was getting alot of sun exposure... tried to prevent any problems by using a spf 30 titanium dioxide sunscreen). Now its cracking and peeling... exactly as if it were sunburn. So I'm gonna take a couple days off to heal. Hopefully that won't make me break out really badly.