Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihatescars

invasive ice pick scar treatment

Hi everyone, I posted yesterday and receieved no replied. I guess this is expected because it is my first post. First off I would like to apologize for posting another post but I feel that my first post was a bit self centered because I named the topic completely unthoughtfully. I am very sorry of this and I hope i did not set the wrong impression to those who have read it sad.gif

I am a light colored asian (chinese) and I am 19 years old. I have never had any acne problem untill recently.....My acne become very bad and it made my life seem to revovle around then. Recently I have purchased ProAtiv and it made me clear up nicely, i stoped breaking out but now my problem is ice pick scars. All though my Acne has stoped I am left with a few Ice Pick scars on both my left and right cheek. I would love to get rid of them because they are lowering my self esteem and has caused some depression. sad.gif

I have tried the lemon juice with vinegar treatment, this has given me substantial improvement but not enough to where I am happy about myself. I would like to know if there is any other products that would help me further reduce these scar appearance.

I would really love to try the PureDeeming products but I am really a newbie when it comes to scar treatment product because I have tried non. I have never been on accutane/retin A/ or any dermatologist recomended products. The people in these board seems to be more educated than a majority of the derms out there so that is why I would like to ask the people of acne.org opinion on what I should use to help clear up my Icepick scars. I am leaning towards the Puredeeming product as well as a TCA cross method to reduce my icepick appearance because it seems to be the cheapest financially. Could anyone give any recomendations on what I should try?

I have read through these boards and I have read about alot of people sucess stores, this is really a amazing accomplishment and applaud them for their sucess and sharing their experience and how they did it. The people that I found to have a extreme amount of knowledge is oldguy, maya, and Tamara, I have read your posts and it is truly amazing of the knowledge you guys possess, If you would be so kind please help me. I am not limiting suggestion from anyone, I would love to hear anyone recomendation really, I am truly a virgin when it comes to experience for acne scar improvement.

Hi, thanks for including me in that group. I need an emoticon to represent bowing or something smile.gif

Don't waste money on expensive creams - they can't get rid of scars.

If your budget is tight you should try TCA Cross on a couple of icepicks. You could get some 100% TCA at peelsondemand.com - hopefully you do know that this is serious and dangerous stuff. Punch grafts probably don't cost that much to have done though - if you don't have too many scars you should call some docs and ask. Good luck

Hi, thanks for including me in that group. I need an emoticon to represent bowing or something smile.gif

Don't waste money on expensive creams - they can't get rid of scars.

If your budget is tight you should try TCA Cross on a couple of icepicks. You could get some 100% TCA at peelsondemand.com - hopefully you do know that this is serious and dangerous stuff. Punch grafts probably don't cost that much to have done though - if you don't have too many scars you should call some docs and ask. Good luck

I didn't reply cause the board was down for me yesterday.

Definitely look into TCA CROSS for the icepick scarring. I don't blame you for not wanting to do this on yourself - that is smart. You could call around to Doctors in your area and see if any are familiar with the procedure. Otherwise, excision is something else to consider having done.

I didn't reply cause the board was down for me yesterday.

Definitely look into TCA CROSS for the icepick scarring. I don't blame you for not wanting to do this on yourself - that is smart. You could call around to Doctors in your area and see if any are familiar with the procedure. Otherwise, excision is something else to consider having done.

Never really looked into subscision so I would have to do a bit of research. Oursfan thanks for that site it is very informative and has really boosted my confidence in performing TCA cross. The process seems easy enough, my hands are quiet steady so I believe I will try this method. Also does anyone recomend any products I could use in the meantime? Products that will help with the result of TCA cross? and products I can use before/after CROSS treatment?

Ihatescars....I probably have the same skin type as you.....olive skinned Asian skin, Chinese. It sounds like your skin doesn't have too many scars or pigmentation problems so you shouldn't get too depressed because you have a good chance of reducing their appearance, more than I do probably. It sucks for us Asians because our skin type limits the scar treatments we can pursue because of hyperpigmentation risks, etc. I can't comment too much on your icepick scars in particular because I have rolling, boxcar, and icepick scars and I"m focusing on my rolling and boxcar scars at the moment. What I can tell you is that treating your scars requires you to be dedicated and patient. I have been treating my scars since June of 2003 and have had minimial improvement. I've probably spent about $3000 as of now on scar treatments....and will have spent about $4250 in about 4 months after I finish my Smoothbeam. Whatever you do, take your time to do your own research, just like Tamara and others have said. Be prepared to spend some money too. I can comment a bit on subcision: Subcision can be somewhat invasive from what I heard...you'll have to decide if you can deal with the down-time or not. For me, down-time is not possible because of my committment to finishing up my degree, doing internships, and heading to grad school. Best of luck in your fight against scars. And be careful with the TCA.

Ihatescars....I probably have the same skin type as you.....olive skinned Asian skin, Chinese.  It sounds like your skin doesn't have too many scars or pigmentation problems so you shouldn't get too depressed because you have a good chance of reducing their appearance, more than I do probably.  It sucks for us Asians because our skin type limits the scar treatments we can pursue because of hyperpigmentation risks, etc.  I can't comment too much on your icepick scars in particular because I have rolling, boxcar, and icepick scars and I"m focusing on my rolling and boxcar scars at the moment.  What I can tell you is that treating your scars requires you to be dedicated and patient.  I have been treating my scars since June of 2003 and have had minimial improvement.  I've probably spent about $3000 as of now on scar treatments....and will have spent about $4250 in about 4 months after I finish my Smoothbeam.  Whatever you do, take your time to do your own research, just like Tamara and others have said.  Be prepared to spend some money too.  I can comment a bit on subcision: Subcision can be somewhat invasive from what I heard...you'll have to decide if you can deal with the down-time or not.  For me, down-time is not possible because of my committment to finishing up my degree, doing internships, and heading to grad school.  Best of luck in your fight against scars.  And be careful with the TCA.

ihatescars, I am seriously contemplating doing TCA Cross on my individual scars once I finish up with my Smoothbeam. From what I understand, TCA Peels all over the face are not really good for us Asians. If you've read the TCA Cross study, note that this was performed by derms/plastic surgeons in Korea on Korean patients.....they have similar skin type. I read the whole report and it concluded that most of their test subjects were quite pleased with the results and didn't have too much bad stuff that happened to their face after they did the cross. It's unfortunate that such a procedure isn't gaining more widespread popularity among derms/plastic surgeons, at least in my opinion. I intend to find someone who has had experience in doing chemical peels and maybe convince them to try TCA Cross.... Yes, we have a lot of commitments in our lives at this point that make it difficult to take off a lot of time. I am hoping that I can get good improvement in my skin without having to resort too invasive of procedures but for some reason in the back of my mind I feel that's what it might have to come down to in the end for me to see noticeable improvement. sad.gif

Hey guys, first of I would like to thank all of you for responding to my post. After gathering soo much information I have decided to purchase a TCA cross from peelsondemand.com (thank you old guy for this site). Tamara, thank you for referring me to http://www.cosmeticskin.com/skin-acne4.shtml this has really boosted my confidence with doing the procedure and im quiet sure the result will be pleasing to me. PlateauKid, thank you for sharing your experience, it seems like we are on the same boat. It is great to have someone I can relate to. biggrin.gif

I will be changing my Regimen to the following, do you guys think this will work?

wash with: Pure Castile alm-Olive Bar

Apply TCA cross

Pure deeming Intense Gel R-ALA for a moisturizer.

I also have one more question if anyone can answer. After performing TCA Cross is it possible that I use the Pure deeming Intense Gel right after the cross treatment? Or is it better to wait till I scab before adding any moisturizer? I know Oldguy said something about having your skin moisturize is a must when doing cross treatment to reduce the chance of further scarring. If anyone with experience would post their regimen / supplement they used before and after performing TCA cross treatment to help better result and recovery, I would be forever greatful, thank you. smile.gif

Please, please, please be careful. I don't want you to burn yourself using TCA. Wash with something mild, if the olive bar is mild then it should be fine. I would swab your face with an alcohol swab before applying the TCA. An antibiotic ointment is mentioned in the paper as aftercare. I would NOT use the intense gel afterward. Please don't do anything harsh to your skin afterward as it needs time to heal.

Please, please, please be careful. I don't want you to burn yourself using TCA. Wash with something mild, if the olive bar is mild then it should be fine. I would swab your face with an alcohol swab before applying the TCA. An antibiotic ointment is mentioned in the paper as aftercare. I would NOT use the intense gel afterward. Please don't do anything harsh to your skin afterward as it needs time to heal.