Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Madisonrose306

Was The Regimen The Right Choice For Me? I'd Cry But It Hurts To Move My Face Too Much

I've been on the regimen for about a month and a half and it helped with my acne but my skin feels like leather. There are no visible flakes but it's sore and tight. Smiling hurts. My skin looks dull.

I'm only 15 years old, is this too harsh on my skin? What do I do? I tried am Latin moisturiser a couple of days ago (it has 12% lactic acid) and I've been using it nightly but I haven't noticed a difference other than the agonising burn when I put it on lasting for 10-15 minutes. Because of that I can't use it anymore.

Please help me.

How do I restore my skin?

Which products are you using?

If you can get some jojoba oil, it can be a miracle for dry skin. Add some drops of it to your moisturizer right before you apply it.

Yeah I've tried that but didn't get any results. The oil just kinda sat on my skin but didn't do anything for the textures. It's great for removing flakes tho

I currently have an aquaphor healing ointment of some sort on the area around my mouth cos that's where the dryness is the worst. But that stuff is 41% petroleum and therefore not a longterm solution right?

What to do? Everyone says that the dryness will go away but if yu treat te dryness then does yur skin ever get used to the bp?

everyone whos on DKR is gonna go though that phase, its the point of BP to dryout. What help me with the tightness is, before adding moisturiser, make sure BP is completely dry, then apply the FULL 2 pumps of dans moisturiser Super gently with ur fingers and just spread it around evenly for 2-3 mins, and after 2-3 its still gonna look like its not completely absorb ( like the moisturiser is still visible on your face), just leave it and let it air dry. It does help me a lot. Before i would take about 5-10mins moving it around until its completely absorb but that was not a good idea cause it causes flakiness later in the day for me.

Give that a try and tell me how it goes. GOod LUck

^^^^ Co-sign with AcneeHater... Don't try to spread moisturizer more than three minutes, it will help tremendously with the tightness... Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress.. :)

You shouldn't be using anything with lactic acid if you're already irritated. I'm sure that's making it much worse. It has 12% too, which is a lot. It's like a peel. I'd cut down on the amt. of bp. right now too.

Edited by Prettywords

have you tried Dans's AHA?

Use it at night as a moisterizer and when you wake you and cleanse your skin feels soo smooth and soft. Definitely worked for my dryness and flaking and over

texure of my skin. I highlllyyyy recommend it. Check out the reviews :)