Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a15ha

Extremely Tight Skin

Hi

I've been on the regimen for over two weeks now. Two days ago i started doing the regimen twice a day. Thats when my skin started to become drier and tighter no matter how much moisturizer i used (Simple brand). So i decided to skip using BP (panoxyl aquagel 2.5) last night and this morning and having bought jojoba oil yesterday have started using that. This morning i left it on my face for about 5-10 minutes then washed it off. I then put aloe vera gel on my face. My face is extremely tight, it wrinkles up, especially around the mouth area, i cant even open my mouth.

I am going to stay off the BP now, except just a little bit on my forehead.

What can i do to get rid of this extreme tightness and to get rid of the dead skin on my face?

Thanks

I'm not sure how much BP you used when you started applying twice a day. I had the same problem. I started 1/2 pump every night for the first week then 1/2 pump twice a day the 4th day and my face became extremely tight and made my face appeared leather-like. What I found is that DKR's cleanser was really drying so I switched to Cetaphil cleanser right away. I also applied copious amount of Eucerine original formula all over my face the same night my face became leather-like. My face went back to normal as far as texture and appearance after 2 days. Additionally, I reduced the frequency of BP back to once a day. I'm telling you, Eucerin original formula works wonders when dealing with dry skin, even if it is extreme. Leave it over night and it will slough off the dead skin. But make sure you put enough and don't try to conserve when putting it on. Eucerine is non-comedogenic. For all of those people starting DKR, please please please start slow with BP amount.