Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AngelTouch

Is There A Product That Can Fix The Effects Of Proactiv?

Many years ago in 2005 when I was a young teen a shady friend of mine (who I didn't realize had disliked me at the time) had recommended me to use Proactiv to fix my acne, when I came to her for help with my acne problems. Not only did it make the problems worse, but it also ruined my skin in the process (as you can guess I'm no longer friends with this person anymore). Proactiv had added this thin, plastic layer/cover on my face that I can't seem to get rid of! It feels like there's a thin layer of contact paper on my face. I've tried many over-the-counter products for the past 7 years to get rid of it and nothing seems to work. Does anyone know of anything that I can use to rid me of this skin problem?

Edited by AngelTouch

Have you tried switching out the Proactiv lotion with a regular moisturizer? Or not applying it at all except for nighttime? I have experience with BP creams and it really does feel nasty having it on your skin all day.

Have you tried switching out the Proactiv lotion with a regular moisturizer? Or not applying it at all except for nighttime? I have experience with BP creams and it really does feel nasty having it on your skin all day.

I haven't used any Proactiv product since my first & only use of it in 2005.

I haven't used any Proactiv product since my first & only use of it in 2005.

What's your current regimen? I'm not sure if it's the Proactiv that's still the problem since you've last used it in 2005.

Not sure if OP is trolling

I'm not trolling! I swear to God & Jesus Christ that Proactiv ruined the skin on my face!

>de-friends someone who tries to help?

>has plastic layer on face for 7 years?

seemslegit

Not sure if OP is trolling

I'm not trolling! I swear to God & Jesus Christ that Proactiv ruined the skin on my face!

>de-friends someone who tries to help?

>has plastic layer on face for 7 years?

seemslegit

But that's the truth. The story between me and my ex-friend is a long personal one, but the point is that at that point in time she was a fake friend who had secretly strongly disliked me and I didn't realize that at the time. At that point in time I wasn't very educated in skin care products, and she was so I went to her, and she recommended me a product knowing full well that it would ruin my face & taking advantage of my ignorance.

And I do still have this tight, plastic-like, layer on my face (that's the best way that I can articulate it). Why would I create this topic in the first place if I wasn't trying to find help from people who are better educated on skin care products than I am to help solve this problem?

Edited by AngelTouch

I'm using proactiv and my face is awesome right now.

I don't think you have a layer of plastic, I think it might be dead or dehydrated skin on the top. Have you tried heavily moisturizing?

If not, have you tried toning? It may be residue from products.

Since you've used proactive in the past I think you'd be a really good candidate for the acne.org regimen. Dan doesn't use BP in his wash which I think is the reason people have problems with proactive. Proactive kills your skin basically because it's overloading it with way too much BP.

Also if you do decide to go on the regimen you may want use just the wash and the moisturizer until your skin returns to normal.

Edited by jepooley

I don't think you have a layer of plastic, I think it might be dead or dehydrated skin on the top. Have you tried heavily moisturizing?

I'm currently using Shea Butter cream as a moisturizer at the moment, so I'll have to wait a while to see if I get some results.

And what type of toning would you suggest?

Since you've used proactive in the past I think you'd be a really good candidate for the acne.org regimen. Dan doesn't use BP in his wash which I think is the reason people have problems with proactive. Proactive kills your skin basically because it's overloading it with way too much BP.

Also if you do decide to go on the regimen you may want use just the wash and the moisturizer until your skin returns to normal.

I think I'll try that and see if it works. Thanks for the advice :).

I'm currently using Shea Butter cream as a moisturizer at the moment, so I'll have to wait a while to see if I get some results.

And what type of toning would you suggest?

I think I'll try that and see if it works. Thanks for the advice smile.png.

I'd imagine any toner would work.

If you're acne is under control then I would recommend using a strong toner for a few days. The film should be gone by then (or if its a layer of dead skin, it should be gone too). Clinique has a purple colored toner that works well. Try it out and see if it makes a difference.