Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dlhm

I Don't Think This Is As Bad As I Think. (Pics)

So, I think I am just tormented by my previous condition (I had pretty severe acne) but I have never had the same self-confidence since (other than coming back from Marine training - that builds some confidence!) but socially, especially when it comes to talking to girls. I've been talking to this girl lately and I think I just need some one to tell me that it's not as bad as i think. So here we go.

post-172418-0-72199900-1335243531_thumb.

post-172418-0-69547700-1335243637_thumb.

Well I'm not a girl, but I can tell you that it is not as bad you think. I was in the same boat as you....I used to have severe acne that got treated and now I view any minor blemish or imperfection as really bad...I basically make mountains out of mole hills. Your skin looks good dude, go out there with confidence and sweep that girl off her feet, lol :P

... to have skin like yours...

you have no idea ... how much i struggled for it...

and to gain.... nothing.... but the same skin with ...so much acne....

Thanks everybody, I think it is just hard to be objective when viewing yourself so receiving the opinions of others is nice. And, for anyone who thought OMG it's not even that bad he doesn't even know what bad is, trust me, I do. Once again, thanks everybody.

dude you have like 3 little pimples who gives a shit! Your a marine! Majority of girls flock to men in the military just for the sole basis on that. Most people on here would kill to have your skin.

Lol it's crazy when people like this think they have bad skin. Real crazy.. and the "severe" acne you thought you had lol, I've had friends who get like 5 pimples and think its severe acne. People really need to stop using the word severe unless it actually is. There's mild, moderate, and severe and what you have is on the low end of mild. Truly bet no one even notices those blemishes, if anything they think they are wounds from the marines or somethin haha.

Posted · Hidden by PaulH85, April 24, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by PaulH85, April 24, 2012 - No reason given

lol, wtf.. I don't get why people like you make an account here.

256_1015836436369_1238820470_30189041_8809_n.jpg

That's me on the right way back from high school prom ('m a senior in college now). For all those who think I don't know what it's like. All that red on the side of my face up to my forehead and on the other side of my face is all inflamed acne. So I do know what it's like I wasn't making it up. It just turns into obsessing over every little thing at this point because I am haunted by what I used to look like.

Look at it this way: your skin now looks pretty awesome compared to the last picture you posted. Give yourself credit for having come that far and for having cleared your acne because your skin's looking awesome now.

I can relate to that whole thought process of feeling like things are still how they used to be. Or certainly how those feelings you had then might still be in place. The odd breakout and even the smallest of pimples is enough to take me back, in my mind, to a time when my skin was bad and people used to bully me for it. I guess it's influenced my own thought process as well, so I can see where you're coming from.

You're right though, it's not as bad as you think, so hopefully you can soon get around to seeing what everyone else sees when they look at your skin. Then you can let your worries and your anxieties go.

smile.png

Bro i know EXACTLY what you mean by being haunted of what you used to look like. I had terrible acne from 19-21. Skin cleared up 100% for a little over a year, and now im dealing with a recent break out on my chin and some other skin issues. It sucks. My life was terrible from 19-21. When my skin cleared up, i was still very self conscious about the smallest things. I would have 1 pimple on my chin or cheek, and I sometimes would stay home cuz I was embarrassed about it. But now im back to struggling cuz my skin is kinda shitty right now. Believe everyone here, your skin from those pics is 99% clear. Your a fucking marine! Go get some bitches! If you wont, then give me your skin and I will!

That's me on the right way back from high school prom ('m a senior in college now). For all those who think I don't know what it's like. All that red on the side of my face up to my forehead and on the other side of my face is all inflamed acne. So I do know what it's like I wasn't making it up. It just turns into obsessing over every little thing at this point because I am haunted by what I used to look like.

your still handsome.

for real? why don't you go..

Its not that bad. You're practically clear.

really? it's not that bad? should you even use the word bad to begin with?

Whats wrong with me using 'bad'?

I think you look really nice in that photo. Nice corsage by the way.

So, I think I am just tormented by my previous condition (I had pretty severe acne) but I have never had the same self-confidence since (other than coming back from Marine training - that builds some confidence!) but socially, especially when it comes to talking to girls. I've been talking to this girl lately and I think I just need some one to tell me that it's not as bad as i think. So here we go.

honestly, looks great to me. I have acne but for some reason ive never minded a bit of acne or scars on a man, my husband has acne and it doesnt bother me. Its hard to stop obsessing over your skin but try not to do it because it is just a cycle or endless worrry.

Here's a picture of me a few months ago when my skin was almost 100% clear (it tends to do that when i'm away from school) [it took up the entire page so I just put it in a link instead, didn't know how to make it smaller.]http://a6.sphotos.ak...745062521_o.jpg

It's nice to know that people actually understand the same insanity that I think I put myself through. Plus, i'm going to meet this girl friday so we'll see how that goes. Thanks everyone!

Edited by dlhm

OP, yes, i think you are just believing it's bad bc it used u used to have severe acne. i know how that feels. go out n enjoy yourself. n use sunscreen. lol