Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alexestalex

What Cant You Wait To Do Once You Get Clear Skin?

I'm an 18 year old male with moderate to mild acne on my forehead. I have never had a single pimple on my cheeks, nose, back, jawline, etc so I guess I'm somewhat lucky in that regard. Either way, I hate it and I really can't wait for it to go away. It started developping later than most people (halfway through grade 10) so it'll probably take a few more years for me to get clear skin. Pretty much all my friends who had moderate to mild acne (even few with severe) got flawless skin in their early 20s.

I also despise acne because i have fair skin and it looks far worse on lighter skin tones than darker.

So, what exactly will happened once I get rid of acne?

- confidence will go up ten fold. I've avoided social gatherings due to acne.

- no more worrying about how i sleep. If i dont get enough sleep, it wont be a problem that'll shown on my face.

- i wont have to worry about avoiding the pillow from my face. I love stuffing my face in my pillow when i sleep but I dont since it causes acne

- i can eat ice cream and chocolate and candy without the fear of acne

- i can fearlessley walk into ANY room with ANY lighting and a mirror and not worry about how bad my acne will look

- i can be confident outside in the sun (acne looks worst for me outside)

- i can masturbate all i want without worrying about it causing acne

- i can swim without discomfort (i just hate getting my face wet when its pimply. Anyone else?)

But in a way, my life may actually change for the worse once i get clear skin. For instance, i started working out (helps with acne a lot actually) 10 months ago and got the abs and physique ive always wanted. For this achievement, i had then have kept a VERY strict diet and without acne, i dont think i could have done it.

Acne was like a guy standing behind me with a whip. If i got tempted with refusing to go to the gym, staying up late for no reason and getting little sleep, eating fast food, chocolates, and candy instead of vegetables and healthy foods, he'd pretty much show me his whip and remind me how painful acne is.

But still, i desire clear skin. :)

1) I will become active on dating site, and hopefully to find the right girl. ^^;; I want to meet girls!

2) Try lots of new healthy vegan recipes without worrying that I might breakout for trying something new. I can't wait to eat ezekiel's bread and cereal again!

3) Go to vegan meetups every weekends to meet vegan people; what if I find a nice vegan girl tongue.png

4) Go to the beach and take my shirt off and go swimming happily.

5) I can finally start applying for a CNA job ( I graduated a year ago and still haven't applied 'cause acne got worse ) Lol, my certificate expires in a year >_>

I will not eat junk foods once I am clear! I want to remain healthy. I've learned so much about healthy eating, soI am sticking with it for the rest of my life. smile.png

Edited by EddieE

Thinking like this is detrimental in my opinion.

You can and should do everything with acne, because if you don't you're simply wasting your life away.

Acne dosen't physically prevent you from doing anything, only your mind does that.

The only thing being acne free will allow you to do is have less negative feelings and anxiety, but there will always be negative feelings to cope with in life, whether you have acne or not.

I hope you and everyone else stand strong and not let this horrible condition prevent you from living up to your potential.

Cheers.

You can and should do everything with acne, because if you don't you're simply wasting your life away.

Acne dosen't physically prevent you from doing anything, only your mind does that.

The only thing being acne free will allow you to do is have less negative feelings and anxiety, but there will always be negative feelings to cope with in life, whether you have acne or not.

I hope you and everyone else stand strong and not let this horrible condition prevent you from living up to your potential.

Cheers.

I echo this sentiment.

Yeah, but still.. acne-free is better. Nobody wants red spots on their face that is painful :D

Cheers.

You know, what I miss the most are the little things. I havn't worn hair gel in years because It causes me to break out. I also just want to be able to run my hands across my smooth, oil free face without fear of breaking out. Sigh.......

It was always something I thought about because I fell into this trap of thinking that my acne was stopping me from doing, well, everything.

Turns out, that wasn't really the case. Sure, it made me insecure and I didn't really have any confidence to go ahead and do certain things, but my acne wasn't actually stopping me. The only thing stopping me was me.

I learned eventually that, with or without acne, the key thing is confidence and experience. If you don't experience things, you're never going to build confidence. Equally, if you don't work on the confidence, you're never going to put yourself in positions to experience things. It's a vicious circle. I kind of wish I'd just powered through and had a go at things - going out, getting involved in groups, making friends, meeting girls and having a partner, things like that - because even if it hadn't worked, at least I'd have tried and I'd have gained some degree of experience.

I find that because I put things off, waiting to clear my acne first, I don't really know how to go ahead and do those things I wanted to do to begin with. At the most, all clearing your acne does is give you that reason to be happier with how you look physically. It doesn't create opportunities or give you experiences. There's only one person who can do that. As the saying goes, life is what we make it.

smile.png

It was always something I thought about because I fell into this trap of thinking that my acne was stopping me from doing, well, everything.

Turns out, that wasn't really the case. Sure, it made me insecure and I didn't really have any confidence to go ahead and do certain things, but my acne wasn't actually stopping me. The only thing stopping me was me.

I learned eventually that, with or without acne, the key thing is confidence and experience. If you don't experience things, you're never going to build confidence. Equally, if you don't work on the confidence, you're never going to put yourself in positions to experience things. It's a vicious circle. I kind of wish I'd just powered through and had a go at things - going out, getting involved in groups, making friends, meeting girls and having a partner, things like that - because even if it hadn't worked, at least I'd have tried and I'd have gained some degree of experience.

I find that because I put things off, waiting to clear my acne first, I don't really know how to go ahead and do those things I wanted to do to begin with. At the most, all clearing your acne does is give you that reason to be happier with how you look physically. It doesn't create opportunities or give you experiences. There's only one person who can do that. As the saying goes, life is what we make it.

smile.png

You got a good point, I remember being anti-social since kindergarden i just had a hard time getting along with people so even if i would get clear i think i still would have a hard time meeting people and interacting, but i would be a whole lot happier thats for sure. maby being antisocial plays a part in having acne. im a have to look into that, here i go talkin to myself again.eusa_think.gif

Being clear was sort of a double edged sword. Yeah it solved the outside but it didn't help with my destroyed self-confidence. I look at a picture of myself and ALL I SEE is acne when it's not even there. Same with when I look in the mirror. It's sort of how I conditioned my mind to see me. 2 months down the road I look at the same picture and think nothing of it and actually see myself for who I am.

My mind will always see me as the kid with acne (writing this makes me really want to seek out cognitive therapy.) I still get breakouts when I fall off the lifestyle bandwagon and this just triggers my feelings of inferiority.

Sometimes I dream of a day where it doesn't matter. A day when I realize that who I am is so much bigger than my outward appearance. But this day never seems to come.

Edited by 5ive

Go back to Crossfit, meet women and new guy friends, go to bars, go to the beach, go out in public and talk to people without being self conscious about my skin...and most importantly.....BE MYSELF!

Edited by Murph89

I agree with what other posters have said that acne does not stop you doing stuff (if it stopped me doing stuff I would have wasted 20 years of my life and would have missed out on so much!) but there are things that I look forward to doing when I am finally clear.

Go out without makeup on

Go swimming

Go camping

Go to a health spa for a day

Oh and when my skin is clear again, im going to go back to shaving every other day so I can show off my skin. I get so jealous when i see a guy my age with a clean shaven face with clear skin and I think to myself "Damn that was me only 3 months ago" I dont shave and attempt to grow facial hair to hide my flaws. Always have done that.

When I get clear I think the first thing I'd do is try and settle down in a healthy, committed relationship. I just can't be with someone more than a few times, because I'm worried it'll mean me staying over and therefore having to take my makeup off. Sad, I know.

But yeah apart from that, I agree with all the posts on makeup; I can't wait for the day when I can roll out of bed, brush my hair and head out the door without worrying about "covering" my skin.

Ooh, I'd also get my full bangs back and be happy knowing my forehead won't erupt... and drink alcohol without worrying about my skin...

Edited by Clara Nicolini

I honestly think I will never get clear. Even if I did get "clear" i would still not do anything because acne destroyed the collagin in my skin and the coloring and texture of my skin.

Before i brokeout bad, I went out with my coworker whos is sooooo gorgeous. Date went perfect and we talk every single night!!

Havent seen her in about a month because of acne :( but im going on month 2 of the regimen and things are looking aot better

Hope fully i can see her again by July because i dont want to lose her!