Evoluting Cysting P...

Notifications
Clear all

Evoluting Cysting Pustule. What Is This?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 04/22/2012 8:44 pm

Dear all. Success story, my skin is mostly clear after 15 years of hard battle. I found a regimen that works more or less. 5 months ago. That being said, I am still getting the occasional pimple. Once in a while, and isolated. It is actually annoying cause mines are huge and impossible to stop. I drink only water. No gluten. No sugar. No dairy. No smoking. I am a guy so no make up.

What i am fighting now, after a month totally pimple free:

Last thursday: Large red mark appears on the upper side of my cheek, under the eye, right there in the middle of my face. No tickling, nor pain, but i can see a very small white center starting to form.

Last friday: the large red mark is still here, and the very small white center starts being elevated. But not too much.

Last saturday: the red mark becomes smaller, but the white center becomes larger and grows more. Pain starts. Pimple arrived.

Last sunday (yesterday): red mark is mostly gone, but a pimple has totally formed. Large, elevated, painful, with a white center. Not too red, but very large. Like it fed on the red mark.

During this night: could not stand that it would take another week to heal on its own. Decided to pop (with tee tree oil and placed and bandaid after). Solid white material came out, and a bit of blood. Might still have a bit of white stuff in. (feels like there were two of these white heads, but we will see in the morning). Pain was mostly relieved when the white stuff came out. TTO application made the wound sting (good sign i guess).

Seriously, what are those? I do not mind pimples which take a day or two. But these ones seem to last and grow forever. If i do not pop, they continue their life cycle for weeks.. Help!! :-)

MemberMember
(@gia1)

Posted : 04/24/2012 6:52 pm

probably a cyst

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 04/29/2012 12:38 am

I am getting another one today.

Last time, i popped it and next day it was much better.

So now i am in for a few days i guess.

This morning (sunday): Red mark appears on my cheek. No swelling, no pain.

I am trying something new. No washing, no cream. Just a bit of TTO on my face, where the problem areas ae. I feel that washing and putting cream may be making them worse.

We will see!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 04/29/2012 9:51 am

This is really frustrating....... Seriously. I am in my 30s.... Have to go to work with those.......

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 04/30/2012 11:15 am

I find that cysts need a combination of internal medication and external medication. internal medication will prevent new ones, and a STRONG retinoid will bring the ones you have to the surface. When I am on antibiotics I don't get new cysts, but my old ones cycle in and out. I used Differin for years with no results. I am now on Retin-A Micro with an internal med (Spiro) and am finally seeing my decades-old cysts come to a head and disappear. It does take weeks for an old cyst to really disappear. I will squeeze out bits of the cyst core multiple times for a period of days before all of it is gone.

There are different opinions on this, but I have found you really need to (gently) extract the cores from the cyst once they have broken the surface of the skin. At that point they will just sit there forever unless you push the crap out.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/05/2014 4:18 am

I find that cysts need a combination of internal medication and external medication. internal medication will prevent new ones, and a STRONG retinoid will bring the ones you have to the surface. When I am on antibiotics I don't get new cysts, but my old ones cycle in and out. I used Differin for years with no results. I am now on Retin-A Micro with an internal med (Spiro) and am finally seeing my decades-old cysts come to a head and disappear. It does take weeks for an old cyst to really disappear. I will squeeze out bits of the cyst core multiple times for a period of days before all of it is gone.

There are different opinions on this, but I have found you really need to (gently) extract the cores from the cyst once they have broken the surface of the skin. At that point they will just sit there forever unless you push the crap out.

I am back to this. Just pushed the crap out two of them. One of them seems to be healed. The other one had refilled and I took the gunk out of the pore again this morning. How frustrating can this be.....