Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grrrr...

what the derm told me

Well I finally had to go to the derm. He determined my acne to be caused (worsened) by stress (so stress does play a part). I was in the middle of my college exam, and I had realised my really mild (or so I thought) acne to be worsening as I go by many nights with 2-3 hrs of sleep.

I asked him if washing my face with water is enough. He says its not enough, I gotta use a cleanser. (So it may not be a very good idea for those already with acne to just wash your face with plain water.)

I also asked about the side effects of accutane (He gave me a 2 wk, 20 mg dose of oratane (isotretinoin)). He didn't mention suicide though. Mainly it's not suitable for those who are or expect to be pregnant, and those with liver problems.

Oh yeah, for those who think a facial would help with their acne, I don't. I did go for a few times of facial but that's not dealing with the root of the problem.

Btw I'm on my second day of accutane. No change though. Mainly he gave me accutane cuz of my back, I don't really care what's happening there though.

Guest Captain Chaos
Well I finally had to go to the derm. He determined my acne to be caused (worsened) by stress (so stress does play a part). I was in the middle of my college exam, and I had realised my really mild (or so I thought) acne to be worsening as I go by many nights with 2-3 hrs of sleep.

I asked him if washing my face with water is enough. He says its not enough, I gotta use a cleanser. (So it may not be a very good idea for those already with acne to just wash your face with plain water.)

I also asked about the side effects of accutane (He gave me a 2 wk, 20 mg dose of oratane (isotretinoin)). He didn't mention suicide though. Mainly it's not suitable for those who are or expect to be pregnant, and those with liver problems.

Oh yeah, for those who think a facial would help with their acne, I don't. I did go for a few times of facial but that's not dealing with the root of the problem.

Btw I'm on my second day of accutane. No change though. Mainly he gave me accutane cuz of my back, I don't really care what's happening there though.

Guest Captain Chaos

1 Week accutane??? That sounds like a waste of time, he must be planning on giving you more doses...

well i just don't see any changes now...not even dry lips...

3rd day. he gave me those 1 week accutane and a facial wash and some ointment that's all.