Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flipster103

Four Months Into Accutane, My Results So Far

I am 21, I "should have" gone on accutane years ago... I am a girl so by law required to take birth control and get a predgnancy test before I started accutane. I was going to do it, I got so fed up with the not wanting to go to school thing, etc (i was 18 then) But I had a bad reaction to the birth control pills and also had mild liver problems then so my dermatologist decided it wouldnt be such a good idea. I now have cleared up my liver issues, my skin was clear for a while but the cystic acne as well as every other type has come back in full force and I just started a new school.... Obviously stress and less sleep contribute to my acne, but I know plenty of other people who are more stressed and sleep less and eat terribly, drink alcohol, etc... they have perfect skin. I believe my acne is hormonal and I am about to try a homeopathic remedy. If it doesnt work I am going to suck it u and get on accutane. What do you reccomend when it comes to startng it? what time of the year? i live in georgia so its sunny here almost all year round.... Ive never had a bloody nose in my life, have you had them prior to taking accutane? Also what do you mean by a cyst draining for 5 months? When I lived in my home state (I just moved and need to find a new darmatologist) I would ask for a cortisol shot. I have scars, people tell me I look fine when my skin is clear but it is terribly painful and I get so happy when my skin is clear that I know my mood will improve if I look good to myself when I wake up and look in the mirror. Sometimes looking in the mirror for the first time in the morning will give me a panic attack or mess with my mood for the rest of the day. You are so lucky to have a mom who isn't against medications. My parents never got me hearing aids or an operation I needed even though I was born with both problems and they have plenty of money to spend on these things. It has been tough but now that I am older and away from them I can make my own decisions. Just a little background info, sorry for rambling on like that but I am sure you can relate. Let me know how it goes!

In what months did your breakouts occur that came from the acutane? I think if it made me feel tired or weak as well as break my skin out more for a bit, I'd prefer not to be in school. I have pleny of vacation time so thats why I am curious about season/months. I asked about the season because of sun exposure, but I now understand that no matter when I take it if living in GA I will just have to play kinect sports and limit the outdoor ones haha. or play at night!

Was it a face full of cystic or nodular acne that caused your desire for accutane? Scars? See, I never thought my acne was that bad. I always wanted to be positive and think my skin just had a pimple or a bad pimple, it will pass. I always believed it would auto correct myself. I cringed everytime in public I saw pro active commercials or the "people think i eat too many chocolate bars or don't wash my face," commercials and made me all self conscious. I tried organics, supplements, natural pathic doctors, and all sorts of diets before caving to meds, topicals, antibiotics before accutane.

I know the feeling man. It sucks. Its not something to cry about though it is frustrating. On here, I bitch a fair bit about it and complain but, I do my best to be confident in my life. Its harder some days then others. I know a guy from work with severe scars froma acne and he is a nice guy. I do not know how he or others handle it. I have a few and it depressed me when I noticed it. I thought it was pigment that would pass. I think this makes us all stronger. When I thought I could not get any more depressed about circumstances and life, I was wrong.

Hug your parents, your sibblings, your real friends, and the people you care about. Nothing is promised in life and even when you think it cannot get any worse, believe me it can. Good luck on accutane man. If you ever need a friend or someone to talk to, feel free to pm me.

Was it a face full of cystic or nodular acne that caused your desire for accutane? Scars? See, I never thought my acne was that bad. I always wanted to be positive and think my skin just had a pimple or a bad pimple, it will pass. I always believed it would auto correct myself. I cringed everytime in public I saw pro active commercials or the "people think i eat too many chocolate bars or don't wash my face," commercials and made me all self conscious. I tried organics, supplements, natural pathic doctors, and all sorts of diets before caving to meds, topicals, antibiotics before accutane.

I know the feeling man. It sucks. Its not something to cry about though it is frustrating. On here, I bitch a fair bit about it and complain but, I do my best to be confident in my life. Its harder some days then others. I know a guy from work with severe scars froma acne and he is a nice guy. I do not know how he or others handle it. I have a few and it depressed me when I noticed it. I thought it was pigment that would pass. I think this makes us all stronger. When I thought I could not get any more depressed about circumstances and life, I was wrong.

Hug your parents, your sibblings, your real friends, and the people you care about. Nothing is promised in life and even when you think it cannot get any worse, believe me it can. Good luck on accutane man. If you ever need a friend or someone to talk to, feel free to pm me.

It was the acne on my neck that caused me to go on Accutane. 3 1/2 months later its still really bad. I never really had bad acne before it happened at all. And I definitely agree with you on the crying thing. I only cried twice about it, but I've learned to not let it rule your life. It'll go away, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and that's all I have to keep remembering. Thanks smile.png.

It was the acne on my neck that caused me to go on Accutane. 3 1/2 months later its still really bad. I never really had bad acne before it happened at all. And I definitely agree with you on the crying thing. I only cried twice about it, but I've learned to not let it rule your life. It'll go away, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and that's all I have to keep remembering. Thanks smile.png.

Were men. Most girls do not even care. I've made the mistake of being depressed or down about it which still happens but, I refuse to let it stop me from handling myself or the things I want to do in life. Be greatful for parents or the people you got in your life. Its easier to focus totally on what you haven't got and not realize how good we have it till we lose what we have. I am that guy. It sucks man.