Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oasis9923

Dry Flaky Skin From Epiduo

im on antibiotics and epiduo.. but getting very dry flaky skin :( how can i stop this? im considering buying aqeuous cream and jojoba oil... would this help?

Jojoba oil does help regulate the bodies normal rehydration, so yea it would be good, just be careful not to use too much since it can easily make your skin look oily, Also, if your using a kind of "heavy "lotion dont put too much on since it can make the flakes "stick" to your skin and clog the pores, So pretty much I would say keep your skin safe from the sun during the day, drink lots of water, and apply light layers of moisturizer at night. Oh and a question, how long have you been using the Epi? Just like with regular BP there is a period where the skin has to adjust to it (it can anywhere from days to weeks - depends on the persons skin type) so it may just take some time for the dry skin to fix itself.

Jojoba oil does help regulate the bodies normal rehydration, so yea it would be good, just be careful not to use too much since it can easily make your skin look oily, Also, if your using a kind of "heavy "lotion dont put too much on since it can make the flakes "stick" to your skin and clog the pores, So pretty much I would say keep your skin safe from the sun during the day, drink lots of water, and apply light layers of moisturizer at night. Oh and a question, how long have you been using the Epi? Just like with regular BP there is a period where the skin has to adjust to it (it can anywhere from days to weeks - depends on the persons skin type) so it may just take some time for the dry skin to fix itself.

ive been using it for nearly a month.. the only thing is im using the epiduo overnight, do you suggest putting moisterisier on top of it ? thanks

hmm i would have expected your skin to be accustomed to it by now then. Sorry to pry for details but how much do you use? Because you may or may not that the normal amount to use is like a pea-sized amount for each section of the face. So if you use more than that you can simply use less. But if not, then you can minimize the dryness by making sure you use a gentle cleanser (a foaming one is nice) and barely touch your skin. Then put on that thin layer of Epi on. Wait about 15 mins for it to dry, and go back and add a little layer of lotion. As i said before be careful not to glob on too much lotion. During the day its important to watch out for the sun because it can start a vicious cycle. Dry flaky skin in the sun will only exacerbate the problem.

Have you already tried just plain Adapalene gel? Its Epidou without the BP so its tons more gentle on the skin (in my experience). I was put on that after the Epi proved way too drying.

well i do think i put too much on.. ill try less. also, im using the clinique foaming cleanser so its quite drying.. ill probably switch this to aqueous cream and do moisterier 15 mins after epiduo

I have been on Epiduo for nearly a year and still find my skin to be dry and flaky sometimes. It does take a while to become accustomed to it, but since Epiduo completely cleared me of acne, I'd rather take the dryness than the spots :)

I used to use the clinique range but I did find them too harsh to use with epiduo. Now I use the Cetaphil range which is much more forgiving. On particularly dry days I mix the moisturiser with Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream moisturiser. Hope this helps!

hey abigail, I was checking out your gallery photos from back when you started epiduo(I am really considering this, or duac so am looking for people with results). Do you have any new photos of your skin now? Im glad you have success :-)