Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What should I do about this scar? My experience with acne was normal until about a year ago when out of nowhere I had a nickel sized acne that wouldn't go away and then left this ugly scar on the side of my face (really bad place btw). It has been this way for about 4 months now. I have been applying a topical lemon solution ( I am poor) about 2 weeks with only minor improvements. How serious is this? Does this look like the type of scar that can heal on its own or am I going to have to pay to get this fixed with dermabrasion or something?

The first picture is how I try to cover it up, the second is the scar itself.

post-175050-0-01450000-1334866756_thumb.

post-175050-0-37672400-1334866758_thumb.

post-175050-0-01450000-1334866756_thumb.

post-175050-0-37672400-1334866758_thumb.

Edited by whitelighter

that is a rolling/depressed scar. subcision will help you out greatly.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I had subcision done for a similar type of scar, and it just left me with an even more sunken area.

Whitelighter perhaps you could try some sort of filler? Fat transfer perhaps, as it's permanent.

I would also suggest subcision, looks like a rolling scar to me. Find a qualified surgeon in your area who has performed the procedure many, many times. Good luck.

To my knowledge, subcision is the typical treatment for this sort of scarring. Get a consultation booked with an experienced derm.