Notifications
Clear all

How Bad Is My Acne? 1-10?

MemberMember
(@pookieinthe805)

Posted : 04/17/2012 1:51 pm

well I'm 16 years old and I used to have perfect skin which is why I'm starting to feel insecure about it.

It's really hard for me to tell how bad it is but I know it is bad

but I'd like other peoples oppinions.

I've seen a dermatologist once and he prescribed me 150mg doryx

I've also been using ProActive for 3 days

The pictures are both sides of my face -.-

And I have it half as bad on my forehead.

Please help..

post-174925-0-33254400-1334688678_thumb.

post-174925-0-85223300-1334688684_thumb.

post-174925-0-33254400-1334688678_thumb.

post-174925-0-85223300-1334688684_thumb.

MemberMember
(@samuel-h)

Posted : 04/17/2012 2:25 pm

man ill give you a 6/10

not great dude but ive seen worse so chin up yeh x

MemberMember
(@acneopia)

Posted : 04/17/2012 3:10 pm

here

"light acne - just a few whiteheads and/or blackheadslight/moderate acne - several to many whiteheads and/or blackheads, a few papules and/or pustules (inflamed zits)moderate acne - many whiteheads and/or blackheads, several to many papules and/or pustules (inflamed zits)moderate/severe acne - many papules and/or pustules (inflamed zits), a few cysts and nodules (large inflamed lesions)severe acne - many papules and/or pustules (inflamed zits), several to many cysts and nodules (large inflamed lesions)"

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 04/17/2012 3:25 pm

If you don't want to go travel and research throughout the internet and learn it the hard way just read what I am going to write.

Simply, topical treatments won't do much specially Benzoyl Peroxide (ProActv) and Sallilyc Acid. If you have to, use natural ones.

The main source of acne is all internally not externally. So washing your face won't help, infact it dries it making your skin even produce more oil.

Go with a more Hollistic approach, change your lifestyle into a healthier way that our bodies were naturally intended to be. Cut out Sugar, Burgers, Choclates, Fries, Bread, and other oily and refined foods. Meat isn't really what causes acne but its best to lessen its consumption since they have growth hormones and antibiotics injected into them which our bodies may act wierdly to it.

Eat more Fruits and Veggies, also check if you have any food interlances or allergies. Sleep more, drink more water..

If you truly can't seem to achieve that kind of lifestyle or diet then just go with accutane which internally also shrinks your oil production but has side effects and isn't really good for your body, due to its side effects but its proven to work for sure.

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 04/17/2012 4:25 pm

dam bro, 16 and already tatted up, with gauges. My mom wouldve killed me at that age, lol

but ur acne is not that bad, its mainly ur cheeks. u have no scarring which is good. ill give u a 4/10.

ur acne looks like irritation, what r u using/regimen?

MemberMember
(@pookieinthe805)

Posted : 04/17/2012 5:07 pm

thanks everyone you guys are making me feel alot better about it (x

and DaftFrost, i'll definately stop eating all the junk food

dam bro, 16 and already tatted up, with gauges. My mom wouldve killed me at that age, lol

but ur acne is not that bad, its mainly ur cheeks. u have no scarring which is good. ill give u a 4/10.

MemberMember
(@dreamingofclearskin2011)

Posted : 04/17/2012 9:07 pm

get off proactive read the reviews on it n this site bro. i give you a 5/10 not too bad but if you dont treat it now it will keep getting worse

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 04/17/2012 11:38 pm

thanks everyone you guys are making me feel alot better about it (x

and DaftFrost, i'll definately stop eating all the junk food

yeah i have alot , i never really listen to my mom.

and thank you for the rate!

i just do the 3 step proactive & i took the picture after using the 3step & adding acne spot eraser from a whole different brand lol

from what i hear, pro activ is okay. and get off the acne spot eraser, whats the main ingredient on that thing? i have a feeling thats breaking u out.

read this. helped me out alot, just educate ur self.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn-skin-care-facts.aspx

MemberMember
(@dreamingofclearskin2011)

Posted : 04/20/2012 3:31 pm

maybe God is mad at you cause you never listen to your mom and punishing you with acne.. be a better person with respect and maybe you will feel better about yourself :)

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 04/21/2012 12:24 am

well I'm 16 years old and I used to have perfect skin which is why I'm starting to feel insecure about it.

It's really hard for me to tell how bad it is but I know it is bad

but I'd like other peoples oppinions.

I've seen a dermatologist once and he prescribed me 150mg doryx

I've also been using ProActive for 3 days

The pictures are both sides of my face -.-

And I have it half as bad on my forehead.

Please help..

I'd give it a 5. More importantly is how your skin looks BESIDES the acne. No scarring or enlarged pores from what I can see. Acne goes away, scars last a life time! You see need to see a derm and if you decide to go Proactiv you need to give it more then 3 days, more like 3 months.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 11/01/2012 2:13 am

how long have you been on doxy for now?