Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SupernatualFanatic

Here Comes The Accutane, Here Comes The Accutane.. :)

We are going to be crippled cut up girls with no acne by the end of this.

Hahaha so funny. I can totally see that. I'm getting lots of random paper cuts and stuff on my hands. I need to be more careful! Or start wearing Michael Jackson gloves. Haha

DAY 38

I haven't updated in about a week because nuffin special has been happening, the good thing is I haven't broken out except for a couple clogged pores on my left cheek! My right cheek feels sooo smooth yet my face overall feels sort of rough because of the dryness, but I can get over it. Taylor had another minor sunburn on her cheeks :( Don't yell at me! I forgot to wear my sunscreen :P but it's okie. My back is still killing me soooooooo bad :( I don't know what to do, any tips?

Other than that, I've just been super busy with the rest of my semester. I finished all my homework and exams and got a 3.7 GPA :) I'm proud haha.

Sorry to hear about your back, Taylor! I wish I knew something good that would help. If you're having the same kind of hot weather I am, a hot bath would not be the best option! Lol.

That's great to hear you haven't really broken out lately though! Always a plus! And congrats on the good grades!! :D

Guest *Spiro*

Your like a stranger in these parts little missy! I miss hearing from you! Glad you are doing good and no huge breakout has happened to you!

Also wear your sunscreen young lady! lol kidding. I know it is hard to remember. That is why you need to get sunscreen in your moisturizer that you use in the morning. Then you don't have to remember it at all it will just be in your routine! That is what I do. Was my face in the AM and then apply my AM moisturizer. Problem solved lol.

Congratulations on finishing school for the year! Summer is here YAHOO

DAY 38

I haven't updated in about a week because nuffin special has been happening, the good thing is I haven't broken out except for a couple clogged pores on my left cheek! My right cheek feels sooo smooth yet my face overall feels sort of rough because of the dryness, but I can get over it. Taylor had another minor sunburn on her cheeks sad.png Don't yell at me! I forgot to wear my sunscreen tongue.png but it's okie. My back is still killing me soooooooo bad sad.png I don't know what to do, any tips?

Other than that, I've just been super busy with the rest of my semester. I finished all my homework and exams and got a 3.7 GPA smile.png I'm proud haha.

Congrats on the high GPA! Hope you get to celebrate doing something fun, zippin' about in your cute car!

I love this pain cream called Topricin. It doesn't have any drugs in it, but somehow resolves all sorts of muscle pains. It was given to us by our chiropractor and it's UHMAZING!!!! Seriously!!! If you can find it in a health food store, get a sample or something! Fantastic!

http://www.topricin.com/prod_detail_list/topricin

Have someone give you a massage? Haha

Use a heating pad, too?

Those are my top picks. smile.png

Edited by Guest

Guest *Spiro*

I agree. Call your boyfriend and make him give you a massage. Or ask you mom to run your back, maybe that is more appropriate for your age lol.

I have been using a heating pad. As a matter of fact I am right now as we speak. Helps me feel better for awhile. Another thing I like to do is have someone pull your feet and another person pull your arms and stretch out! It feel so good.

Betsy! I miss you too! I am officially back in the forum like I used to be, this week was SOOOO HECTIC will homework and exams, I barely slept. Thankfully I haven't had to work except for tonight and tomorrow. 3 months of hot, hot, hot weather.. that I DON'T get to enjoy >:( Damnit, I'm going to enjoy it!!! Hahah. And AnalogHearts - Sadly hot baths is out for me because our weather has been very warm! I did take one a few days ago and that plus not having AC made me feel light headed haha. Since I get paid every Friday I was going to use either this check or next check to get a massage, I've never gotten one and now I got a use for one! My boyfriend is good at giving massages but he does it for 5 minutes and then "my hands hurt" pffffft wuss :P. Hahah jk, I can't give massages for a long time either. I don't understand how professionals can do it forever, it's crazy!

I haven't worked in a while because they understood all the stuff I had to get done with school which was incredible of them, but of course I have to work in 2 hours and I feel like complete crap! Accutane has been treating me sort of nice, I am tired still but not as bad, but for the past few days on and off I've been getting headaches, and nowww I got a headache and I'm exhausted! Sure right when I have to go work in bright, flourescent lighting >:(. We get 12 absences a year, and I really want to use 1 since I don't have any used up, but I need the $$$$ since I just bought a car :P.

DAY 38

I haven't updated in about a week because nuffin special has been happening, the good thing is I haven't broken out except for a couple clogged pores on my left cheek! My right cheek feels sooo smooth yet my face overall feels sort of rough because of the dryness, but I can get over it. Taylor had another minor sunburn on her cheeks sad.png Don't yell at me! I forgot to wear my sunscreen tongue.png but it's okie. My back is still killing me soooooooo bad sad.png I don't know what to do, any tips?

Other than that, I've just been super busy with the rest of my semester. I finished all my homework and exams and got a 3.7 GPA smile.png I'm proud haha.

I'm around where you're at. I'm at 41 days of 40mg, and unfortunately I;ve been having a breakout this past week, so it's good to hear you're not experiencing an IB.

How are your skin's oil levels? Did your skin dry out yet? If so, have you noticed any slight increase in oilyness? During the first month, my skin was radiant, no oil, and after exfoliation, my skin would be glowing and smooth. The breakout is not bad (4 deep pimples right now), but I consider it bad enough for my skin type, as I rarely get pimples on my face.

Do you have any advice on preventing pimples? Was your skin consistently better after the IB during your first course? When I'm on my period, my skin is noticeably more oily, so I'm thinking maybe that's why I'm breaking out badly after the first month of oil-free accutane skin. Or maybe no one is immune to the infamous IB:P

DAY 38

I'm around where you're at. I'm at 41 days of 40mg, and unfortunately I;ve been having a breakout this past week, so it's good to hear you're not experiencing an IB.

How are your skin's oil levels? Did your skin dry out yet? If so, have you noticed any slight increase in oilyness? During the first month, my skin was radiant, no oil, and after exfoliation, my skin would be glowing and smooth. The breakout is not bad (4 deep pimples right now), but I consider it bad enough for my skin type, as I rarely get pimples on my face.

Do you have any advice on preventing pimples? Was your skin consistently better after the IB during your first course? When I'm on my period, my skin is noticeably more oily, so I'm thinking maybe that's why I'm breaking out badly after the first month of oil-free accutane skin. Or maybe no one is immune to the infamous IB:P

Hey! I'm sorry you've been breaking out! My skin got EXTREMELY dry around week 3 and now my skin is just normal/dryish haha. It was flaking but now it's not. All I do is drink a ton of water, and wash my face every night. During my first course, I had a HORRIBLE IB, my skin flipped out, but then it got a lot better, I was only on it 2 months due to insurance, but those 2 months actually changed my acne since now, now it's just mild/moderate, before it was cyst, cyst, cyst. It may be the oil that you're breaking out from, but I have a feeling it's just the Accutane. It randomly pushes the gunk out whenever it wants haha.

Hi Taylor!

Great job on the GPA! High school is soooooo much harder than it used to be and having one kid in college and one kid still in high school, I know how hard it is to get such a great GPA - good for you! Your senior year will be awesome. Clear skin and all the fun stuff that goes with being a senior. :)

Glad to hear your skin is still hanging in there. My back hasn't been too bad on this medicine, I only notice soreness when I work out too hard but like Betsy, I usually just lay on a heating pad and that does the trick for me. I like Gina's recommendations, you know she's practically a doctor. Haha!

Hope your first day back at work went well. :)

oooo a heating pad, I definitely should get one of those!

A lovely big whitehead decided to erupt smack dab in the middle of my cheeck the minute I posted that my skin was doing good hahah. Oh well.. I can't do anything about it cause it doesn't have a head yet, gross little bugger.

Guest *Spiro*

I think posting positive on here is a curse. Everytime I say things are clearing up and looking better I get a breakout all over again. Hope yours heals up soon! For sure get yourself a heating pad it helps a lot.

My back is still killing me soooooooo bad sad.png I don't know what to do, any tips?

Hey if your backs still killing you, maybe try and go to the ocean. I know it's really good for recovery for sporting matches/injuries, so it might be worth a shot. I am only mentioning this because any of the usual products for back problems would cause more harm than good while you’re on accutane. Another option could be to do some light dynamic stretches daily. I hope your back is already better, that way you won't have to contemplate my suggestions even. Good luck with the rest of your accutane course.

Thank you for wishing me good luck but, I live in Wisconsin and there is no ocean by me :P can I fill my tub with salt water :D? hahah, thank you for the tip though, that's really interesting.

Not sure to be honest, maybe ask your derm. I don't know what it is about the ocean that helps with recovering. There's also a shower gel called Radox, in my country, you could ask your dermatologist if that can be used when on accutane. It didn't seem to have anything that would react too badly with accutane. If you don't have that brand where you live, you'll definitely have something similar. Its purpose is to loosen your muscles up, that might help with any pain. I'm sure your dermatologist would know something that could help at least minimise the pain.

Guest *Spiro*

So I finally listened to this Ron Pope you speak so highly of! Ummm holy crap his music is so sweet. Very sweet lyrics!

Have you used any sort of heating pads? We have one at my house that you heat up in the microwave for 4-5 minutes and wrap it in paper towels and put it up to whichever body part aches. It works great and we've had the same one for like five years.

UPDATE:

DAY 45

Halfway through month 2, crazyy! Things are sort of at a standstill, which is fine with me, as long as it's not getting much worse. I am still breaking out a bit, but no IB, just regular mini pimples I tend to get randomly. Although I am getting them in the craziest spots so I know that's the Accutane talking. I did get a small sunburn so everything looks a little more red, but that's okay because summer = sun tans and burns right? Haha I'm naughty I know ;( My arms and legs are so dry it's gross. I mean like the rashy dryness, and HORRIBLE ezcema under my knees which sucks cause of shorts season soon! Thankfully this whole week it's going to be weirdly cold out so I'm hoping it clears up a bit. My lips are getting more dry, it's weird how the side effects can kick in so randomly!

It's so strange how Accutane makes us breakout in random spots. I never had acne this bad on my jawline. I want to ask my derm about it. Ahh, sunburn. Mine is still looking crazy from last week. I will never forget to use sunscreen on every inch of my body. There's nothing worse than pain from sunburn. 80mg has made my lips crazy dry too! I constantly need to exfoliate them. I miss my normal lips!

Edited by kaydon