Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started the regimen around 3 weeks ago, with pretty light acne... However it was still noticeable to me and I hated my skin, so in desperation I stumbled upon this website. I originally thought this site was just for reviews, and when I found out that this website actually had tips on how to clear your skin up, I was thrilled. I ordered Dan's products because I just had a bad experience with drug store products. I dealt with all the side effects of BP, and I'm still dealing with them. Flakiness, redness, scaliness, dryness, itching, stinging, and burning. However, I realized pretty quickly that the products were just there to help. It's really all about patients, and the right technique. It's sad to see people giving up so early on this, because the regimen really does work, you just have to give it time. In my case, I didn't have to give it a whole lot of time, thankfully. However, I'm not going to jinx it and say "I'M 100% CLEAR!!!" because I still haven't worked my way up to the full dose of Bp yet.

In just 3 weeks, I've noticed truly AMAZING improvements. This regimen does EXACTLY what it's supposed to do. I've gotten many compliments on my skin's improvement, and really, you have NO IDEA how great it feels to actually get compliments on your skin after you've been struggling with acne -- and this is just in 3 weeks! If you are reading this, and you are frustrated with your skin, I have some advice for you.

• GET ON THE REGIMEN, ASAP!

• Be patient, and DO NOT over dose on BP. Work your way up to 1 finger's length SLOWLY.

• The more jojoba, the better! Don't be shy with the moisturizer, either.

• The regimen isn't for slackers. Stick to it no matter what, and don't give up!

I feel blessed that I have come across this website, and I hope you all on acne.org feel the same way, because unlike other websites, this site is genuinely focused on helping people. Hope you found this article useful, - WS

I agree!!! I have severe cystic acne and after 3 weeks I can't believe how good my skin looks so far! Not completely clear but there's a huge difference! I have always been so afraid of Benzoyl peroxide because of proactive and how bad it messed up my skin! So tryin the regimen was really a nerve racking thing for me to do! Glad I started and will continue till my skin is clear!

I'm glad to hear the regimen has worked so well for you! rolleyes.gif

It cleared me up really quickly too, just a few weeks. It's been 2 1/2 months, and I still get a few small blemishes here and there but nothing serious.

I strongly agree with what you said about the jojoba oil.. the more the better!!! It saved my life when the dryness was at its peak. I still use it as an extra step in the regimen.. I put a thin layer on my face and apply the BP over it. Works pretty dang well.

I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully you continue to get clearer & clearer!

I am so happy for you! Tomorrow marks week three for me too (well after a long break form BP, and breaking out uncontrollably as a result, i just recently restarted the regimen). I am not completely clear either, but I can see so much improvement, and it seems to have taken place over the last week. Like literally 7 days because this time last week, I was on week 2 and looking truly terrible. I was ready to quit. But after suffering through the BP initial effects for the last while, my skin barely itches anymore, and the dryness is almost gone! I bet I'll be very happy by the end of 4 weeks.

To everyone who's thinking of giving up, do NOT!!! You won't be sorry:)

I am so happy for you! Tomorrow marks week three for me too (well after a long break form BP, and breaking out uncontrollably as a result, i just recently restarted the regimen). I am not completely clear either, but I can see so much improvement, and it seems to have taken place over the last week. Like literally 7 days because this time last week, I was on week 2 and looking truly terrible. I was ready to quit. But after suffering through the BP initial effects for the last while, my skin barely itches anymore, and the dryness is almost gone! I bet I'll be very happy by the end of 4 weeks.

To everyone who's thinking of giving up, do NOT!!! You won't be sorry:)

That's awesome, I'm glad you are continuing with it no matter what. I still flake like mad after washing my face, and initially the BP burned so bad I wanted to quit, but I didn't, and I'll gladly take flakes over pimples any day. Now, the BP doesn't sting at all. I agree, DON'T GIVE UP!

I'm glad to hear the regimen has worked so well for you! rolleyes.gif

It cleared me up really quickly too, just a few weeks. It's been 2 1/2 months, and I still get a few small blemishes here and there but nothing serious.

I strongly agree with what you said about the jojoba oil.. the more the better!!! It saved my life when the dryness was at its peak. I still use it as an extra step in the regimen.. I put a thin layer on my face and apply the BP over it. Works pretty dang well.

I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully you continue to get clearer & clearer!

Yeah, jojoba oil is a life saver! I've used it from the beginning, and I think it's part of what helped me avoid the initial breakout everyone talks about for new regimen users. I still put a thin layer of BP on my face too, but I plan to slowly thicken it. Not too quick, though. This regimen is really awesome :D

I agree!!! I have severe cystic acne and after 3 weeks I can't believe how good my skin looks so far! Not completely clear but there's a huge difference! I have always been so afraid of Benzoyl peroxide because of proactive and how bad it messed up my skin! So tryin the regimen was really a nerve racking thing for me to do! Glad I started and will continue till my skin is clear!

I know, it's hard to believe that something like this really exists... That clears your face so quickly! I never had severe acne, but after all the acne products I'd tried, my skin was not a pretty sight. I, too, was terrified of using BP at first, (I was on Adapalene before the regimen) but honestly, the BP is what's gonna clear you up in the long run, and so far, it has! I still have maybe 1 or 2 small pimples, but they're hardly noticeable. I also will continue to use this, no matter what!

Just started week 2! My first week it cleared me up great, but now going into week 2 I am breaking out again :(

How depressing...

Just started week 2! My first week it cleared me up great, but now going into week 2 I am breaking out again sad.png

How depressing...

Don't stress. Week 2 is horrible like that. Especially since week one is so miraculous. You will be shocked by how great you're going to look 10-14 days from now:) And after that your skin will never backtrack:)

O really??? I'm gonna try that, putting the jojoba on first THEN BP. That'll probably help a lot more with my dryness! Thanks for the advice!

UPDATE! Today marks 1 month on the Acne.org Regimen for me! I'm psyched, still clear, and still very happy to have found this site. Not going to lie, my skin has been, and still is really dry, but I know I can control that with the amount of moisturizer & jojoba I put on. So all and all, I'm thrilled! Keep a positive outlook on things and you'll be set! - WS