Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Farther Away

Need Foundation Rec For Very Acne Prone Skin

I'm female and I have very acne prone skin. Every foundation I try either breaks me out and/or doesn't cover well enough. I need a rec for something that will cover up my redmarks and not look cakey or cause breakouts. I have fair skin so I need something that comes in light colors. Here is a list of some of the foundations I have tried:

Maybelline Everfresh

Coverblend

Dermablend

Almay Skin Stays Clean

L'oreal Quick Stick

Bare Minerals

Thanks for any help! biggrin.gif

~*~*Farther Away*~*~

Hi,

I have the same problem as you and the only makup i can use now is MAC its a powder/creme called studio fix. The coverage is good and i never break out with it. Im a lover of MAC everything i use of theres seems to be good and the makup stays.

I have the same problem as you and the only makup i can use now is MAC its a powder/creme called studio fix. The coverage is good and i never break out with it. Im a lover of MAC everything i use of theres seems to be good and the makup stays.

MAC seems to be the only place that I can find a color that is remotely close to mine. Too bad it breaks me out!!! I've been thinking about trying Prescriptives, but I hear that one causes breakouts in a lot of people too.

Ugh the woes of being an acne prone women!

I have used Prescriptives for a long time, and I don't think it ever made my acne worse. They have a great color selection esp. for us fair skin gals. They have a lot of different choices in coverage from very light and quite sheer to full plus coverage.They also do custom blended powder with an SPF.I'm not too keen on powder myself,but I know some gals who swear by it.They do the color printing, so I've never gotten a bottle where I didn't like the shade when I got it home. I have a friend who sells Clinique, and I have not used their products in years, but I've never heard a bad word about any of their formulations.

Ok, so I went and tried Prescriptives today. The match is nice, but it left me with a dewy shine kind of look. It also didn't cover my blemishes very well. My friend, who is a makeup know it all, told me to use a concealer and powder over it. What do you all think. I don't know much about liquid foundations.

I use the both Virtual skin which is a liquid, but I also use their full coverage compact called Photochrome. And that product is much better if you want to cover breakouts or red marks.The Prescriptives line has a concealer called Exactmatchstick. If you just need full coverage only as spot coverage, then that would be a good purchase.Prescriptives also does custom powder blends. I'm too lazy to use powder, but I do have friends who swear by it. Also, a good foundation brush really helps with application.Prescriptives, MAC, Lauren Hutton, and BareEssentuals all sell good brushes.Gloss.com carries Prescriptives. I like to preshop online so I know what I want to talk to the consultant about. It also seems to prevent them from trying to sell me stuff I don't need. biggrin.gif

Mac gives me cystic acne. I've tried it so many times and have gotten MORE pimples and oil every single time. I've stopped using it and have turned to using Bobbi brown foundation. My face has gotten alot better by using her makeup. It's kinda pricey, but hey your face is worth it! I love her oil-free even finish powder foundation and oil-free liquid foundation. My makeup routine: oil-free moisturizer, oil-free BB foundation, oil-free BB blemish cover stick on pimpoles then dust on oil-free BB powder on top. Her colors are also yellow-based so you can't really go wrong.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! biggrin.gif I just hope the next foundation I try doesn't break me out and actually covers the way I want it too. I'm tired of wasting my money!

~*~*Farther Away*~*~

I agree with coolchika! AquaSmooth is the best. I also don't like MAC foundation, it breaks me out really bad for some reason.

I've tried the "virtual skin" liquid foundation from Prescriptives, I liked it, but there wasn't enough coverage for me.

Now I'm in love with "Virtual Matte", I think it's the best foundation I've ever used, I recommended it to a friend of mine also with acne prone skin, and she loved it too!

Oh and I like Prescriptives' "Magic Powder" too. It's a liquid powder and it makes the foundation looking very natural. and it doesn't clog pores!!! biggrin.gif

^^

I'm thinking of trying the Prescriptives Magic Powder as I need a new powder also!

I've been wanting to try the Covergirl Aquasmooth for some time, but I don't know which shade to try because with the way it's packaged I can't see the colors. And you definetly can't go by the little color block they print on the actual package! Plus I was worried about it breaking me out since it has moisturizers in it. I have recently purchased Revlon Colorstay, haven't tried it yet though. A friend of mine recommended it to me. I decided to start with it since it's not to pricey. Hopefully it will cover well and not break me out. Otherwise I'm taking it back. Thanks again for all your rec's, keep them coming! biggrin.gif

~*~*Farther Away*~*~