Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrjarjarbinks77

Accutane Log: Turning The Page On Acne Forever :d

Alright guys. Good news. My dermatologist and family doctor collaberated together since, I have been trying meds from the two of them. Its hard to see my dermatologist. For instance, you could go this weekend and be stuck waiting for a month before seeing him again unless of a cancellation. So, they agreed to accutane. I am excited. The next 5months is going to blow.

Blood test this weekend, visit to the dermatologist this week, and accutane I assume late next week. That means, no buying it online for me. I am pumped. I am a little concerned with the blood tests or is it just precautionary? Someone let me know? I got to fast the night before the blood test, then test again two weeks later, then again too. Its going to be expensive too.

I cannot buy a new face so, I think this is the right decision. I will pray I get no bad side effects.

Congrats, been reading your posts glad you finally got on the course. I remember the same excited feeling, just finished my first week, best of luck with it all smile.png

Been regreting the decision to turn down my family doctor for accutane a year and a half ago. How much better off could I have been? I am one of these, tree hugger, all natural, all organics type of person. I love fitness, health, being active, working out, and sports. I just do not get it but, I tried everything else. Outside this, I am not sure that there is anything left. I hope this is it for me.

Thanks for the response. Its been frustrating. Turns out, my dermatologist held off cause, I have no coverage, he wants to be safe, and I do not think there is a better doctor in the world. My dermatologist is amazing. He doesn't provide the service or have the resources, he will send me else to get stuff but, he provides me with samples. I go in, and I leave with packages of samples. He gave be a grocery bag full of samples the last time I left.

I wish all of you guys have a great doctor like I got. rolleyes.gif

Oh wow I'm so happy for you that you finally got the go to start Accutane! :) I remember you saying how upset you were before from not being able to get in anywhere, which I would be too. Good luck with everything!

.Yes the blood tests are normal. My derm simply told me theyre taken to see how good your liver function is doing, to see if it can take the accutane. Good luck and hope it all runs smoothly!

Oh wow I'm so happy for you that you finally got the go to start Accutane! smile.png I remember you saying how upset you were before from not being able to get in anywhere, which I would be too. Good luck with everything!

Oh wow I'm so happy for you that you finally got the go to start Accutane! smile.png I remember you saying how upset you were before from not being able to get in anywhere, which I would be too. Good luck with everything!

Thanks sweet heart. I hope your accutane experience is without side effects and your skin is better from now on.

.Yes the blood tests are normal. My derm simply told me theyre taken to see how good your liver function is doing, to see if it can take the accutane. Good luck and hope it all runs smoothly!

I did the blood work last weekend, I got a few shifts to work, see my dermatologist later this week, and I hope to be on accutane before next week.

Thanks sweet heart. I hope your accutane experience is without side effects and your skin is better from now on.

I did the blood work last weekend, I got a few shifts to work, see my dermatologist later this week, and I hope to be on accutane before next week.

Congratulations! I'll be following your process and hope it goes well for you! We are ALL in this together, and you aren't alone! You're going to love it! I'm only on day 2 so we won't be far apart!

Congratulations! I'll be following your process and hope it goes well for you! We are ALL in this together, and you aren't alone! You're going to love it! I'm only on day 2 so we won't be far apart!

Thanks. I am feeling frustrated at the fact, I have to take the worst possible scenario drug to make improvements. I am broken out a bit right now. I get little bits of periods where I am fine. My dermatologist doesn't feel its bad enough to go on this but, I am fearful of scars since, I get the odd nodule or cystic acne. Personally, I do not know the difference.

Day #1

I took the pill. I read a bunch of the side effects and stuff. Its a little alarming. My dermatologist prescribed me 40mg to start and then, he is bumping me up to 80mg. I need blood work in two weeks followed by every month from here on. I think it was prescribed or estimated to be around 5months maybe 6? I am planning to document my diet and workout routines. I may write down some of my thoughts. I told my mom to let me know if I act weird or if my hair is thinning. I don't want to go bald. I also got warned online by someone about masturbation causing acne. Someone posted about erectile difficulties since taking accutane. This is pretty scary.

Dry Eyes (Severe)

- E.D/ Low Libido (Started last year and has gone on consistently since)

- Hair-loss (Including eyebrows, facial hair 'gaps' and body hair)

- Slow Healing (Shaving is a pain now - No, it's not my technique)

- Lack of sebum (oil)

- Brain Fog/ Memory problems - Somewhat minor

- Anxiety (mainly because of the other side effects - i.e. dry eyes causing me to feel embarassed about eye contact)

- Excessive hair (Not related to head, but my beard grows high up on cheeks and even on the outside of my nose)

- I believe I look older than I should due to lack of oil

- Joint/Muscle problems - Aches/ Slow recovery

- Excessive sweating.. Terrible if I go running at the gym, for example.

- Dry mouth

- Nosebleeds more than I should

- Fatigue

- Overall depression and confusion (*Rhetorical question* Is this a direct symptom or am I like it because of all the other side-effects stressing me out?)

Edited by mrjarjarbinks77

You're welcome! And thanks so much, I wish the same for you as well. smile.png

You're welcome! And thanks so much, I wish the same for you as well. smile.png

Thanks a lot. I am hopefully going to get cleared up. I am planning to document my meals. Hopefully, this will help a lot. I wish I was clear right now heading into this. The flare up is having me concerned too.

Day 2, I ate pretty much the same as I always do. I am thinking about starting a log on my diet. I want to drink only water and lots of it. I want to clear out things like breads even from a sub or wrap, and preservatives which is easier said then done. I noticed today, my lips look thin, blush red even. I noticed I am sore. My joints ache a bit but, I think its cause I worked out and maybe accutane. I have felt sick at random moments. Not sure if I am eating less. I have felt a bit of strain in my lower back but, this was bugging me before accutane. One of the places I ordered accutane online shipped from China or India and arrived today. The originally place I ordered from never came at all. I need to call and request a refund though, I think that wont be happening. I got another thirteen days before I double my dose from 40-80mg.

Is it normal to up it this quickly? Also, when you got on accutane, did they give you the immediate 5 or 6month supply immediately or did you get it on a monthly basis? As of now, I am only stocked up on 30days of pills. I see my dermatologist then, I do blood work in a couple of weeks, then again every month following. I am hoping I get clear and I do not experience the flare up that some mention. Seeing that I am on accutane, my luck isn't all that great to begin with. If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all.

My skin pisses me off. I do so much to be healthy and fit but, there is nothing good or attractive about acne or scars. Somedays, I feel like the elephant man. It really angers me. I do not feel like I ever had a fair shot at living a confident life. Two years ago, I was an entirely different person then I am now. I am not liking who I am becoming and I think change is in order. I am in the process of getting over a break out as I enter this. I suppose a pic should be taken. I hate camera and pictures.

I actually am STARTING at 80mg and I'm a tiny person :P, my acne is the red bumps all over my cheeks and forehead that aren't inflamed, but just won't go away or do anything. We'll be on the same dosage so update me and let me know your side effects! This is only day 3 for me (WELL technically it will be day 4 since it's midnight haha) and nothing has happened yet, so let me know what's going on with you. I hope your day went great!

I actually am STARTING at 80mg and I'm a tiny person tongue.png, my acne is the red bumps all over my cheeks and forehead that aren't inflamed, but just won't go away or do anything. We'll be on the same dosage so update me and let me know your side effects! This is only day 3 for me (WELL technically it will be day 4 since it's midnight haha) and nothing has happened yet, so let me know what's going on with you. I hope your day went great!

Wow. Well, my dermatologist says its based upon my weight which is heavier then ever which is actually a good thing since, I am working out, and I put on some muscle. I need to lose fat though. It sucks since, you gain here or you lose there. I gain muscle and with it comes fat or I lose weight being fat but, I lose muscle too. Its a catch 22. I am focusing on avoiding empty calories and I may start to document my healthy diet and workout somewhere online. Maybe here.

Thanks for the kind message.

Its day 3. I keep going back and forth with thoughts that, my skin isn't that bad, what am I do with accutane while, other moments I feel like the dreaded elephant man or some sort of hideous creature from a horror movie. I am not sure how in the hell I managed to pull getting on accutane. My suspicion is my dermatologist figured I would purchase it online until, I found a site that would provide me. Strangely, it came in the mail a day after my prescription was placed. The first site I am trying to get a refund. The second site delivered 3 packets of 10mg from Singapore or China made in India or some site from there? Not sure which. I am shocked it made it through. I know our laws here in Canada re crazy strict. Even supplements are screened hard by our government.

Not much has changed. I am getting over a breakout. I am praying it doesn't scar. I got a bunch of self help books. I am reading frequently to keep from being a weirdo. My mom mentioned she noticed hairs in the sink. My cousin says its normal even if you just comb your hair. I hope I do not thin or bald. I wish my hair was longer so, I could better hide acne though, its not foolproof. I could irritate the area more and cause a bigger breakout too. I am feel sore in my joints so, I did not workout today. I wish I did. My lower back is bugging me but, I think its my crappy bed. My lips are blush red and I look white around them since I over used a chap stick. I need to eat and drink more. My diet is lower then usual. I just ate subway.

I got 12 more days till I double up. I am scared about being social and working, times when I have to be in public if the flare up happens. Please god NO! My mom was saying there must be a better way with a healthier alternative. I told her to watchout in case I start becoming a weirdo or all withdrawn. I have been this way for a little bit now going a little over a year. I am probably depressed. I need to get back into school and focus on the things that matter. All and all, I have not noticed a whole lot. I wonder what it would be like to wake up in a world where this never crosses my mind?

Alright, day #4. I am feeling okay. My lips are a little bit chapped. I got a mans lip chap that works though, I use way too much. I am noticing my appetite to be a little off then usual. I am watchign my hair, my hair line, and trying to make sure I get my regular meals. I have not started a diet log but, I totally intend to now. I have noticed a fair bit of back pain but, this was present prior to starting accutane. I have only taken the prescription from my doctor. Not the one I bought online that is 10mg. These pills are 40mg each. I am looking forward too getting clear regularly. My lips are not as blush red as they were before. I wonder how I will feel when I start working out more? I suppose I will find out. I did not go out the last couple of days. I am just trying to get clear and eat better.I probably should pray more and document all my meals and routines.

Not sure if I read wrong but, I believe I saw someone post about accutane and using a topical at the same time? My dermatologist said it thins the skin so do not use anything except cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer which I use two times per day starting in the morning in the shower and then, late at night before bed. I sleep on my back now, not my tummy or sides which is tough getting use too. I spent my whole life sleeping on my side or tummy. I think this is why my back is bugging me. I am needing a new bed. Its just so expensive. Medication isn't cheap though, accutane is much cheaper then I had first expected.

Side effects?

-chapped lips

-appetite?

-sore muscles/back

Feeling alright other wise.

Hey....first off Congrats on your new journey to clear skin. I am hoping that I will be put on accutane when I visit a dermatologist when I get back to Toronto. I believe that u said that u did not have insurance to cover accutane. If you don't mind me asking, how much did a months supply cost you without insurance?

I do have insurance but I'm not sure if it gets covered by my insurance company.

Hey....first off Congrats on your new journey to clear skin. I am hoping that I will be put on accutane when I visit a dermatologist when I get back to Toronto. I believe that u said that u did not have insurance to cover accutane. If you don't mind me asking, how much did a months supply cost you without insurance?

I do have insurance but I'm not sure if it gets covered by my insurance company.

I spent a couple hundred online for accutane. I do not recommend doing this. I never received it. I tried again at which time, my dermatologist just offered me a prescription. Strangely enough, my second online order arrived. It said it was from a Singapore, then said shipped from China, originated in India. I am not taking it. lol

If I never got a prescription, I would have since, I prefer not to look like the photos of acne and scars online. Strange. I am from Toronto too. I ended up spending about $113.00 no insurance. Hopefully, your parents can buy you it or you got the money. Its well worth it. Believe me, it is and all the tree huggers and nature lovers can put there stuff to bed. If your body is gonna scar your face, indents or craters, fuck it, get on accutane. Hopefully, you have a amazing dermatologist like I got.

Day #5 - My head hurts a bit. I might be dehydrated. I have a really sore aching body. Not sure why? I need to see a massage for a full body workout this week. I am getting over a current break out. I have not noticed much side effects though, my lifes seem chapped in the corner, and the chillitus I believe I have has been aggrevated. Its uncomfortable since, I do not want to look like I got herpes or cold sores. I hear chillitus is a typical side effect. What sucks is that, I got this before, and it usually happens in winter where its dry. I found out, I need to pick up more pills cause, the full prescription was not processed or they did not have enough. They just gave me what they had at the time so, I need to get the rest later today. I worked out last night. I am going tonight too. I am watching my intake of water and food. I notice my appetite isn't what it usually is.

I am happy to find that, one of the two sites actually offered me accutane like I wanted. Still, I was scared taking accutane from a pharmacy nevermind a site from god knows where or the quality of it? I cannot believe I was angered to the point of self medicating. That is pretty crazy. Its just been active acne and progressingly worse since I was 12. I am thinking a lot about fate probably cause, I just watched the butterfly effect, and its got me considering how little is out of our hands. I've been praying my whole life for clear skin and for this shit to pass me by. I do not feel like prayers have been answered since, I have gone to such an extent to get past this. Fortunately, it is clearing up, break out is going away, and no scars are present. THANK GOD. Due to acne, I got a lot of large pores, a few scars, self conscious about my skin, and at least I am a guy so, it sort of looks rugged.

I was watching tv recently and I kept seeing all these people that were so attractive. It made me envy them. So much is outside our control. I can try and do this or that but, still, fate is not in my hands. I have zero control on everything. Since I started reading self help, I am taking action, and approaching more things in life I failed to do before. I am not giving myself excuses or ways out. I am just trying to succeed. I realize things like acne or disease, things like biology, genetics, and so on are all outside our choice and fate is not in our hands. I am a pretty positive person. It sucks to experience this and yet, I keep realizing that some of you are so much worse off then I. I saw this poor girl post a pic of her scar and said something about how sad and depressed she is cause she is 17? Its pretty shitty how things go sometimes.

Side effects

-lethargic

-dry lips and flaky

-head ache (dehydrated maybe?) More water!

-skin clearing up

-thinking about fate a lot right now?

I was watching tv recently and I kept seeing all these people that were so attractive. It made me envy them. So much is outside our control. I can try and do this or that but, still, fate is not in my hands. I have zero control on everything. Since I started reading self help, I am taking action, and approaching more things in life I failed to do before. I am not giving myself excuses or ways out. I am just trying to succeed. I realize things like acne or disease, things like biology, genetics, and so on are all outside our choice and fate is not in our hands. I am a pretty positive person. It sucks to experience this and yet, I keep realizing that some of you are so much worse off then I. I saw this poor girl post a pic of her scar and said something about how sad and depressed she is cause she is 17? Its pretty shitty how things go sometimes.

This pretty much sums up how I've been thinking. We have medicine that can help it, and all it comes down to is time. Stay positive.

mrjarjarbinks77,

I feel where you're coming from. I have had acne since I was in the 3rd grade!!!! Having acne has taken a huge toll on my confidence at times. I can't even look at someone without thinking that they are staring at one of two things; my pimples, or my acne scars. Im going into my final year of university in the fall and i just want a new start. I play on my universitiy's varsity basketball team, so ive pretty much been social all because of sports.

It really is strange what people will go through to clear their acne. I dont blame them because acne is a real confidence killer and a hard situation to live with.

I too have prayed to God asking for clear skin, and I'm at a tipping point right now. Maybe this is God's answer to our acne problems. Who knows.

This pretty much sums up how I've been thinking. We have medicine that can help it, and all it comes down to is time. Stay positive.

Man, I've lost some family, friends are not around, and I am just seeing life pass me by. It feels bad man.

mrjarjarbinks77,

I feel where you're coming from. I have had acne since I was in the 3rd grade!!!! Having acne has taken a huge toll on my confidence at times. I can't even look at someone without thinking that they are staring at one of two things; my pimples, or my acne scars. Im going into my final year of university in the fall and i just want a new start. I play on my universitiy's varsity basketball team, so ive pretty much been social all because of sports.

It really is strange what people will go through to clear their acne. I dont blame them because acne is a real confidence killer and a hard situation to live with.

I too have prayed to God asking for clear skin, and I'm at a tipping point right now. Maybe this is God's answer to our acne problems. Who knows.

I feel shame like I told a girl in a message. What sucks is how much it has effected my life, my mind, my emotions, the fact I wont go out or sit around and cry about this crap but, I am angered and extremely frustrated though, I hide it when I am out. I understand its all cosmetics. I would not have believed anyone if they told me I would have gone to a cosmetic clinic if I was told a decade ago. I never cared about much but, acne never auto corrected itself. Its better now then its been but, its been going on since I was 12. 12yrs old man and it progressively got worse.

I've skipped out or flaked on girls during dates or made up a reason not to come. What sucks is seeing them in a relationship or hearing from their friends they are messing around with some other guy. Its awful man.

How much of your life would be different? I get moments where I am like I was two years ago, social, out going, and fun to be around. It passes. I want to get back to where I once was. Its just so difficult. I don't know what I would do if things were worse then this?

Day #5 Side effects

-sore muscles

-sore eyes

-lethargic

-head ache (probably dehydrated)

-chapped lips

I am starting my own diet log. I am thinking about writing down my thoughts on accutane. See if they are odd when I look back after my course. I see my dermatologist next month. I am really needing to focus and get back to school. I want to get into my field. Its just so distracting with all this crap going on. I haven't been out with friends much. I rarely hear from them. I haven't been out on a date in a long time. Life has got me frustrated. I am reading some self help stuff like a doctor suggested I do but, I was doing that before. I need to listen to this hypnosis cd I got on confidence by Paul Mckenna. It really works. Its just so easy to get caught up in everything going on. Its entirely genetic and biological battling acne, how we look, how we age, hair color, hair line, height, and everything. I keep thinking about fate and how little is in our control. I can take risks, chances, opportunities in life but, I just don't want to look back on so much and regret everything.

Day # 6, 7 were mostly the same. The most alarming side effect I hade was a panic attack or racing heart beat during my sleep. It may have been a lucid dream or sleep paralysis. If it happens again, I am going to check it out, and see what that maybe? I got pain in my left eye, sore, not redness. its almost as if the pain is behind the eye or something. My lips peel. I got chapped lips and it provokes chillitus in the corners of my mouth. Its not very attractive. I try to fix it with a qtip. I find myself lethargic and rarely energetic. I am trying to keep occupied with work, with working out, exercise, long walks, a light run or bike ride, and a clear diet. I am getting over a break out. I believe I had a slight break out and then, the start of accutane provoked something that was bound to flare up. I double up in less then a week or so. I need to go get blood and then once every month for the next while. Eating is unusual. With my lips splitting, I cannot eat or open my mouth to wide. Its raw. My muscles are sore.

After all this, even after all the possible side effects that may term up later on, what could possibly be worse then acne or a face full of scars? Having even a few is upsetting. I cannot imagine spending my life with hideous scars and being crater face. I am sympathetic for those going through that, that are on this same experience or regular upset. I am eating quite well. I am also reading a lot of self help books to occupy my mind. I need to start focusing on school, on money, and on living life to its fullest. I do not feel I am there. I am trying to dedicate my time toward something much more compelling and worth while. I am not sure where I fit in with life and with what I should be doing for a living. I need to figure this out.

I plan to get back into school during this treatment asap. I am trying to set up goals for myself, plans for clearing up myself, even treatments for scars or to better my skin. I got told by a cosmetic clinic, I can do blue light treatment but, I need to wait minimum 6months after my accutane treatment. Even still, its a long long ways away. I am trying to put myself out there again, be social, have a life, even date again, and move on with my life. I never want to look back on this. I never want to look back at what could have been so, here is me trying everything I can.

Thank you. I actually like how I look. Its just frustrating with acne. I got a family reunion coming. All my cousins and second cousins will be coming with their girlfriends. I am even a year or so older then some and I still battle acne. Its very frustrating. All the diets, meds, treatments I have tried, and I feel like I've gotten worse since turning 20.

Its almost been two weeks now. I need to stay up to date more frequently. My skin is pretty red, red like I got too much sun which hasn't been the case. I feel a bad pimple on the back of my neck near my hairline. I haven't increase the dose yet. I do blood work in a couple days. I have noticed where I am still having acne, its less intense then it normally would be, and my skin is flaky despite the cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer i use twice a day. NO TOPICAL CREAMS OR GELS. I am busy with work and its upsetting being all red or broken out prior to accutane. I got some anti inflammation or post acne inflammation I only pray wont scar. I feel lethargic but, not as much when I first started. I had a couple energy drinks while I have been taking accutane. If that is a bad idea, someone message me. I am avoiding supplements and my multi vitamin like my doctor said. I got my return appointment to my dermatoligist this month.

Is it normal that I was given only 1month supply of accutane before seeing my doctor?

I have finally doubled up. Its day 16. I thought I missed a dose but, I am right on track. I am at 80mg. My chest hurts. I am a little concerned about my 80mg dose. I am red prior on 40 plus flaky. I do not want balding or hair thinning side effects or erectile difficulties which hasn't bee the case thank god. I have noticed some minor spots. I realize if it wasn't for acne, they likely would have been horrible since, its around my inflammatory trigger areas. I am considering to use more cetaphil moisturiser since, my skin is flaky. It stopped being red after multiple weeks of use. I need to see the doctor for blood work. I am a little late here. I'll end up going early for my next one just so, my doctor can check me and make sure everything is right. I am also still feeling lethargic and trying to get past it. I hope I wont feel this way at work. I am eating quite well and I am considering a diet log just to keep myself busy and on track. I am also focusing on more important things then acne. I have spent way too much of my life concerned with it and now, I need to start living my my life.

So, I got a question? If you are a day early or late, does it effect you for blood work?

I started my double dose recently. I need to be more update here. I noticed I am still lethargic but, not as much when I first started. I have had red bull here and there. I will stop starting tomorrow. Its just difficult to work out or go any where when I feel so tired. I passed out sitting up the other night. I heard my tv go when watching netflix which woke me up. It was unusual. How do you guys start to deal with flaky skin on accutane? I have noticed areas that are my inflammatory trigger regions feel strange or in some cases, there is trace acne but, i barely even notice it even. In some spots, I can feel where I would have normally had a breakout. Accutane is amazing. My lips and flaky skin suck but, its not red like before. My hair isn't falling out like I feared and I don't have erection problems like someone posted on here as a side effect thank god. I have been a bit more social. A lot more positive, I am reading a fair bit too, and trying to wrap my mind around school, around having a better life. I want to take care of my mom, I want a social life, and to date some more. I want to go back to where I was before my world turned upside down.

Right now, I use cetaphil moisturizer and cleanser 2x a day. I may stop that and use the cleanser 1x and moisturize 2x a day. I need to start a diet log starting tomorrow. I also need to drink more water. I have been having terrible head aches more recently. I think its my drinking red bull or not enough water. Maybe both?