Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
N9er

Would This Be A Bad Idea?/pic

I've been on the regimen using the acne.org products for two weeks. When I started, I didn't really have the typical legions of pimples, cysts, I just had a face of red, bumpy, damaged skin after having spent a few years using 10% benzoyl peroxide and being really harsh on it with soap/washclothes/picking/touching face. Well these new products and being gentle have really helped my skin find its balance.

But now where they have fixed one problem, they've created another. My face is discolored by the products. I have naturally extremely pale/white skin but my face is now tanned where I used the products, so it sorta looks like I've been in the sun all day wearing sunglasses or could be mistaken for a fake tan! I've even had a few people pick up on it that's how i noticed.

My skin isn't perfect but I'm okay with that, I just wanted healthier skin not perfect. What I want to do is just use enough product to maintain its condition, while losing the dark skin side effect. I was thinking about applying a .5-1 pump of moisturizer in the morning, and at night apply about 1 pump of the benzoyl peroxide and 2 pumps of moisturizer. Would that be okay?

DAY 1 http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

DAY 14

post-174538-0-98458900-1334276929_thumb. post-174538-0-31431200-1334277250_thumb.

post-174538-0-85494400-1334276580_thumb.

post-174538-0-85494400-1334276580_thumb.

post-174538-0-98458900-1334276929_thumb.

post-174538-0-31431200-1334277250_thumb.

Edited by N9er

Hey N9er.. The discoloration will fade over time.. .I'm 3 months in on DKR and now is that my complexion is returning to "normal"... Keep at it and don't worry too much... Keep us up to date on your progress...

I too have a diiferent skin tone now, and I'm worried it might be permanent. I'm on my 5th week, will it go back to normal? I like my pale skin :(

in my case it actually improved my skin tone after a few months of steady use.. so i think just keep using it and make sure your using sunscreen also.