Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondegirl21

Does anyone use "MAKEUP FOR EVER"

I was reading about it and its supposed to be waterproof and sweat proof and all that good stuff. Its pricey so I wanted to get opinions from users spicifically about if it causes breakouts or not, Ive already checked Makeup Alley and but like I said, Im worried about breakouts, thanks for any help! smile.gif Oh here are the ingreadients in the foundation-

Ingredients:

Soft Beige 1 : Water, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Hrmm...some of the ingredients in that stuff I don't even recognize, so I would say just based on that that you shouldn't put it on your face.

Also, one of the ingredients, Sorbitan Sesquinoleate, according to one site I looked at, is very comedogenic and irritating to the skin. It's an alcohol sugar derivative and most likely is drying and will send your pores into a tizzy.

There are brands of mineral makeup that are water/sweatproof that have maybe 4 to 5 ingredients, all safe for your skin, and are not pricey. You can also sample them for a minimal price to determine if they're for you.

Here's one: Alpha Skin Care

Great coverage, you only need a small amount, reasonable price, and if you go swimming or sweat and blot your face with a towel, makeup is still on.

I realize from my posts here I recommend mineral makeup over everything else, but believe me, from experience, I had nothing but trouble skinwise when I used stuff with all those big, long words in the ingredient list. The more ingredients, the more in there that could set off a breakout. To me, it's just not worth it, especially when there are so many mineral companies established and emerging (one that is looking promising is Glymagic Minerals--seems to have great staying power even in the heat and the prices are fantastic).

I'd avoid this "Makeup for Ever" stuff if you have acne-prone skin. It might stay for EVER, but it might also give you some zits that stay forever (or it'll at least seem like it), too.

Hope that helps.

~Kat

Hrmm...some of the ingredients in that stuff I don't even recognize, so I would say just based on that that you shouldn't put it on your face.

Also, one of the ingredients, Sorbitan Sesquinoleate, according to one site I looked at, is very comedogenic and irritating to the skin. It's an alcohol sugar derivative and most likely is drying and will send your pores into a tizzy.

There are brands of mineral makeup that are water/sweatproof that have maybe 4 to 5 ingredients, all safe for your skin, and are not pricey. You can also sample them for a minimal price to determine if they're for you.

Here's one: Alpha Skin Care

Great coverage, you only need a small amount, reasonable price, and if you go swimming or sweat and blot your face with a towel, makeup is still on.

I realize from my posts here I recommend mineral makeup over everything else, but believe me, from experience, I had nothing but trouble skinwise when I used stuff with all those big, long words in the ingredient list. The more ingredients, the more in there that could set off a breakout. To me, it's just not worth it, especially when there are so many mineral companies established and emerging (one that is looking promising is Glymagic Minerals--seems to have great staying power even in the heat and the prices are fantastic).

I'd avoid this "Makeup for Ever" stuff if you have acne-prone skin. It might stay for EVER, but it might also give you some zits that stay forever (or it'll at least seem like it), too.

Hope that helps.

~Kat

Thanks Kat! I had no idea that there was a sweatproof mineral makeup. I used to use Mineral makeup back when I was on accutane and had no oil on my face, but since i went off, all my oil came back and the minerals just look cakey and streak down my face when I sweat, and even if I dont sweat my skin is SO oily that I can just run a finger down my cheek and all the makeup comes off. So which mineral makeup is better, the first link you gave me or the second? Thanks alot for your help!

Here's one:  Alpha Skin Care

Hope that helps.

~Kat

Hi Blondegirl:

Alpha Skin Care might be better if you have oily skin because the coverage is good and it stays in place, so I don't think it would slide off very easily if you have the oilies. Although I've also heard of people who have very oily skin using Glymagic as well and it keeping down the oil production and staying put throughout the day.

Samples are pretty cheap for both companies, so you might want to try both. For Alpha, the type of foundation you get depends on what type of coverage you want. If you have oily skin and need a bit more coverage, get the Foundation/Concealer. The Foundation/Powder is a lighter version of the foundation for people who didn't need as much coverage as they got with the original Foundation/Concealer version.

Also, many of the mineral makeup companies out there make terrific primers and setting powders with specific mineral ingredients that will keep down your oil production. For example, Monave Mineral Cosmetics makes a setting powder called Serecite that is great for keeping the oil slick away. Cory Cosmetics makes primer powders and finishing powders that have kaolin clay and rice powder that will also keep your skin matte much much longer than just foundation alone. I use Cory's Finishing Powder and not only does it airbrush the surface of your skin, but my makeup stays longer and I never have a problem with breakthrough shine or oilies.

You can also go to Delphi Forums and search for the Mineral Makeup Mania forum. Lots of helpful ladies there with tons of posts on what foundations help with oilies, what ingredients have been problematic for some people, reviews on new products, and there's a folder where people sell samples and full sizes of all kinds of mineral foundations. If you'd like to go check it out, you'll probably see me on there, going by "Kat." Lots of good information on there that might help you rediscover mineral makeup and make it work for you.

Hope that helps!!

~Kat

Hi Blondegirl:

Alpha Skin Care might be better if you have oily skin because the coverage is good and it stays in place, so I don't think it would slide off very easily if you have the oilies. Although I've also heard of people who have very oily skin using Glymagic as well and it keeping down the oil production and staying put throughout the day.

Samples are pretty cheap for both companies, so you might want to try both. For Alpha, the type of foundation you get depends on what type of coverage you want. If you have oily skin and need a bit more coverage, get the Foundation/Concealer. The Foundation/Powder is a lighter version of the foundation for people who didn't need as much coverage as they got with the original Foundation/Concealer version.

Also, many of the mineral makeup companies out there make terrific primers and setting powders with specific mineral ingredients that will keep down your oil production. For example, Monave Mineral Cosmetics makes a setting powder called Serecite that is great for keeping the oil slick away. Cory Cosmetics makes primer powders and finishing powders that have kaolin clay and rice powder that will also keep your skin matte much much longer than just foundation alone. I use Cory's Finishing Powder and not only does it airbrush the surface of your skin, but my makeup stays longer and I never have a problem with breakthrough shine or oilies.

You can also go to Delphi Forums and search for the Mineral Makeup Mania forum. Lots of helpful ladies there with tons of posts on what foundations help with oilies, what ingredients have been problematic for some people, reviews on new products, and there's a folder where people sell samples and full sizes of all kinds of mineral foundations. If you'd like to go check it out, you'll probably see me on there, going by "Kat." Lots of good information on there that might help you rediscover mineral makeup and make it work for you.

Hope that helps!!

~Kat

Hi Blondegirl:

Hope that helps!!

~Kat

Hey I've been using Make Up Forever for about a month now and it's not bad! It doesn't cause break outs at all. In fact, the person I talked to at Sephora said that Make up forever is the company that supplies make up for Cirque du Soliel, and that they were chosen because thier make up is made for very sensitive skin in harsh circumstances (ie. performers under hot bright lights), also the foundation is very dense with pigment, meaning that it covers very well...

Drawback for me is that I have very pale skin and even their lightest shade is almost too dark for me. Pretty good stuff though! I recommend it, and don't worry about it causing break outs!