Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Even miley cyrus knows gluten sucks. Has anyone else noticed a super increase in the amount of gluten allergies around lately? Even in restaurants and stuff they are now carrying gluten free breads. I think eventually food scientists will figure out that gluten sucks.

I like gluten (and wheat, dairy ETC.), don't care much about it. Just eat what I like, love vegetables and non-processed foods most anyway. If you felt and looked great regardless of it, would you hate gluten etc.?

Well that's a silly question. People don't feel and look great regardless. They may think they do, and some might look and feel better than others, sure. But they don't have a clue as to how they might look and feel after a year, two, three years clean off the stuff.

Sure, if gluten was broccoli, I wouldn't hate it, lol. But it's not; it's gluten.

I like gluten (and wheat, dairy ETC.), don't care much about it. Just eat what I like, love vegetables and non-processed foods most anyway. If you felt and looked great regardless of it, would you hate gluten etc.?

I'd be down to have properly made bread down the line if it ever crossed my path, but it'd be a treat, never a staple. The more I learn about gluten, the more it is clear that it is unhealthy, period. Wheat in particular has so many issues with it - the gluten opiate peptides, wreaking havoc on the gut, inhibiting mineral absorption as well as chelating it, and the implications in mental disease. These things aren't as big of issues in a healthy person that isn't intolerant, but I doubt you could find an average american that wasn't filled with stores of inflammatory omega 6s, etc.

You have to get used to the fact that most things can be unhealthy. The world is not just happy healthy times all day. If your body can't process a little bit of gluten here and there and stay healthy I can't help it, do what you think is best for your bodies.

I'm not THAT sure if gluten is crap... I know, that it is problematic for the body, and that it shouldn't be a staple (some seitan, anybody? isn't it a proper name for this delicacy? wink.png ) but it is a protein, and your body ideally should simply make use of it. Wheat has been in human diet for thousands (maybe without a plural suffix, I am not sure of how long exactly, but a thousand years for sure) and if it was obviously destroying their health, they would have notice. The problem is that our bodies are overwhelmed with other environmental toxins on which we have no influence (car fumes, toxins with which fabrics are being treated, etc...) that we need to make it easier for it when it comes to our diet (and some people still decide to give up on foods, rather than to give up on plastic, teflon, synthetic hair dyes and toothpastes...). But when what you put into your body starts to be a bigger problem, than what you don't put into it (vitamins, macro- and microelements, other nutrients) then it means it is not a healthy body. You have a really complex digestive track that should cope with gluten, lactose, casein, whey etc... If it doesn't, well...

I don't advocate eating commercial, highly processed foods, because they are crap. I also understand the risks of eating genetically modified, cross-bred to death, etc. foods. I know modern wheat is crap, but eating pastured animals' milk or grains such as spelt, barley and rye in a traditional forms should not constitute a problem. And it once didn't, that's why it is so popular nowadays, despite being so popularly problematic.

EDIT: Or 'overwhelmed' with a lack of proper physical activity, sun and fresh air, etc. It all comes down to Alternativista's threads, I don't even know why do I strain myself elaborating on that ;)

Edited by annayake

Wheat has been in human diet for thousands (maybe without a plural suffix, I am not sure of how long exactly, but a thousand years for sure) and if it was obviously destroying their health, they would have notice.

People always make this argument, and don't seem to realize that for thousands of years people also died when they were like 30 years old... Lifespan has only increased to what it was in more modern times, when we've developed medications and technologies that help people fight against the damage they've done to themselves (or damage done by life in general) and live longer.

But something in our diet for long periods is really no indicator of how healthy it is. It isn't like humans have ever really known what they are doing.

Wheat has been in human diet for thousands (maybe without a plural suffix, I am not sure of how long exactly, but a thousand years for sure) and if it was obviously destroying their health, they would have notice.

People always make this argument, and don't seem to realize that for thousands of years people also died when they were like 30 years old... Lifespan has only increased to what it was in more modern times, when we've developed medications and technologies that help people fight against the damage they've done to themselves (or damage done by life in general) and live longer.

But something in our diet for long periods is really no indicator of how healthy it is. It isn't like humans have ever really known what they are doing.

So I just came across a video by this doctor who is all about the ayurvedic diet, etc. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but in the beginning he mentions that back in the day people didn't eat wheat all year round because it could only be grown/harvested during one season & was only eaten during winter. Whereas, nowadays it is produced at all times & our bodies were not meant to eat it so consistently. He also talked about the fact that the wheat in our world today is different than what it used to be because there have been so many hybrids/etc produced. He says the main issue with why people are having problems with gluten is because the breads/etc that the majority of people eat are beyond overly processed. And I guess, if we ate sprouted bread like Ezekiel bread our bodies wouldn't have such a difficult time digesting it. That was like, only the first 10 minutes, there's another 50 following, lol!

You can watch the video for free, you don't have to sign up for anything. Just click Play Video.

http://www.gaiamtv.com/video/truth-about-gluten-and-dairy-dr-john-douillard-dc