Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madmods

Can moisturizer be applied before benzoyl peroxide

Hello everyone I was wondering if someone might know the answer to this. I've been on the regimen for about 2 weeks and my skin has gotten somewhat better but, like everyone else with sensitivity to BP during the first several weeks my lower half of my face has been slightly red with some stinging and flakiness. which do I choose zits or half lobster face?

Ususally I apply the moisturizer after the BP exactly as Dan's regimen. But this morning after gently washing my face I decided to apply the moisturizer first since it really soothes the redness and dryness of my skin. I didn't apply the BP afterwards because it felt so much better without making my face feel so dry and tight. The question I guess I'm trying to ask is, if I apply the BP after allowing my skin to fully aborb the moisturizer (10-15 minutes later) will the BP not be absorbed by the skin as well and just be ineffective? Does anyone else do this to help their dryness of the skin?

I guess I could just skip BP applictaion in the morning and just spot treat the areas that need help. From what other people say it seems that moisturizer is the key for helping your skin in healing and recovering from the irratating effects of BP.

Thanks for reading!

mike