How Long Did It Tak...

Notifications
Clear all

How Long Did It Take You Guys To Clear Up On The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@strikeatdawn)

Posted : 04/09/2012 11:11 pm

Tomorrow will be the 4 week mark for me on my first time trying the Regimen. I've seen a little improvement, but definitely not as much as I'd hoped to by this point :(

For those of you who've had success with the Regiment, how long did it take before you saw a significant difference? Before you completely cleared up?

MemberMember
(@icanhasclearskinplz)

Posted : 04/10/2012 7:45 pm

I'm new to the regimen myself and I think patience is probably a big part of it as much as anything else. Plus everyone is different, it could take 4 weeks for one person and 4 months for another. Just keep at it, you never know what result you could see next week :)

MemberMember
(@weeweewee)

Posted : 04/10/2012 9:17 pm

Took me 4 months to get all clear... the time actually goes by relatively fast, even though it seems like such a long time. The hardest part for me was between month 1 and month 2, which is probably what your at. That's when i thought of quitting it, but now I'm sure glad i didn't!

Try and stick it out! It is sooooooo worth it!!! I mean, i still have red marks, but they get a little lighter every day... can't ask for much more.

MemberMember
(@outtolunch12)

Posted : 04/10/2012 10:09 pm

In the beginning? approx 6 months to be totally acne-free, and 6 more to be red-mark and scar free.

I still had blackheads (but minimal) and slight pore-scarring from poping zits. but those healed over fairly quickly.

Unfortunately i've been having issues with my diet/regimen so i'm all broken out and scarred up again. despite still doing the DKR. but its beginning to clear up again. And i know the marks will go away eventually.

MemberMember
(@adyzz)

Posted : 04/12/2012 6:54 pm

I'm about to start week 4 and no improvement either! Actually it has gotten worst! Is this what needs to happen before we clear up????? :(

MemberMember
(@macqwerty)

Posted : 04/12/2012 7:25 pm

Everyones different I'm on day 5, my skin has cleared up dramatically.

But just give it some time, it will work, I'm sure :)

MemberMember
(@pulz)

Posted : 04/13/2012 1:30 am

It took me like 3 or 4 months to be clear of acne.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/13/2012 8:59 am

On month three and started seeing significant improvement after week 8... Keep at it and don't get discouraged, it does get better... :)

MemberMember
(@xbeautyxxkillzx)

Posted : 04/13/2012 9:02 pm

Greetings!

I felt compelled to comment on this topic since my experience with the regimen has been overall positive thus far. After going off birth control pills about a year ago, my skin went totally out of control. I had always struggled with mild to moderate acne since I was 13, but it wasn't terribly persistent and it didn't bother me to the point of locking myself in the house. While on birth control, my skin was pretty awesome. It didn't totally solve the problem but it kept things damn near totally under control. My acne became progressively worse after stopping the BC and by August of last year, I began avoiding life itself because my acne had totally changed the once very positive perception I had of myself. It was awful to say the least. In October I made a visit to the dermatologist and she prescribed me doxycycline. I was extremely hesitant about taking it after doing extensive research online, but I finally caved that next month and began taking it at the end of November. By the middle of January, I could def see some improvement. It had totally cleared up the acne and blackheads I was getting on my chin and jawline areas. My cheeks however were still breaking out looking red, irritated, with several new spots popping up every day. I had been reading about the regimen and stalking the acne.org message boards for quite some time before I finally decided to order Dan's regimen kit and give it a go. My hesitation related to the regimen was due to all of the posts I had read about the horrible, uncomfortable, and worse before it gets better adjustment period when first starting out with the BP. By the end of January 2012, I received the kit and began using the regimen. Now to answer your question, I am very happy to say that the regimen cleared me up almost instantly. I had several spots on my cheeks the first night I applied the BP, and by the next morning they were completely gone. It was like a bomb went off. My cheeks and eyelids were swollen and red the next morning which kind of freaked me out, but I knew that a side effect such as this was normal. From there, my skin became EXTREMELY dry.. it was ridiculous. Doing simple things such as opening my mouth to eat and even to speak was hell on earth. I hated every moment of my first month on the regimen, except for the fact that pimples ceased emerging after the first application. The dryness made me think on several occasions that having pimples wasn't nearly as bad as the severe discomfort I was experiencing. But.. I persevered. After a month and a half on the regimen, the dryness finally began to improve. From there.. it's very slowly gotten better and better. It is still dry as I sit here typing this, but not extreme by any means. My one saving grace and extra step I added to the regimen to help remedy the dryness is Jojoba oil. Every morning and every night before I apply BP I put a thin layer of the oil all over my face (except for my forehead because I am blessed not to break out there, instead I use Dan's AHA to simply moisturize). I leave it on, apply the BP over it, let that soak in, and use a little bit of Dan's moisturizer. As it stands, I have been on the regimen for about 2 1/2 months. I still get small white heads on my chin and around my mouth, especially before and during that wonderful time of the month, but my skin is looking a million times better than it did back in the fall of 2011. If someone would have told me back in August that by February I would no longer have to sit in front of the mirror for 5 hours applying foundation, and that I could go out in public on a daily basis without an ounce of face makeup, I would have told them they were out of their damn mind. My only complaint with the regimen thus far is the every 10-12 hour application rule. This has been tough, and very often I find myself having to plan my day around my regimen applications. When you're in your early 20's and have to work/go to school early in the morning, and then want to stay out late with friends or whatever that will easily take you past the 10-12 hour range. I guess you can't have everything.. at least my skin is under control and I don't feel like crying all the time. For that I am grateful. Sorry for the rant, but I hope that this was helpful to someone struggling with the regimen.

This is Ashley signing off<3

MemberMember
(@mina_606)

Posted : 04/15/2012 1:41 pm

thank you ashley im in week 2 and feel like quitting but i wont know ive read ur post:)

MemberMember
(@lasnoblur)

Posted : 04/22/2012 1:39 am

1 to 3 months.

My acne has been on and off due to some changing of products here and there.

Used to be really bad during the college years.

When i 1st started the regimen, i was excited as it did wonders for many people. Yes, i was glad it helped me alot too. I purchased the cleanser, AHA and BP.

Cleared my face and also my back within 1 to 3 months.

I would say the BP is the one that has been really effective. the cleanser is ok and replacements for it can be gotten easily from over the counters. The AHA is fine, but applying too much can be too greasy for me.

The moment i stopped BP. the acne would come back after sometime. Tried other products to deal with them and they worked fine.

Recently, i tried to go organic. eliminating BP from my routine and acne started coming back again. Now, im going back to Dan's Bp again.

MemberMember
(@acneehater)

Posted : 04/22/2012 3:20 am

im not clear yet, on week 13 but i've started noticing positive impovements on week 12. no more red, ichy or anything. Just have to be patient.

MemberMember
(@typelogin)

Posted : 04/22/2012 7:39 am

I'm on week 4 and have noticed significant results. I started out with severe acne, and now have moderate. Both one of my friends and family members have already commented on my skin. In a few months from now, I can't wait to see the reaction from friends / family who haven't seen me since week one!

Can't stress enough: The Regimen is a lifestyle, not just a 3 step process 2 times a day. I've actually tried cleansing, BP, then moisturizer in the past before, but to no avail. "The Regimen" lifestyle includes: no picking, no worrying how others think about your acne (you're in it for the long hall), staying healthy (blowing the nose can irritate skin), and staying clean (very important and under appreciated IMHO). Staying clean means changing your pillows and sheets on a regular basis. And getting clean sheets at least once a week. The bacteria build up and skin residue from a dirty bed is a tall tale sign of acne to come. Also, it takes some getting used to if you don't already do this, but try sleeping on your back, this way your skin isn't irritated by rubbing up against a pillow at night. And the pores aren't clogged by the pillow.

MemberMember
(@anya043)

Posted : 10/14/2012 7:54 am

hello greeting from ausi!

i was having pimples all over my face since i was 16. it was just one or two in every week and gradually it got developed. now m 22 and since last december i was having a very stress full life with exams and work and all of a sudden my acne got worse and my face was fulled with pimples and black /red markes. : then my aunty recommed me one product called proactive.. and i used it for 3 months and trust me guys proactive ruined my face. i didnt even go out because it make my acne worse and all my friends were asking about my face. because my face was coverd with pimples(with white thing) and red and black marks.

then i went crazy and try to find a good product, so i used different products, even i do not remeber their names. nothing worked for me,then luckyly i found a video about acne org's product, its a review by a girl who sufferd from acne and recoverd... so i watched every single video about acne org and i was really empressed. after i read the acne org website and reviews i was so excited and order this product on very next day... , it was the best decesion i make and within one week i could see the results. but my face was red and dry, even couldnt open my mouth....that dryness were there around three weeks. so i add some jojoba oil and it makes me comfotable.BEST PART iwas within two month my acne went all clear and my friends were amazed. smile.png still i have littele bit of scaring, hope it will fade away with one year(long term), but m so happy about this product..... please dont give up...atleast try it for three months, then u can decide whether its right for u or not.

thank you acne org, you saved my life and now i can show my face without any problem. m a normal girl who do not wear any kind of make on daily basis.so m happy that i got cleared.i will never stop using this product..i hope it will work for u too.good luck!!!

Tomorrow will be the 4 week mark for me on my first time trying the Regimen. I've seen a little improvement, but definitely not as much as I'd hoped to by this point sad.png

For those of you who've had success with the Regiment, how long did it take before you saw a significant difference? Before you completely cleared up?

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 10/23/2012 11:32 pm

I've been on and off the regimen for 10 years. It hasn't made my acne disappear. It's slowed it down somewhat, but hasn't been a cure.

MemberMember
(@robert_nl)

Posted : 10/24/2012 12:38 pm

I've been on and off the regimen for 10 years. It hasn't made my acne disappear. It's slowed it down somewhat, but hasn't been a cure.

The regimen isn't advertised as a cure and it really isn't a cure to acne. It just helps to remove the acne, but it won't completely stop the acne.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 10/24/2012 9:25 pm

The regimen isn't advertised as a cure and it really isn't a cure to acne. It just helps to remove the acne, but it won't completely stop the acne.

Let me rephrase then, it hasn't come close to keeping me acne free, while using it on a regular basis.