Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jalrus

Botchlas problems and overdose of SA

my situation first: had moderate acne for year and a half. Have used tons of products.Started on lorreal sa wash and sa toner. It worked on and off for a couple of months then my acne got alot worse.So i stopped that and went tophisoderm,another awful Sa product. Then i tried the regimen, but its to much for personally,30 minutes in bathroom,feels like make up on face all day.Next was botchlas, for2 monthsi was clear and i thoughtit was a miracle.Soon i started breaking out again. So stopped for a month then went back on cause i didnt know what to do. For another month i was clear then broke out again. Ive came to this conclusion...Salicylic acid isnt evil but using too much can and for me will cause irritation. It is a chemical exfoliant and it does its job but it doesnt directlt kill acne bacteria. It removes a layer of skin which can prevent future breakouts and dryup current pimples but it doesnt kill acne like benzoyl peroxide does.I feel that using sa everyday twice a day flat out irated my skin causing whiteheads,and flesh colored bumps(especially forehead!). Im now usign my own method...its been 1 week and so far no breakouts and healing nicely from last one...

Morning-

wash face with cetaphil

moisture/spot treat if neccesary

Night

C&C continuous control 10%bp wash

euricen renewal moisturizer

*every othernight use blackhead clearing scrub

will be updating frequently

for me, the blackhead SA wash is the only thing that is preventing further breakouts. it smooths out my skin so much after using it in the morning and once at night.

I think the BP is the overdrying ingredient. I am now only using BP once a night instead of two washes every morning and night.

It's helped a lot with dryness overall.

I've been on Botchlas for awhile. SA doesn't dry out my skin too bad. I guess the next thing I try will be reducing the ammount of SA scrub.

Well I would join you guys, but the bumps on my forehead are going down now, so I guess I just needed time with mine. However, I have got two cysts growing under my skin I can feel, damn mad.gif Oh yea and I'm still getting whiteheads around me mouth and blackheads on my nose....maybe I should reduce SA scrub too?

I agree that the c&c blackhead scrub doesnt dry you at all, but dont doubt its harshness. It takesa layer of skin off each wash, thats why twice a day your just taking away layer after layer and i believe this causes breakouts in many people.So try to use it every other or once a day,giving your skin some time to heal, tell me your results so far im going good....

ok i've experimented with both. bp and sa both have the potential to dry. my dryness with bp was sort of red raw irritated skin. things like wind really bothered me. my dryness from sa was flaky itchy skin mostly around the mouth and eyebrows, but no redness. i have never tried them out together like in botchla's although chemically it seems like it would work great. i now use sa and differin. i use the sa wash at least once a day and the differin 4 times a week. and herbal logix to spot treat (also sa, natural version though).

sa is also in some wrinkle cleansers. my sister prefers those because the percentage of sa is lower than that in acne preps. her skin is drier than mine naturally. the kind she uses is the netrogena healthy skin anti wrinkle anti blemish. for me it is slightly greasy.

reducing the amount of times you use the sa a day or week should definitely help. i have been using it for so long that i can wash twice a day no problem if i have a breakout. but it takes a while for your skin to get used to it. Good luck.

I tried B's reg 3 different times and gave it two months, 6 weeks and then 4 weeks on each time...it never worked and my skin just got so aggravated from the SA. I dropped it done to once a day and then everyother day and that helped improve my skin. What really worked was just dumping the SA totally. I've never looked back.