Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have dark eyebrows and really pale skin, so my eyebrows can look a little harsh. Do any of you know how to make dark eyebrows look softer?

I have dark eyebrows and really pale skin, so my eyebrows can look a little harsh. Do any of you know how to make dark eyebrows look softer?

shave them off. eyebrows are overrated.

shave them off. eyebrows are overrated.

Haha thanks, but I am trying to look better not uglier lol

I have a similar problem. At the same time though defined eyebrows are what most people aim for as they frame your face, so I actually dont think it's too much of a bad thing.

You can get them lightened at a salon though, but I imagine you would have to do it regularly and it would be become expensive. I would just try shaping them nicely.

You could try putting a little powder over them. Personally I love having black eyebrows and a pale face, but to each their own.

I have pale skin and dark eyebrows too - and sometimes I think they do look a little too harsh... Some would say defined dark eyebrows can look quite stunning - though I understand what you mean...

Like others have suggested, you could get them lightened at a salon, if that's what you wanted.

Personally though I would say having them kept 'groomed' in a nice shape, that suits your face shape, would be best :)

i think you could try warming up your skin tone with a bronzer. i know dyeing the eyebrows is something people do when they drastically change their hair color. i dun know about you, but that seems scary, and a little extreme.

i think you could try warming up your skin tone with a bronzer. i know dyeing the eyebrows is something people do when they drastically change their hair color. i dun know about you, but that seems scary, and a little extreme.

I never changed my eyebrow color when I went platinum blonde, lol. I would look albino. I have really unruly/patchy eyebrows, so I fill them. What I've recently started doing is filling them like usual, and then using a dark blonde eyebrow gel. It seems to lighten my eyebrows, but not too extreme to the point of me looking like an albino. Because I'm pale, have bleach blonde hair, and darker eyebrows.

I too have dark (and thick) eyebrows and very light skin. I find that getting them waxed or threaded (and shaped) makes a huge difference just because they're thinner so they don't look as prominent.

I love dark eyebrows! I'm a bit of an eyebrow freak, I'm constantly grooming my own in the quest of eyebrow perfection lol I love defined brows!

dita-von-teese-1lg.jpg

Fabulous-Bun-Camille-Belle-Hairstyle.jpg

cos-megan-fox2-1009-mdn.jpg

katy-perry-dec-2010-gi.jpg

Thanks for your responses guys - I think you're right I need to sort the shape out. Also I've been studying women with dark 'brows and pale skin and I think that the redness in my skin is probably what makes me think the dark eyebrow look harsh on me. If that makes sense lol.

Apart from using foundation, I can mask the redness a bit using sudocrem but am on the hunt for a moisturiser that will do the job - I've head Eucerin Redness Relief is supposed to be good. Any recommendations?

There are a few anti-redness moisturiers on the market but I can't recommend and as I've never used any.

I can recommend mineral powder foundation for toning down redness though smile.png I use the Inika range, it's undectable on the skin and is great for creating an even skin tone smile.png

Edited by English_Rose

Bold eyebrows are amazing! What you're describing is enviable. Almost every beauty guru I've watched on Youtube darkens and thickens their eyebrows with some kind of liner or shadow. It's definitely a trend.

If it really bothers you though, perhaps you should consider dying them a lighter shade or getting them professionally shaped? Make sure you go somewhere highly reputable, of course. I went to cheap salon once to get my eyebrows waxed and had to spend the following two months growing them out - they were freakishly thin.

Oh I'm so jealous of thick, dark brows!! If you feel like your brows are too harsh, just keep them well groomed and use one shade lighter than your natural shade to fill in/define your brows.