Notifications
Clear all

My Person Acne Experience With Doxycycline (100Mg), Clindaymycin Phosphate, And Tretinoin Cream.

MemberMember
(@attekari)

Posted : 04/09/2012 2:00 pm

Hello, I'm 14/male and I have moderate to severe acne. I've had it for about two years. I went to a dermatologist and they prescribed me Doxycycline capsules of 100MG, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution, USP Pledget 1%, and Tretinoin Cream. I took the Doxycycline for about a week and felt extremely depressed. In the middle of the night, I realized I forgot to take the Doxycycline, so I got up and took it, then lied down for bed. BIG MISTAKE. Never, ever, ever take Doxycycline and then lie down right after. I got acid erosion in my esophagus and esophagitus. It was extremely painful to swallow, eat, drink, even yawn. I went back to the dermatologist and she told me to stop taking the pill but to keep using the cream and pledgets. My skin has not changed at all. It started to get better after I took the Doxycycline, but now it's just back to the disgusting red mess it used to be. The cream gave me extremely dry skin so I have to use a lot of lotion, and the pads are fine.

This is my daily routine for clearing acne:

Morning:

Awaken, take a shower, wash my face with dove soap, dry face, then apply Clindamycin Phosphate pledget. Apply lotion.

MemberMember
(@nameuser)

Posted : 04/10/2012 6:40 am

Hello, I'm 14/male and I have moderate to severe acne. I've had it for about two years. I went to a dermatologist and they prescribed me Doxycycline capsules of 100MG, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution, USP Pledget 1%, and Tretinoin Cream. I took the Doxycycline for about a week and felt extremely depressed. In the middle of the night, I realized I forgot to take the Doxycycline, so I got up and took it, then lied down for bed. BIG MISTAKE. Never, ever, ever take Doxycycline and then lie down right after. I got acid erosion in my esophagus and esophagitus. It was extremely painful to swallow, eat, drink, even yawn. I went back to the dermatologist and she told me to stop taking the pill but to keep using the cream and pledgets. My skin has not changed at all. It started to get better after I took the Doxycycline, but now it's just back to the disgusting red mess it used to be. The cream gave me extremely dry skin so I have to use a lot of lotion, and the pads are fine. This is my daily routine for clearing acne: Morning: Awaken, take a shower, wash my face with dove soap, dry face, then apply Clindamycin Phosphate pledget. Apply lotion.

I suggest you find something else to clean your face.I think soap isn't the best solution still there is medical cosmetics for these problems.In addition,remember to wait at least half an hour after you washed your face and then put tretinoin.It is very important otherwise it will not be effective, also do not combine tretinoin with benzoyl peroxide cause they inactivate each other!Use pea size amount tretinoin. The golden rule here is LESS IS MORE.Always use a clean cloth and do not rub.I took doxycycline three months and a half and i think it's helpful in controlling inflammation, but this is not a cure for acne. Tretinoin, good hygiene and takingvitamins is the key!And another thing,when you take doxycycline do not drink milk at least two hours before or after, do not take zinc,magnesium and iron,because it will not be as effective as it should be!!! AND PATIENCE OF COURSE!!!GOOD LUCK smile.png

MemberMember
(@attekari)

Posted : 04/12/2012 6:52 am

Thank you for your advice! :)

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 04/01/2013 4:07 pm

Are you getting any results with Doxycycline? I've been thinking of trying it