Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karla_S

i have such oily skin

Hi all,

I hope you can help, i suffer from mild acne and have just been put on minocin by my doc, the main problem is i have really oily skin but if i dont use a moisturiser then it gets even more oily. Does anyone know of a good moisturiser that wont leave me as oily. i have tried so many and im getting married in a few months and im dreading how my makeup is just going to rund down my face after 2 hours or so because of the oilyness. HELP

Hi all,

I hope you can help, i suffer from mild acne and have just been put on minocin by my doc, the main problem is i have really oily skin but if i dont use a moisturiser then it gets even more oily. Does anyone know of a good moisturiser that wont leave me as oily. i have tried so many and im getting married in a few months and im dreading how my makeup is just going to rund down my face after 2 hours or so because of the oilyness. HELP

See how Aloe works with your skin type. I use "Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera" - clear gel bottle. I pat a little Oil of Olay ontop of that if Im especially dry...but honestly, I wouldnt need it if I could wait 30 minutes for my oils to regenerate after washing my face. Aloe does a very good job of LOCKING in moisture...not necessarily producing it quickly which leads to oily looking skin.

Try it out...I love it and my wife does too. We just got married 2 months ago...see the link in my signature for some pictues of it. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poboy: Wow, what an improvement. I'm so glad that you found something that works for you. You have such a beautiful wife. What an inspiration. I'm stressing out because I am planning a wedding and I haven't been able to get my acne under control. Hopefully I'll have as much success as you!

Tracy: Which of those 3 oils do you like the best? I have exceptionally oily skin and I'm fed up! Thanks

June: Do you have oily skin? If so, does it help to regulate the oil production? What is your current regimen? Sorry about all the probing!

Hi all, Thanks so much for the advice and sorry for the long reply but i havnt been able to get in for a while it wouldnt let me but thank you again and ill keep you posted. One other thing the dr told me to try using a glycerin soap and i thought there is no way it will work as soap used to irritate my acne but I bought some pears to try it anyway and my skin feels great and touch wood i havnt had another break out. Its only been 5 days but it feels so much better.

Guest Tracy
Tracy: Which of those 3 oils do you like the best? I have exceptionally oily skin and I'm fed up! Thanks

"Well, I'm "older".....(40) so I like the emu oil best. With the Dr. Hauschka coming in second. But if you're young and still breaking out....I'd start out with the jojoba oil."

Ha! 40 is nothing, you're silly.

I'm 26, and have had acne since about 22. I'm probably going to start Mandelic this week. Since I'm still breaking out I'll take your advice and start off with jojoba oil. I hope this helps!

Thanks

I have really oily skin too. The best product for moisturizer for me is Nucelle's Moisture Shine-Control. I leaves my skin very smooth but not shiny at all. You can get it at Skincarerx.com. They also sell some good sunscreens for acne prone skin. Mino can make you more sun sensitive. I hope you find a product you like. smile.gif

There is so much to learn! I've been scouring this bored for less than a month and have received more info about the skin and acne than I have in the last 4 years! Thanks all.

I also like Dr. Hauschka's Normalizing Day Oil. I put that on my face (very little bit) right after my toner and then I put on my make-up. My nose is the place where I get the most oil and shine, so after my make-up I put Clinac O.C. oil control gel right on my nose. The combination of the normalizing day oil and the clinac is amazing. I'm not shiny or oily at all throughout the day. I've tried so many things, and this seems to be the winner!