Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2ShyGuy2

4th month accutane update

Hey all, its been a while since i posted (month or 2), so i thought i would update my accutane experience.

Let me just say, that it definitely is a life changer. Im turning 21 tomorrow (Whoohoo), and I now have the confidence to go out and do shit. Before (last year) I would sulk around my apartment, depressed, not wanting to do ANYTHING. There were times when i would miss class and not go out for days at a time. It was VERY unhealthy, and believ me i hated doing it.

Well, I just finished my third month fully of the 'Tane. my face is as clear as it has been in a LONG TIME! I had one pimple come up 3 days ago, but it is already going away. So, as of now i have 0 active pimples. the only thing on my face are the blasted red marks, but even they arent too bad, and i can live with those till they go away.

I'm only on my 4th month and am doing very well, plus i still have 2 more months, and if needed, i can take a 7th month becuase ive only been taking 40 mg the whole time. BTW im 6'2 160lb.

I hope this helps some people make a decision as to whether or not they want to go on accutane. My reccommendation? ABSOFUKINLUTELY. I dont know how scared i was from people on this board (and others too) talking about how accutane will mess you up. Well, i dont want to say thats not true, but for me, it was the best thing ive ever done for my face.

2SG

Congrats, some people have been focussing too much on the negative effects of accutane that we forget that it has done great deals for people in getting rid of their acne. Good to here positive sounds like these ones in a while

Yes, you should be able to. You will need to go to the derm to set it all up. If they suggest tetracycline or minocycline, tell them you really want accutane. If you have to, say youve had acne for like 5-8 years (even if you havent). I really did have acne for almost 9 years before i went, so when i did i just told them.

2SG

How have yor side effects been? Were they bad the first month ie: dry lips and face? And did you have an initial breakout with a low dose?

I took it with mild acne, and I didn't have an initial breakout and the side effects I'm experiencing are dry lips & redness after showering, but that's about it + I'm almost clear ( picture )