Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I'm 24 I've had severe scaring on my left temple area for 6 years and I would like to make it better.I would categorize the scars to be of the boxcar variety?Anyways,my only treatment to date has been get this....2 microdermabrasions.Yup the doc lied to me and said the microdermabrasions would completely get rid of the scars.Well i was naive wasn't I?Well I wan' t to be more careful and more intellegent in making decisions regarding dermatologic surgery and that's why I pose this question,Is Dr. Rapaport a good derm?Has anyone who's seen him had any inclination that he is full of S**t?What's the scoop on him?

I went to Dr. Rapaport for subcision, n-lite and spot tca peel. Overall results were a 5 - 10% improvement. He was a good doc, answered all my questions and showed me lots of before and after pics, and I was comfortable with him but he is very pricey. For the minute improvement I could not justify the cost.

scarred4life-was that a tca peel as in tca cross or is that something different

thanks for the imput "oldguy"

I guess for me it would be a major let down if i spent thousands of dollars only to get minimal improvement.I'm not going to bury my head in the sand if I don't get 100% improvement but I would be happy just to get 70-80%

I got about 70% improvement with Restylane alone. My temples have fairly shallow rolling scars, and unfortunately didn't improve all that much. However, the rolling scars on my cheeks have major improvement. For boxcars (with well defined borders) on the temple I would suggest you try TCA Cross on 1 or 2 scars. This could take up to 6 treatments and much patience, but you already have that by default, like we all do/must.

"oldguy"-sorry i got messed up on my scar characterization.The doc I saw in Lousiana said I had saucer type scars in the temple region.In your opinion are those types of scars treatable with the TCA cross method?

Some say they are but I am not convinced. By the way you, and others, should mention to your docs that acne scars are generally categorized in 3 ways. Good luck tactfully mentioning that to them, though. wink.gif

Hello everyone,

I have been to doctor Rapaport in New York to get an ice pick scar on my nose treated, with TCA cross. He was very well spoken and educated. He explained the advantages and the disadvantages to this procedure. Being East Indian I have brown skin and so he told me about the possibility of hyper pigmentation.

So far, I have been to him three times and the ice pick scar has definitely improved. I am very happy with the results and am looking forward to seeing him again for my last treatment.

He is expensive but, his knowledge in performing the cross method is exceptional.

I will highly recommend his as a doctor.

hakina congrats on your improovement. it would be great to see some pics, specially because i have your skin color, a light brown yellowish color

I went to him for nlite subcision and I really didnt see an improvement. I have heard you have to do it multiple times to really see an improvement. He is very expensive but is very helpful and answered all my questions.

If I lived close by I would probably try subcision again but not the nlite.

I'm just going to see him for TCA Cross and subscision.Thanks to you guys i'm not even going think about Nlite.It will be interesting to see if pushes hard for it knowing that a lot of people here have had no success with it.