Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys, I'm kinda new here, been reading posts, but I haven't posted before. So.. Hi! I have a pretty severe acne problem and I'm currently on Accutane 40mg/day - (first month). But I have another problem.. eczema on MY FAce!! It's driving me crazy. I'm using sigmacort on my face right now to treat the eczema. But won't the ointment clog my pores? I'm trying to reduce my usage of the sigmacort, and replace it with a face moistrurizer, but it kinda 'burns' my face. Comments anyone?

hey cliff- you might want to try protopic or elidel creams instead of cortisone based ones, but honestly theres not too much you can do for it while on accutane, the tane makes it so much worse, an it will probably go away once you complete your course.. just use a good moisturizer

Hey ! dont worr..how old are you ? acne if not curable is preventable..it'll go away..there are lots of others like you who suffer from it..i can understand how difficult it must be for you with both acne,eczema and accutane.But once youre off accutane and your acnes gone itll get easy for you to treat eczema.I dunno if cortisones are steroids?if they are then dont use them on the face-they thin your skin and can cause acne.the prb goes away only to return..drink lots of water and watch your diet.Goodluck.

I'm 19.. i hope ur right starbust... well i know youre right.. its just a matter of time.. i just hope that the time will come soon. and yes, cortisone is probably a steroid.. I stopped it for a week, i hope to see some improvements.