Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnchlebeck

Anyone tried a chemical peel on their back?

Hi. I have some resistant acne on my back as well as widespread but superficial scarring and pigmentation issues. I just started thinking about this yesterday. I've been so worried about my face lately, but this problem may be easier to fix while I'm saving money for the more difficult stuff. Any ideas or experiences?

Howdy, what works for me is using oxy wash, but I leave it on. I also use a sunless tanner, and that helps even out the skin on my ghostly white back. Sorry if this is repetitive - I have posted this info a few times before.

I tried using a 12% tca on my chest and it worked great. It actually peeled a lot more than my face. It took a while for it to start the peeling process but when it did, it lasted for about a week. It's all done now and the skin tone looks a lot more even and smoother. I don't have any scarring on my chest so I can't say if it'll work on that...it has helped with my hyperpigmentation though.

Can you do this peel on your back at home or do you have to go to a derm to get it done? I also have hyperpigmentation all over my back and am considering so many options, I don't want to have to do microdermabrasion because I'm not sure it really works. How much does a tca peel cost. Any info on these peels would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.