Notifications
Clear all

Treat Acne From Within Or You Risk Making Things Worse.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 04/06/2012 5:06 am

Hi

Had acne for 5 years and now how things under control. All my skin care regime is using this cleanser once a day purechimp super-cleanser. I moisturise with this purechimp super face cream Less is more. Chemically harsh products often make things worse, which gets us into a vicious circle of continuously changing products. Keep it simple and stick to your regime. Give your skin a break.

Acne is a hormonal thing and what you eat affects your hormones. Also what you do (too much stress) can also play havoc with your hormones. Unfortunately us acne prone people are more sensitive to changes in our hormones.

Treat your skin from within. Cut out ALL Dairy, High GI foods, Sugary Foods that are high gi (sweets, cake etc), Cut down on Caffeine.

Things to eat & drink:

Drink around 2l water day

CarbNuts & seeds.

Pretty much all vegetables and fruit. There are a couple high GI ones if you want to be really strict and cut them out.

All herbs & spices.

Like to cook with olive oil.

Vitamins you may like to include:

A daily multivitamin

Fish oil or cod liver oil

Things to cut down stress (pick and choose):

Bike rides/walks/Jogs

Exercise at least 3 times a week in some way

Some form of meditation daily would be helpful, stare at that bloody candle or something

Take time everyday to do something your enjoy

Everyone is different and may need to slightly tweak things. Once you get clear you may also be able to add some foods back in. But try not to over indulge in bad foods. I still have a take away now and then but when I do, I just try to avoid DAIRY. Personally believe dairy is the number one food to avoid.

I also recommend you using Witch Concealer Spot Stick. Can be used by men & women. Gives you a confidence & you're not smothering your face with make up that would probably break you out.

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 04/06/2012 11:13 am

It's not healthy to cook with olive oil because olive oil has a low boiling point so when you cook it, it becomes toxic and acts as a toxin in your body. I also don't agree with a lot of things you have stated as being healthy..like wholewheat pasta.. I think people get whole grains and whole wheat confused. They read "whole" and think it's healthy, when WHEAT is the very common allergin..it's GRAIN that they are suppost to see at the end. Because whole grains are what have the health benefit.

A lot of people are allergic to soy. But this could be a good diet for avoiding high GI foods so they won't spike their insulin. And avoiding dairy is a good step. But there are good carbs and there are bad carbs, I think it would be easier to say just avoid refined grains and eat the ones that metabolize slowly in your body (whole grains).

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 04/27/2012 12:00 pm

It's not healthy to cook with olive oil because olive oil has a low boiling point so when you cook it, it becomes toxic and acts as a toxin in your body. I also don't agree with a lot of things you have stated as being healthy..like wholewheat pasta.. I think people get whole grains and whole wheat confused. They read "whole" and think it's healthy, when WHEAT is the very common allergin..it's GRAIN that they are suppost to see at the end. Because whole grains are what have the health benefit.

A lot of people are allergic to soy. But this could be a good diet for avoiding high GI foods so they won't spike their insulin. And avoiding dairy is a good step. But there are good carbs and there are bad carbs, I think it would be easier to say just avoid refined grains and eat the ones that metabolize slowly in your body (whole grains).

The diet is generally a lot healthier than a typical western diet. This is just by chance as it is not meant to be healthy it is an acne free diet. The key to the diet is eating Low GI foods.

Wholewheat pasta is wholegrain......

Of course people can tweak this diet as they wish (due to allergies etc). I tried to generalise for everyone.

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 04/27/2012 1:33 pm

Hi, great post.

I am thinking that my diet is probably somewhat related to my acne, as it does seem the worse I eat, the worse It is.

I am thinking of cutting out all sugary things, but of course it is hard, I have cut out dairy, and I am drinking alot more water, but that again gets hard to maintain.

I take vit C in the moring and evening primrose oil later in the day, I use to take cod liver oil, perhaps I should start taking it again? however I didn't see much of a difference when taking it.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 05/01/2012 4:12 am

Hi, great post.

I am thinking that my diet is probably somewhat related to my acne, as it does seem the worse I eat, the worse It is.

I am thinking of cutting out all sugary things, but of course it is hard, I have cut out dairy, and I am drinking alot more water, but that again gets hard to maintain.

I take vit C in the moring and evening primrose oil later in the day, I use to take cod liver oil, perhaps I should start taking it again? however I didn't see much of a difference when taking it.

Hi Rheks

Yes it would make sense. The more you put into it the more you get out of it. If you cut out all sugar you skin will further improve. It gets a lot easier in the long run, once your body adapts. I no longer crave sweet food and really enjoy 70% dark chocolate lol.

Cod liver oil is gernerally a healthy supplement due to high omega 3. But less is more when it comes to Acne (it is the same with your skin care regime) and you are already taking a couple supplements.

Having acne makes us desperate to fix the problem, which often leads to over complicating things. We see an improvement and then think if I add this product my skin will further improve. Before we know it we are taken 10 supplements and in one week have used 10 different products on our skin. We are then back to square one as our body cant cope with all the changes. Continuity and patience are key when you start seeing improvements.

naomi4 liked
MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 05/02/2012 6:23 am

Hi, great post.

Hi Rheks

Yes it would make sense. The more you put into it the more you get out of it. If you cut out all sugar you skin will further improve. It gets a lot easier in the long run, once your body adapts. I no longer crave sweet food and really enjoy 70% dark chocolate lol.

Cod liver oil is gernerally a healthy supplement due to high omega 3. But less is more when it comes to Acne (it is the same with your skin care regime) and you are already taking a couple supplements.

Having acne makes us desperate to fix the problem, which often leads to over complicating things. We see an improvement and then think if I add this product my skin will further improve. Before we know it we are taken 10 supplements and in one week have used 10 different products on our skin. We are then back to square one as our body cant cope with all the changes. Continuity and patience are key when you start seeing improvements.

Yeah that is a constant problem, adding new things when you think its starting to improve.

I think I will stick to taking vit C and evening primrose oil and see how that goes for a while.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 05/02/2012 7:54 am

Good choice. Hope you see an improvement

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 10/21/2014 5:48 am

Anyone else getting great results with a similar regime?

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 11/04/2014 8:37 am

Crazy im 25 now and if I go of my regime too much I still get bad skin.

It keeps me in good shape....

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 11/11/2014 9:14 pm

What brand of whey are you planning on buying?

MemberMember
(@skwisgaar12)

Posted : 11/12/2014 12:02 am

Hi, great post.

Hi Rheks

No! Don't take out sugar! Eating tons of fruit has totally helped me with my skin, so I definitely try out the raw till 4 lifestyle!

Also, I noticed that drinking a quart of water right when you wake up will help tons

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 11/13/2014 5:49 am

On 11/12/2014 at 11:02 AM, skwisgaar12 said:
On 5/1/2012 at 3:12 PM, naturaldoctor said:
On 4/28/2012 at 12:33 AM, 'Rheks said:

Hi, great post.

Hi Rheks

No! Don't take out sugar! Eating tons of fruit has totally helped me with my skin, so I definitely try out the raw till 4 lifestyle!

Also, I noticed that drinking a quart of water right when you wake up will help tons

Take out refined sugar & all other high gi sugars. Sorry I should have been clearer there.

Sugar in Fruit & other low gi sources is fine (Agave Syrup, Xylitol, Stevia).

Yes but grass fed whey protein is hormone free. This article is referring to regular whey protein that is sourced from cows that will have been fed/injected hormones.

EDIT Unfortunately it doesn't matter what kind of dairy products you consume. The hormones that cause acne are naturally occurring in the pregnant cows that are milked.

MemberMember
(@veganski)

Posted : 11/14/2014 8:07 am

You pointed out all these things but yet forgot to mention gluten which i believe for some people is the real enemy.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 11/18/2014 9:13 am

What brand of whey are you planning on buying?

I purchased pulsin whey protein isolate in the UK. It's plain so making 1 smoothie a day.

On day 4, no breakout so far. But need to give it a good month.

If it doesn't break me out I will start buying organic grass fed cheese as well.

EDIT I started to breakout on day 4/5. I decided to research further and discovered the below.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what kind of dairy products you consume. The hormones that cause acne are naturally occurring in the pregnant cows that are milked.

You pointed out all these things but yet forgot to mention gluten which i believe for some people is the real enemy.

Yes if this regime didn't work someone, removing gluten would be the next step. But personally think it's best to try this way first as it's a lot easier then removing gluten as well. Takes a lot of will power to remove gluten as well (it's in so many foods).

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 11/18/2014 2:48 pm

Damn I gave it a go and started breaking out. Decided to research further and found out the below.

"Unfortunately it doesn't matter what kind of dairy products you consume. The hormones that cause acne are naturally occurring in the pregnant cows that are milked. So even organic grass fed dairy products are likely to cause acne"

I strongly recommend staying or going Dairy Free.