Notifications
Clear all

Any Insight On Lush Products?

MemberMember
(@claire-missy-barton)

Posted : 04/05/2012 9:59 am

Hi guys, I'm struggling really hard to find a cleanser in the UK. I've looked at alot and they have alot of pore clogging stuff! :(

(i do the dkr regimine , using panoxyl and cetaphil cream) just cant get a cleanser!

I used to use acne.org cleanser, but since customs in UK lowered the Custom value fee to anything over £15 gets a charge, anything i order now will come with a huge customs fee of £22 it's terrible. :(

I can't get hold of cetaphil anymore either the product has come so hard to come across, :( and do be honest when you wash your face it never feels that clean

I live right by a lush store but never really tried anything from there, they have a soap and they say it's GENTLE which was words i was looking for.

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction, Elderflower Decoction, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Water, Lavender Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Rose Absolute, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume

This is whats inside, I don't really have any problems with SLS, my main concern is the, rapeseed oil and coconut oils, if it's too heavy for acne prone skins?

icant really find much on rapeseed oil, at all, :( any help on this would be very much appriciated.

also if anyone knows if there body soap would be ok as well?

thanks. :)

MemberMember
(@tat77)

Posted : 04/27/2012 9:02 am

Do you mean the Fresh Farmacy soap?I'm using that on my neck at the moment.It's gentler than Coalface from Lush.I bought their Teatree Water toner and Grease Lightning recently and they are mild,but the Grease Lightning hasn't been helping me with redness from pimples,or making them go away quicker.

MemberMember
(@english_rose)

Posted : 04/28/2012 10:48 am

I have used Lush body and hair products in the past but never used them on my face.

For a cleanser my recommendation would either be Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish or Elemis sensitive face wash.

MemberMember
(@chinup89)

Posted : 04/29/2012 3:00 am

I LOVE Lush *nomnom* smell sooo good. But I agree with the above poster, I wouldn't use their cleansers on my face. Used their face masks on occasion with no problems.

I'm using Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser atm for my oily skin. It's very gentle, ph balanced, easily available in Boots and I've been using it for months with no breakouts. Here's the ingredient list if you want to check it out:

(Sorry for the angry caps, was written like that on their website and I'm too lazy to fix it xD)

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). WATER (AQUA). DECYL GLUCOSIDE. POLYSORBATE 20. CETEARETH-60 MYRISTYL GLYCOL. DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE. GLYCERIN. SODIUM LAUROYL. SARCOSINATE. METHYL GLUCETH-20. BENZOIC ACID. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN) SEED OIL (CUCURBITA PEPO). DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). GREEN 5 (Cl 61570). LACTIC ACID. PHENOXYETHANOL. YELLOW 5 (Cl 19140). ZINC GLUCONATE

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/01/2012 7:15 pm

Fresh Farmacy broke me out BADLY with cysts. Awful stuff.

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 01/25/2013 8:56 pm

anymore insight on Fresh Farmacy? I've been looking into it.

MemberMember
(@lair-de-rien)

Posted : 01/26/2013 7:15 pm

I've had a completely different experience with Lush face cleansers than every one else it seems! I've never used Fresh Farmacy as I've always had dry skin, but I have used Angels on Bare Skin for about 3 years now; it is by far my favourite face wash. I don't use any other wash, nor have I ever thought to (which in my opinion is the sign of a decent product). I started using it while my acne was flaring up (severe, very painful) and while I wasn't on any acne treatments. It helped even my skin tone very quickly (~3 days) and definitely helped me reduce the amount and frequency of moderate acne on my face. I think it still helps to take the 'hit' off of any spots that I do get to this day. Usage wise it lasts a VERY long time, I'd estimate ~6-9 months if not longer.

Before buying a Lush cleanser, however, I would recommend going into the shop and asking for samples - just because you can. Get samples of all of the ones you want to try - they've never said no to me before. Then you can know whether you like them or not and not have to commit to a big tub.

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 02/02/2013 7:20 pm

I wish I had a store near me, I have to order online (just soaps, basics).

MemberMember
(@lair-de-rien)

Posted : 02/14/2013 2:03 pm

I wish I had a store near me, I have to order online (just soaps, basics).

Well, if you're still interested in their cleansers, you can always order one with ingredients you know are OK for your face. I apply this to absolutely anything that I buy, Lush or otherwise, and it hasn't failed me. I always recommend samples beforehand because it's easy to get swept away by advertising or packaging if you don't look at the composition (i.e. because a product says 'Gentle' on it it'll be gentle for your skin, which is complete fabrication). At the end of the day every cleanser will be suited for different people because everybody's skin is unique.

Worst case scenario is that if you feel that the ingredients are OK, you get it and it doesn't work for your face, you can always use it to clean somewhere else. Why not dive in and give it a go? :)

MemberMember
(@seekingadvice)

Posted : 03/22/2013 12:33 pm

My routine on lush products is angels on bare skin then tea tree water then vanishing cream! Literally leaves my skin feeling so soft and cleansed!

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 03/24/2013 11:22 am

Try black soap. It has very limited ingredients and no chemicals. I use SheaMoisture black soap, but I do not think they are available in the UK yet. You want to get raw black soap. A $10 bar will last you six months if you cut it up into smaller pieces.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/24/2013 1:30 pm

I went to Lush the other day and most of their products contain SLS and whole host of other harsh chemicals. They have great products for the body, not so much for the face! :P

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/08/2013 3:06 pm

Try black soap. It has very limited ingredients and no chemicals. I use SheaMoisture black soap, but I do not think they are available in the UK yet. You want to get raw black soap. A $10 bar will last you six months if you cut it up into smaller pieces.

You can order african black soap in the UK on the Akamuti website - its the fairtrade/organic/raw stuff, I tried Fresh Farmacy cleanser from Lush and the ABS is just so much better. (and less ingredients and no chemicals).

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 04/08/2013 3:17 pm

If you're in the UK, you can't go wrong with Johnson's baby top-to-toe wash. It's super cheap and about as good as you'll find. Excellent alternative to Acne.org Cleanser.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 05/16/2013 10:58 pm

check reviews --

and remember to review