Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vancouver Canucks Fan

Very shallow scars

Hi everbody, I have a bunch of very shallow scars along my left cheek and some pore-size icepicks on the side of my face, i'll post the pictures once the gallery gets healthy. Anywayz, I wanna ask if anybody's went thru my situation b4? I've had consistent acne for a year now and it got really bad during December/January around my mouth, luckily i didnt get any scars from it. Then the acne got consistent like 3-5 active ones everyday on my face. NOw I have to say I'm very fortunate to have pretty much stopped the acne or at least slowed it down to an acceptable rate. but when i look in the mirror with my cheek in between the shade , i see some shallow indented scars and stuff. my question here is will the very shallow scars improve as the redmarks fade??I'm only 17!! I also heard somebody in this forum said that if its still red its healing. My actually indention is very shallow but the redmarks seems so deep!!! I've been putting on ACV to reduce the redmarks and it seems like its gotten better and softer.

P.S if anybody knows, do the facial hair( not beard) get thinker each time u shave ur face??

If your scars are very shallow and you re only 17, i d say dont worry they ll go away within a year. You shouldn t do anything rough to your skin for that period cuz you may slow down the natural healing, just see how it evolves.

After i was done with accutane (in january), i had plenty of very shallow scars that i could see only under special lighting, now all those are gone.

Anyway, it also depends on your definition of "very shallow"

Glad to hear!!! btw, I never was on accutane so that might help, plus i saw my face today under special lighting and it improved a lot!!! yay!!!! maybe its really getting better by itself and the asistance of ACV. u mentioned that not to do any thin rough to my skin, I was wondering if the neat ACV is considered to be rough. I'm not applaying any BP and stuff so is that ok?? do u have a picture or ur scars right after Tane?

i dont have any picture, but all i can tell, is before accutane, i had a bad cystic acne but no scars, after accutane, i have no acne, but scars. now I have only 3 scars left, the largests. all the others faded with time and vinegar. Just be patient, if those scars are only noticeable by you, they will fade.

I was going really hard with the vinegar to get rid of the scars, and it helped a lot, but it s also dangerous and you can make more scars. I ve had enought results and i no longer wanna take any risk.

But you can apply vinegar, no rubbing, this is ok. You have to experiment it yourself. let s say if you re red for more than 20 min after, then it s too much

Be careful using the ACV full strength. It can cause a bad breakout. My daughter used it full strength and got the worst breakout she ever had. She is having great sucess with it now though at 1/2 and 1/2.