Notifications
Clear all

Itchy Neck And Eyelids After Using Bp

MemberMember
(@dollie05)

Posted : 04/05/2012 1:33 am

Hi all,

The Acne.org products have really been a miracle for me. I was almost completely clear after the first set and ordered a second. But before the second even arrived, I started developing a weird allergic reaction or something to the products. I only use the products on my face, but it caused my eyelids and neck to start itching a lot. Then the skin would burn for a couple of days, and then become really dry and really flaky. This also happens on small patches of my arm and once even on the back of my hands.

After some experimentation, I'm reasonably sure that it's the BP that causes this reaction. I've stopped and started the regimen several times, using much less of the BP than I used to, but it still causes the same reaction. Now, what's weird is I take a lot of care to avoid my eyelids and neck each time. Little bits of it might get transferred, but I don't think it would be enough to warrant such a drastic reaction on a huge patch of skin.

Does anyone have a similar experience or any advice on what I should do? I really don't want to have to stop using the BP because it really is one of the most effective products I've found over the years!

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@peachpamela)

Posted : 04/07/2012 9:47 pm

Sorry i cant help you, but i am in the same situation, and it's really sad beacuse i love how my skin is clearing up, but i have a little quiestion for you after you stopped and started the regimen, in those stars your face get dry and flaky all over again ?

I am gonna do that and im really worried about that, i dont want my skin get all dry again, that was just as hell :c

sorry i couldn't give you an advice, i hope you gett better

and sorry for my english

MemberMember
(@marzieh)

Posted : 04/08/2012 1:26 am

Hi all,

The Acne.org products have really been a miracle for me. I was almost completely clear after the first set and ordered a second. But before the second even arrived, I started developing a weird allergic reaction or something to the products. I only use the products on my face, but it caused my eyelids and neck to start itching a lot. Then the skin would burn for a couple of days, and then become really dry and really flaky. This also happens on small patches of my arm and once even on the back of my hands.

After some experimentation, I'm reasonably sure that it's the BP that causes this reaction. I've stopped and started the regimen several times, using much less of the BP than I used to, but it still causes the same reaction. Now, what's weird is I take a lot of care to avoid my eyelids and neck each time. Little bits of it might get transferred, but I don't think it would be enough to warrant such a drastic reaction on a huge patch of skin.

Does anyone have a similar experience or any advice on what I should do? I really don't want to have to stop using the BP because it really is one of the most effective products I've found over the years!

Thanks!

Hey

I have the same problem, the first time I used BP my neck was red for two weeks and itching, oh now, so bad, so so disgusting, even if you touch your body very gently you scratch that, when I look at my body I feel like an animal invaded me and scratched me, anyway I am going to quit using them because I saw no effect after 3 weeks just this itchy effect on my neck which I never applied BP directly, my face is not better , not dry not red, not clean, same as before, even more sensitive and worst!

I used acne free products for sensitive skin and it was so good, actually I have no acne, I am looking for a way to clear my skin,

Good luck with your journey

MemberMember
(@aelphabae)

Posted : 04/09/2012 1:03 am

I've been using The Regimen for a few years now, and when I first started on it or on the rare occasion I ran out before getting my order in the mail (oops! poor timing on my part..) I would experience this at times. I wouldn't recommend using the bp on your eyelids - very sensitive skin, or even very close underneath your eyes. I don't apply it to any part of my eyes, I apply it to every area outside of the orbital socket area. As for the neck, I will still experience dryness and flaking here if I don't moisturize 2-3x more than every other area of my face. It will feel tight and itchy because the bp has dried it out, so I generally use the bp less on my neck area to avoid this since I don't experience breakouts on my neck anyway..

For moisturizer I had to stop using the one from The Regimen when they changed the formula about a year ago and switched to Cetaphil which works great for my skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/10/2012 3:51 am

I thought it was just me. I am awake at 3 am, completely miserable because my neck is itching so bad, I scratched it raw in my sleep. I am not new to The Regimen”I first used it three years ago, and I NEVER had this issue. I use only Dan's products and exactly how he recommends because I want maximum results, but something about the combination of the bp and moisturizer just isn't right. The only thing that helps is applying jojoba oil after cleansing, before bp (method shared somewhere on these forums), but I don't feel I should have to add/change steps... and I don't want to. I've currently been on The Regimen over a month, and my skin is just not adjusting at all. I'm stuck at half the amount of bp right now because I refuse to increase until my skin adjusts to the little bit I am using. I do not apply bp to my eyelids or lower neck... I am very careful, also when applying moisturizer, but my eyelids & lower neck are burnt anyway, and in the middle of the night, my neck goes into allergic-type irritation and itching. I'm convinced it is the combination of bp and moisturizer because if I remove one or the other, I don't have an issue. I never really cared for the moisturizer to begin with, even three years ago. I think it's too runny, and does not moisturize well enough on it's own. It feels icky, sticky on my skin... like liquid makeup. I hate I may have to switch to another moisturizer, or quit The Regimen all together, even though it's the only thing that conquers my acne. :(

MemberMember
(@milkoholic17)

Posted : 04/27/2012 7:23 pm

Hey Guys, I have received the same exact reaction to my skin. The weird thing is, I was on the regimen for 3 years already. then ALL OF A SUDDEN, I have developed the allergic reaction. It seems like there are more and more people developing allergic reactions to BP over time.

MemberMember
(@psycher)

Posted : 05/02/2012 12:57 pm

I am having the same problem! On the one hand I'm relieved I'm not the only person, but then I'm also distressed that no one else has found a solution.

I was using the Acne.org Regimen successfully for 3.5 years. It was the only thing other than Accutane (which itself was an awful experience) that has kept my acne under control. However, this February I opened a new bottle of benzoyl peroxide (my last bottle was from 2010, I think) and I immediately developed an awful rash around my mouth and chin. It persisted for weeks while I slathered it with moisturizer 8+ times a day, until I finally saw a dermatologist. She gave me a cream that healed the rash within days, to my relief. At the time I thought it was the new moisturizer, but since then I have tried reintroducing the BP and the moisturizer separately and it's the BP that immediately produces burning, itchiness, and redness on my face (but only around my mouth; my forehead is fine).

I've stopped the BP because the bright red & flaky rash around my mouth is more embarrassing than my terrible acne, but my acne is so bad that my dermatologist wants me to go back on Accutane. I've consented for the time (but I have to wait until the end of the month to start, due to the new iPledge program for females), but I am still desperate to get BP to work for me again before the month ends and it's time to start Accutane... I would much rather continue with the regimen, because Accutane has its own awful host of side effects.

Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone found a way to overcome the burning and itchiness from the BP? I'm desperate to find a way to make it work so my acne can clear up again and I can avoid Accutane.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@catsandtea)

Posted : 05/09/2012 2:08 pm

*bump* I am having the same issue, I've been using BP for over a year now, and it's only in the last 2 months i've started to get a bumpy rash on my neck and collarbone area. I only get the rash when I use BP. I am loathe to stop because it's been the only thing that has cleared up my acne :/ Gah!

MemberMember
(@scarathers)

Posted : 03/17/2013 11:37 pm

BUMP

I'm having the exact same problem. only does my eyelids itch, they burn. Especially at night.I wake up a couple times every night scratching my neck away. I'm using less than a pump of Dan's bp and doubling on the moisturizer to help with the dryness.

A few years back when I first started the regimen, I never encountered this.I've only had very dry skin then.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

MemberMember
(@musemer)

Posted : 03/18/2013 5:33 am

WOW guys, I came here as a last resort because i'm up at 6 am in the morning with no sleep and raw red itching eyelids, burning under my eyes and a ring of red itchiness right at the base of my neck....I've been using the treatment for about a year now, has done wonders for my skin, and with the last batch of bp and moisturizer I ordered it was fine for a few days then BOOM my eyes and neck are itching and driving me insane!!!!! It's almost like a chemical burn, and the odd thing is I do NOT place the treatment on the parts of the skin on my neck or eyelids at all!? What is going on? I thought it was just me,and I had something seriously wrong with me and I really don't want to give up this product but i'm honestly going to have to if this keeps up...it's so bad I can't even go out in public or sleep!!! I really wish we would be given advice or told what we could do! Once again the areas it's affecting I'm not putting the cleanser, bp, or moisturizer on at all! tinydan.gif HELP US!!!injured.gif no exaggeration, I am needing to see my doctor as soon as I can!

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/18/2013 5:13 pm

Are you keeping away from your eyes and neck when applying the moisturiser too? The BP tends to spread wherever you put the moisturiser, so it's recommended that you stay away from those areas with both the BP and moisturiser.

If you need to moisturise around your eyes, do that before applying the BP to the rest of your face.

MemberMember
(@skinnyminnie)

Posted : 03/18/2013 5:21 pm

Hey Guys, I have received the same exact reaction to my skin. The weird thing is, I was on the regimen for 3 years already. then ALL OF A SUDDEN, I have developed the allergic reaction. It seems like there are more and more people developing allergic reactions to BP over time.

This is SO me. And it took me awhile to figure it out, too, because I'd been using Dan's BP for ages - usually you eliminate NEW products when you have a reaction like this, you know? I was actually hoping that I'd used expired BP, so I ordered Dan's travel-sized BP (smaller bottle because it was a test trial, and I only need BP for my chin and forehead). Well I can spot treat with the TINIEST amount and be okay - most of the time. But like someone posted in this thread, I guess I didn't wash my hands well enough before applying my moisturizer (also Dan's) and I transferred BP remnants to my eye area...it must've been the SMALLEST amount ever...holy cow...bright red, tight skin, around my eyes, on my eyelids, eventually the redness fades, but the skin flaked like crazy. In fact it's STILL a little dry and this happened a couple weeks ago.

So after I put a speck of BP on a spot (and because of my skin's reaction the spot has to be worth it) I scrub my fingers, hands, under the nails, you name it, to avoid another catastrophe. My face is actually just getting over a bad BP burn, nice blotches on my face, the redness has faded but I'm peeling a little. I had a few spots I needed to treat. It's a guessing game at this point - when will the BP burn and when will it be okay? BP is the only product that's ever worked for me and now I'm basically screwed.

I'm actually wondering if I should buy drugstore BP spot treatment, maybe I've become sensitive to something in Dan's - has anyone tried this? I'm going to the store tomorrow for a few things.

WOW guys, I came here as a last resort because i'm up at 6 am in the morning with no sleep and raw red itching eyelids, burning under my eyes and a ring of red itchiness right at the base of my neck....I've been using the treatment for about a year now, has done wonders for my skin, and with the last batch of bp and moisturizer I ordered it was fine for a few days then BOOM my eyes and neck are itching and driving me insane!!!!! It's almost like a chemical burn, and the odd thing is I do NOT place the treatment on the parts of the skin on my neck or eyelids at all!? What is going on? I thought it was just me,and I had something seriously wrong with me and I really don't want to give up this product but i'm honestly going to have to if this keeps up...it's so bad I can't even go out in public or sleep!!! I really wish we would be given advice or told what we could do! Once again the areas it's affecting I'm not putting the cleanser, bp, or moisturizer on at all! tinydan.gif HELP US!!!injured.gif no exaggeration, I am needing to see my doctor as soon as I can!

Okay since I just burned my eyelid/eye area too (smh) I'll tell you what I did.

- Benadryl for 3-4 nights. (Benadryl makes me sleepy which is why I only took it at night, and I opted for just one tab, you could take two though.)

- Cortizone cream, something gentle like Aveeno's, just use sparingly if possible.

- Lots and lots of moisturizer, it relieves the tightness if anything (I use Dan's)

- Vaseline. I used it at night only because it makes you look greasy.

- Aloe. I used the product for sun burns and it was very soothing. But don't use it too much because there's some alcohol in the product (I used Banana Boat) that could make dryness worse. If you have natural aloe that's best.

It takes about a week and a half. The first few days will be painful, itchy red skin. Then it'll fade and you'll be tricked into thinking that it's fine...until your skin gets tight and starts to flake.

MemberMember
(@musemer)

Posted : 03/18/2013 5:53 pm

This is SO me. And it took me awhile to figure it out, too, because I'd been using Dan's BP for ages - usually you eliminate NEW products when you have a reaction like this, you know? I was actually hoping that I'd used expired BP, so I ordered Dan's travel-sized BP (smaller bottle because it was a test trial, and I only need BP for my chin and forehead). Well I can spot treat with the TINIEST amount and be okay - most of the time. But like someone posted in this thread, I guess I didn't wash my hands well enough before applying my moisturizer (also Dan's) and I transferred BP remnants to my eye area...it must've been the SMALLEST amount ever...holy cow...bright red, tight skin, around my eyes, on my eyelids, eventually the redness fades, but the skin flaked like crazy. In fact it's STILL a little dry and this happened a couple weeks ago.

So after I put a speck of BP on a spot (and because of my skin's reaction the spot has to be worth it) I scrub my fingers, hands, under the nails, you name it, to avoid another catastrophe. My face is actually just getting over a bad BP burn, nice blotches on my face, the redness has faded but I'm peeling a little. I had a few spots I needed to treat. It's a guessing game at this point - when will the BP burn and when will it be okay? BP is the only product that's ever worked for me and now I'm basically screwed.

I'm actually wondering if I should buy drugstore BP spot treatment, maybe I've become sensitive to something in Dan's - has anyone tried this? I'm going to the store tomorrow for a few things.

>WOW guys, I came here as a last resort because i'm up at 6 am in the morning with no sleep and raw red itching eyelids, burning under my eyes and a ring of red itchiness right at the base of my neck....I've been using the treatment for about a year now, has done wonders for my skin, and with the last batch of bp and moisturizer I ordered it was fine for a few days then BOOM my eyes and neck are itching and driving me insane!!!!! It's almost like a chemical burn, and the odd thing is I do NOT place the treatment on the parts of the skin on my neck or eyelids at all!? What is going on? I thought it was just me,and I had something seriously wrong with me and I really don't want to give up this product but i'm honestly going to have to if this keeps up...it's so bad I can't even go out in public or sleep!!! I really wish we would be given advice or told what we could do! Once again the areas it's affecting I'm not putting the cleanser, bp, or moisturizer on at all! tinydan.gif HELP US!!!injured.gif no exaggeration, I am needing to see my doctor as soon as I can!

- Benadryl for 3-4 nights. (Benadryl makes me sleepy which is why I only took it at night, and I opted for just one tab, you could take two though.)

- Cortizone cream, something gentle like Aveeno's, just use sparingly if possible.

- Lots and lots of moisturizer, it relieves the tightness if anything (I use Dan's)

- Aloe. I used the product for sun burns and it was very soothing. But don't use it too much because there's some alcohol in the product (I used Banana Boat) that could make dryness worse. If you have natural aloe that's best.

It takes about a week and a half. The first few days will be painful, itchy red skin. Then it'll fade and you'll be tricked into thinking that it's fine...until your skin gets tight and starts to flake.

Thanks, I'll definitely try the aveeno and sparse cortizone cream as it thins out your skin , the thing is though my skin isn't adjusting :( i've been on this for a year and this came out of nowhere, and i'm really confused as to why! thank you for responding though, I really appreciate it! :)

MemberMember
(@skinnyminnie)

Posted : 03/18/2013 9:19 pm

>WOW guys, I came here as a last resort because i'm up at 6 am in the morning with no sleep and raw red itching eyelids, burning under my eyes and a ring of red itchiness right at the base of my neck....I've been using the treatment for about a year now, has done wonders for my skin, and with the last batch of bp and moisturizer I ordered it was fine for a few days then BOOM my eyes and neck are itching and driving me insane!!!!! It's almost like a chemical burn, and the odd thing is I do NOT place the treatment on the parts of the skin on my neck or eyelids at all!? What is going on? I thought it was just me,and I had something seriously wrong with me and I really don't want to give up this product but i'm honestly going to have to if this keeps up...it's so bad I can't even go out in public or sleep!!! I really wish we would be given advice or told what we could do! Once again the areas it's affecting I'm not putting the cleanser, bp, or moisturizer on at all! tinydan.gif HELP US!!!injured.gif no exaggeration, I am needing to see my doctor as soon as

I can!

Thanks, I'll definitely try the aveeno and sparse cortizone cream as it thins out your skin , the thing is though my skin isn't adjusting sad.png i've been on this for a year and this came out of nowhere, and i'm really confused as to why! thank you for responding though, I really appreciate it! smile.png

No problem, I know it's frustrating - painful and unattractively red. :/ My issue with BP came out of nowhere, too. It really sucks =(

MemberMember
(@scarathers)

Posted : 03/21/2013 1:47 pm

I haven't found a solution yet but what I do now decreased the itchiness and dryness around my eyes and neck.

Right after I wash my face, I apply lotion to my nose, t- zone, around my eyes (avoiding the eyelids), around my lips, along my jawline and just underneath my chin. I only apply 1/3 bp total to my cheeks, chin and forehead. Then wait for it to dry so I can apply lotion to just the areas I applied bp.

I've been doing this morning and night fit a few days now and it feels a whole lot better than before. My skin is still improving too.

I really hope this will help some/all of you guys. Crossing my fingers that things will get better from here on out.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/21/2013 7:54 pm

I found that applying moisturizer on my eyes and a bit on my neck BEFORE I put the BP works! It does for me anyway. That way there is some kind of barrier that protects me from getting BP on those sensitive areas. I use the heavy duty moisturizers too. I use the thick cetephil cream/lotion on those areas. I haven't tried Dan's moisturizer, but if it thick, then I'm pretty sure you can use that.

MemberMember
(@saki)

Posted : 05/24/2013 6:33 am

I had the same problem. My neck would get all red and I would itch all the time! It would also get darker after some time so I would be left with some kind of think darker layered skin on a part of my neck.

What I did was just super moisturize it with Nivea. The classic blue jars? Don't know how they're called/packaged outside Europe. I would smeer a very thick layer of it before i go to sleep and really massage it in and in the morning a thinner layer to let it absorb quicker before I go to work.

And it worked! Skin feels less dry, I don't have the itchiness problem anymore and the darker layer of skin peeled off!

This is what worked for me.

FYI I'm on the regimen with Dans products as well and the Nivea blue jar is the only thing I added!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 05/24/2013 10:36 am

Do the patches have redness or any bumps like hives? It may not be the BP I was getting the same reaction from lotions with shea butter. If I use straight shea butter I get itchy like I have posion oak but it takes a couple of days for the reaction so it is hard to figure out. You might want to look at all the products using, some people are allergic to jojoba oil or other natural ingredients it takes trial and error to figure it out. Good luck to you.

Do the patches have redness or any bumps like hives? It may not be the BP I was getting the same reaction from lotions with shea butter. If I use straight shea butter I get itchy like I have posion oak but it takes a couple of days for the reaction so it is hard to figure out. You might want to look at all the products using, some people are allergic to jojoba oil or other natural ingredients it takes trial and error to figure it out. Good luck to you.