Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesiac

Money is no object, what would you have done?

Well i am finding i am obessing with my face too much, even for the scars i have which are mild, superficial mostly.

Thing is i am tired of this, i have only been living with this about 7 months but i don't think i can take this for years to come, i am selling my car because i need to pay off a debt to my mother( i really don't want to sad.gif , eclipse turbo w all the toys), but i have too, anyways i'll be left with around $5,000 to do what i want since i already have a crappy van i use once in a while.

Well it's sad to say but i want to spend this on "fixing" my face, i already got all i need in regards to my happiness( my guitar, mom&sis, mini studio, college)

What would you do?

Me personally?

A brand new G5 Powermac and Cinema display from Apple (or a G5 iMac)

OR a sweet new Rickenbacker lightshow guitar

(http://kennyhowes.com/images/LIGHTSHOW/RIC331-15.jpg) ala' Travis Tooke of For Squirrels/Subrosa

Oh but face wise.. I dunno... I'd probably buy some Accutane since I don't have insurance.

Or maybe convert it all to rubles and go to a strip club.. wink.gif

I find that money is not the issue it is the down time from a procedure. i guess if I was rich and money was no object I would probably find the most skilled doc around and get dermabrasion after my LIS treatments are done. Then fly to a private island and hide out until my face completely healed. Problem is I am very self concious about getting these procedures done and I couldn't hide getting dermabrasion done so I do these minimal down time procedures and they just don't seem to work.

Also, accutane is not the way to go for acne scars, it will only make them worse.

Squareball: For what it's worth, if I knew then what I know now I would have gone into debt to get on Accutane. I was scarred before Accutane, and I believe that it saved my face further scarring. Everyone is different, and you should most definitely research the drug and it's possible side-effects before taking that path.

Its funny you say that amnesiac because I just decided yesterday that I was going to sell my"baby"( 1999 Honda Prelude with over 5k of mods) I really hate doing it because it has givin me so much joy in the past but lately my scars has taken over my life. I lost everything due to my scars and I know the only way to fix it is to sell my "baby" for some money and fix these damn scars. My scars are fairly moderate to severe to a point where i dont feel like its me anymore, that Im living another life. I have had these scars for over 2 1/2 years lost everything due to them. You can always buy another car but you only have one face for the rest of your life.

I will get fillers, punch grafts, and a light dermabrasion. I'm not going to say would, as if I was you, because then I might not want to.

heheh thanks for the replies you guys

I find i need to do this, it is destroying me creatively and as a person, i know scars don't go away and i won't be able to ignore them, treating them little by little for years will further sink me in depression. I want this over so i can start focusing on my music career.

I think i'm getting punch floats & dermabrasion done, 2-3 months of down time ain't that much for me since i am in college and waiting to be admitted to arquitecture so in the meanwhile i am in music so it won't hurt much.

Mikey-what 1/4 where you running?

Oldguy- your replies are always fun.

Amnesiac, good luck with everything and good luck on the music. My band just broke up a few weeks ago sad.gif

(Going OT to talk about music here really quick)

Radiohead's Amnesiac album has really surprised me.. at first I hated it and then the more I listened to it the more I really began to love it. I just got into radiohead in the last year due to my old bandmates being so into them. You should check out (if you haven't heard them already) the band Grandaddy (grandaddylandscape.com) and the band Keane (their music is actually on a Victoria's secret commercial) of course I don't know where you're from so you might have heard of Keane already.

haha i'm also selling my car (pride and joy) to fund my scar revision (supercharged AU falcon - probably only aussies will know it). I'm probably going to get subcision and some laser treatments done. Never had my car down the 1/4 but should run high 13's. Good luck with your treatment(s)!

haha let's just all sell our cars smile.gif

Hey squareball,

yeah amnesiac is great, tough my fav radiohead album is kid A, i still own them all smile.gif

Yeah my sis bought the Keane CD but not really into it, i prefer coldplay in that sort of pop piano rock.

Im not sure what my 1/4 is I have not run it yet Im guessing maybe mid to high 14's Im only boosting 8 psi on a T28 turbo.

Well, since money is no object ......

I would jump on the first plane to New Orleans and visit Dr. Y. I would get punch floats for my ice pick scars and then return for a full face dermabrasion.

dermabrasion: $4,500

punch floats at $60/each $ 600 (for ten of them)

airfare (2 trips) $ 750 (estimate)

meals/expenses $ 100

hotel $ 300 (estimate)

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Wow, I did not realize how much money I am going to have to save. I guess I am going to have to sell my car too. awwwwwww

Well, if I had all the money in the world I probably would have:

-As many Smoothbeams as possible

-Microdermabrasion...I know it doesn't do much for scars but it would help my face look better in general

-TCA Cross for my icepick scars

-Some type of permanent injectable filler for scars that don't respond well

-Several years supply of lactic and glycolic acid peels

-Several jars of skin whitening cream

-V-Beam or IPL/Photorejuvenation for pigmentation marks

-Sonya Dakar's Scar Products

-Regular visits to a spa for facials and stuff

And if I get desperate:

-Obagi Peel

-Exoderm

-CO2, although I probably wouldn't if I had the money cuz of my skin type, unless I could hide somewhere for a very long time

-Thermage....but probably wouldn't if I had the money either cuz of all the stories about fat loss

How will accutane make your scars worse? Are you noticing improvement from your LIS?

I find that money is not the issue it is the down time from a procedure. i guess if I was rich and money was no object I would probably find the most skilled doc around and get dermabrasion after my LIS treatments are done. Then fly to a private island and hide out until my face completely healed. Problem is I am very self concious about getting these procedures done and I couldn't hide getting dermabrasion done so I do these minimal down time procedures and they just don't seem to work.

Also, accutane is not the way to go for acne scars, it will only make them worse.

I would build a time-travel device, go back in time, and tie my hands behind my back to keep from picking.