Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheKnowing

Thoughts From The Northern England - 20/m/student

DAY EIGHTYTHREE

Breakout is worse than pre-tane now. Very confusing was getting a lot better before.

Guessing this can't be an IB as such seeing as its pretty deep in, still looking around thought.

Timed perfectly got a lot of stuff coming up over the next month or so. Remember how frustrating this was before tane, haven't had to for the last couple months.

Derm appointment coming up soon though so will press for 80.

DAY EIGHTYFOUR

Didn't see myself updating this much but getting really weird. My forehead has like exploded with really rough hard red bumps, all inflamed. The kind that have turned into cysts over my course so far. There are literally fifteen scattered across from one side to the other my whole forehead is patchy red.

Half dreading going to sleep in case I have to wake up to them having flourished neutral.gif Have duac'd the fuck out of them for now but it never helped with the other cysts and now it just sort of tingles a little.

Perfect timing too, couldn't have happened the last month or so I've been sat about doing not much, had to turn up the week I have two friends 21st's and two job interviews with retail stores known for being a little bit shallow. FML crazy.gif

Coupled with the awful breakout I've had on my left cheek for the last couple of days seriously wondering if this could be a monstrous IB at the end of month threewacko.png

DAY EIGHTYFOUR

Didn't see myself updating this much but getting really weird. My forehead has like exploded with really rough hard red bumps, all inflamed. The kind that have turned into cysts over my course so far. There are literally fifteen scattered across from one side to the other my whole forehead is patchy red.

Half dreading going to sleep in case I have to wake up to them having flourished neutral.gif Have duac'd the fuck out of them for now but it never helped with the other cysts and now it just sort of tingles a little.

Perfect timing too, couldn't have happened the last month or so I've been sat about doing not much, had to turn up the week I have two friends 21st's and two job interviews with retail stores known for being a little bit shallow. FML crazy.gif

Coupled with the awful breakout I've had on my left cheek for the last couple of days seriously wondering if this could be a monstrous IB at the end of month threewacko.png

Don't Duac them!

Putting 5% Benzoyl Peroxide on your skin is probably the worst thing you could do to it. It's going to burn your skin like you've never known.

It's not unusual to get breakouts, even ones this bad, any derm will tell you that you shouldn't expect clearing until Month 4, admittedly some people do clear up much sooner but that's just life and it's unfair.

Also, drinking really isn't going to help. You might not feel any worse but Accutane and Alcohol both are processed by and put strain on your liver, drinking alcohol will just make your liver less effective, and will increase your trigs, making it far less likely your derm will bump you up to 80 if your blood tests do indeed show decreased Liver Function.

Nevertheless, I hope your breakout does get better soon, just think, this will probably/hopefully be your last breakout!

Don't Duac them!

Putting 5% Benzoyl Peroxide on your skin is probably the worst thing you could do to it. It's going to burn your skin like you've never known.

It's not unusual to get breakouts, even ones this bad, any derm will tell you that you shouldn't expect clearing until Month 4, admittedly some people do clear up much sooner but that's just life and it's unfair.

Also, drinking really isn't going to help. You might not feel any worse but Accutane and Alcohol both are processed by and put strain on your liver, drinking alcohol will just make your liver less effective, and will increase your trigs, making it far less likely your derm will bump you up to 80 if your blood tests do indeed show decreased Liver Function.

Nevertheless, I hope your breakout does get better soon, just think, this will probably/hopefully be your last breakout!

Know it might not have been wisest since duac drys you out but it did work on some red/itchy areas and stopped them turning to breakouts, don't do anything to the ones already active though so stopping with any of that.

I know it'll take a while but seeing as I only had moderate acne and was clearing up sort of took me by surprise.

I haven't drunk in a while but my derm said a couple drinks on occasion was alright. Definitely haven't drunk anywhere close to the bloods and started to hit the gym now so unlikely I'll be drinking from here on in.

Best of luck on the rest of your course too, the breakouts might get worse for a couple months but reckon its worth it in the long run.

Edited by TheKnowing

Don't Duac them!

Know it might not have been wisest since duac drys you out but it did work on some red/itchy areas and stopped them turning to breakouts, don't do anything to the ones already active though so stopping with any of that.

I know it'll take a while but seeing as I only had moderate acne and was clearing up sort of took me by surprise.

I haven't drunk in a while but my derm said a couple drinks on occasion was alright. Definitely haven't drunk anywhere close to the bloods and started to hit the gym now so unlikely I'll be drinking from here on in.

Best of luck on the rest of your course too, the breakouts might get worse for a couple months but reckon its worth it in the long run.

I've been quite lucky, my skin was pretty clear to start off with when I started Accutane because of Antibiotics so I've avoided a breakout I think.

Have you tried sudocrem? I find it's quite good at drying spots out, especially if they've already popped/emptied whilst washing, and it doesn't contain any harsh ingredients, just speeds things up a bit, try dabbing a bit on before you go to bed :)

And yes, so true! I don't really mind it when I get spots now because I see it as progess, that it's all pain for gain unlike before haha.

I've been quite lucky, my skin was pretty clear to start off with when I started Accutane because of Antibiotics so I've avoided a breakout I think.

Have you tried sudocrem? I find it's quite good at drying spots out, especially if they've already popped/emptied whilst washing, and it doesn't contain any harsh ingredients, just speeds things up a bit, try dabbing a bit on before you go to bed smile.png

And yes, so true! I don't really mind it when I get spots now because I see it as progess, that it's all pain for gain unlike before haha.

Thanks for the suggestion might pop into boots at some point.

And definitely true about the mindset thing, having 'an end' in sight really helps.

DAY NINETY

Derm won't move me up even though bloods are fine and no other side effects. Apparently if it gets worse it sticks to 60, and if it gets better it sticks to 60 too.

Woke up with seven actives on my cheek worse than anything pre-tane.

Starting month four, hopefully heads up from here.

DAY NINETYTWO

This is by far the worst its been, on the course or off. After shaving about five cystish looking things popped up and countless loads of smaller pauples, etc.

The blemishes are healing well with sudcorem, only been using it for a couple days but it does make a noticeable difference, still not sure how to deal with these. Had a panic since I've got a birthday later tonight and a day out tomorrow and decided to duac them, then sudocrem them, then wash my face and then apply both to different sections.

Really very frustrating these ups and downs, yesterday the monster marks left by the last cysts were clearing up really well with sudocrem and the actives that appeared died down and disappeared. Now they've turned reddish and its just a general pain in the arse.

If there's any positive its that the breakouts don't last too long, so hopefully by Monday/Tuesday it won't look so awful. But for the moment is horrible, lock up and stay at home horrible, but have to be out this weekend so great timing.

DAY NINTEYIGHT

Still dealing with these weird cysts I never got before. Not much else happened over the last week or so. Going to try and get my next appointment with a different derm, one who might actually give me the recommended dose.