Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheKnowing

Thoughts From The Northern England - 20/m/student

**JUST noticed typo in title, ignore the 'the'**

/idiot moment

Thought I'd keep a log to look back over during/after my course, also have spent the last few days in the build up to starting looking over as many as I could so maybe this could be of help to others.

First pill tomorrow, will also shop for some moisturiser/chapstick, should be interesting...

Edited by TheKnowing

best luck to you:)

Thanks

DAY ONE

Just popped my first pills, I'll update when I see changes don't wanna be sat about looking for things to report everyday if there are none - think that makes things worse.

DAY TWO

Noticed a load of small pauples emerge, don't know if it's an IB if I had to get one would rather it was like this they're not very noticeable and can't be seen properly unless you look at them under a light.

Actually feel really great since starting, every time I take them is like a little celebration feels good to know the wheel are in motion to sort this out. Don't see myself falling into tane-induced depression any time soon.

DAY THREE

Pretty sure this is the IB now just cause of the irregularity of the break outs. Lot on my forehead at the moment which is odd.

Wasn't expecting one too major cause I only started on 40 mg but none the less...

DAY FOUR

Didn't intend to update everyday but I think its getting into gear pretty fast

New actives turning up again, chest has also flared up (never experienced this before), overall its not awful just like the worst kind of breakout I'd usually have. Forehead is particularly shit right now, hopefully things won't get any worse

Haven't noticed any extra dryness in my face but already had seborrhoeic dermatitis so that's the same. Scalp is WAY more dry gonna get some clear scalp shampoo tomorrow, just realised that the head & shoulders for scalp and dandruff are different, been using the wrong one. Lips aren't super dry enough for moisturising yet a lickover every so often tends to do the trick

Edited by TheKnowing

DAY FIVE

Lot of small actives on my chest but they turn over very fast and are barely visible, also not exactly topless weather up north so not really an issue.

Two cysts on my left cheek won't fuck off otherwise face is pretty quite.

Not really noticing any side effects seeing derm tomorrow will see how that goes.

DAY SEVEN

Lips have gone dry, feels weird, kind of good to know this stuff is working though

Breakouts have stopped, hoping that was the IB then really wasn't all too horrible

DAY EIGHT

New active where I've already got a bit of a blemish so trying not to touch it.

Gonna need patience for this course can't wait to start seeing a difference!! (Or at least getting dry skin so I know its doing something, my dosage 40mg is low for my body weight which is over 150 pounds). I know it's far too soon to expect changes was just hoping I was one of the lucky ones I guess. Either way sticking through...

Hey I'm on day 4 now! I'll be sure to keep checking here to check your progess since I'm not far behind at all. Good luck and keep being patient! smile.png

Thanks, will check out your progress too, would be cool to compare how the courses go.

DAY NINE

Random rashes every so often, nothing that's too much bother might not even be the tane.

Skin is weirdly bumpy, still no mega IB or clear up just the odd actives popping up here and there as usual, I used a little BP gel yesterday on a bump that looked like it could have done some damage but other than that just carrying on.

Lips are officially dried out, they crack and hurt if I don't keep the moisturised, really uncomfortable in the mornings, face still isn't too dry yet.

Guest *Spiro*

Good luck!! For the lips I got a prescription lip ointment it's a mixed compound of mupirocin 2% and desonide 0.05% my dermatologist said it will heal things up, maybe ring your derm and ask for something to help you out.

Good luck!! For the lips I got a prescription lip ointment it's a mixed compound of mupirocin 2% and desonide 0.05% my dermatologist said it will heal things up, maybe ring your derm and ask for something to help you out.

Cheers best of luck on your course too. It's not that bad at the moment it's just that I woke up to dry lips, will moisturise before I sleep from now don't think it'll be a problem. Will definitely ask the derm if it gets ut of hand though.

DAY TEN

Skin feels much smoother, the random bumpy texture has almost completely subsided, hoping this is start of it getting better.

Blemishes from the cysts and breakouts over the last week are pretty bad looks like they'll take a while to heal

DAY ELEVEN

Got much worse, left cheek and forehead are breaking out with cysts, they're sort of bumpy but on the plus side not really that noticeable unless you were to feel them or shine a light, don't look like they'll leave blemishes either. Forehead ones probably will they're a mess at the moment.

Face is getting dry, time to invest in some moisturiser I reckon.

Edited by TheKnowing

DAY TWELVE

Gonna go ahead and call this out as the IB. Was unsure at first but looking back pre-tane pics this is definitely a lot worse, woke up and it was in a bad way.

Weird small cystish thing on my neck, all isolated and nice and bright red so extra noticeable.

Just as cysts on my left cheek went another one has popped up, not the type that looks like it's fucking off any time soon. Have a load of other actives all bubbling away there too, lot of scarring around that area already this won't help (not the permanent type though so could be worse). Strange cause my right cheek is pretty much fine so have this weird look going on right now.

Forehead especially above nose is playing up again too, it's not so much the actives that bother me in this area it's just that the smallest pauple can leave the most stubborn blemish so gets frustrating.

Scalp is a LOAD more dry, using Head & Shoulders but it's not doing the trick, have so many flakes it's disgusting. Might switch to Neutrogena T-Gel or E45 Shampoo, heard good things about those two, got some dermatitis going on so need to get that clear.

Overall IB wise I was preparing for the very worst which so far this isn't (keeping fingers crossed). It is giving me that stay at home and avoid public places feeling though which is unavoidable for the next couple of weeks.

Sure it will get better in time though just got to wait it out.

Guest *Spiro*

I am there with you on the IB. I dont want to leave home either. I am day 36 and mine is still going strong. I think ohhh yay! Its starting to turn around somedays. Next thing I know BAM. I wake up with 9 more! It sucks. Hopefully you clear up quicker than I am. Your day 12 so breaking out at that point is expected. I was hoping at my stage I am at now, things would be starting to clear up. I was put on a antibiotic yesterday by my GP so hopefully calm down my jaw line. Also I have a infected zit on my scalp. Sucks!

Its seem like all the new acne comes in the same place. One clears up and another pops in a couple of days later in the same spot. Those spots for me would be the right temple and my entire jawline, and my left cheek. Hopefully after this breakout I am not scarred underneath all this since they just refuse to stop coming up.

Good luck with your dermatitis, I hear T-Gel is really good.

Yeah today have woken up feeling much better about it. It could be much worse, just always have one huge cyst on me since starting the course, before that they were pretty rare once every couple month kind of thing.

I've heard antibiotics are actually really helpful with IBs, good luck on those.

Do wonder what I'll do with all the free thinking time when I'm not concerned with my face after this is all over.

DAY EIGHTEEN

Skin feels smoother still not dried out. Virtually no actives about hopefully that carries on.

Seem to be reacting well to Accutane so far only side effects are dry lips, not majorly a problem at all, very bearable. Had the odd rash/itch but don't think much of that.

Getting blood work done this week and appointment with derm next week, not sure if it's just the dose or whether I'd prepared for much worse but its been pretty much plain sailing lately.

DAY THIRTYONE

Not updated in a while, been busy with exams and moving things to and from uni.

Passed the month mark, got through boxes of this stuff now. Recently upped to 60mg increased dry lips and started to need to moisturise round the mouth area in the mornings.

Hair is REALLY dry, using T-gel to help the scalp been going alright so far.

Skin still feels smooth but got a lot of annoying little fuckers popping up here and there, not so bad though they tend to disappear within a couple of days.

Had a couple drinks after my first exam, couple beers, went down alright didn't notice any difference so all in all going well with pretty much zero adverse affects so far (hope it stays that way with the new dosage)

Having a bit of a problem though, couple days ago noticed redness on my cheek, overnight this turned into a more bruised looking thing and now despite not having shaved over this time it looks like a cut. It never bled but looks like reddish/brownish skin just in one area, anyone know what it could be? It's like a weird bruising not a spot at all, really confused and no appt with the derm until June now. Anyone else experience this? When did it leave? Any help would be great :)

Don't think so. Either way gonna be extra careful now, keep the nails cut down and all that. Just wondering how long this plans to stick around for. Gradually clearing up really well everywhere else so it sticks out even more.

Forgot to mention have had a LOAD of blackheads turn up, they've always been dormant around my nose but now they've come to surface, some around the pores between my nose and eyes too. Close up they look awful but not so noticeable otherwise, have heard accutane tends to deal with them so not too bothered atm, waiting for them to fall out.

DAY FOURTYTWO

Started to break out again which is a drag. Skin feels little more sensitive, has gone a little red too.

Blackheads are becoming clearer waiting for the them to fall out.

Skin is more dry now too need to use moisturiser a lot more. Used to the dry lips not much bother either way.

Feels a little like a plateau, thinking I should have been moved up to 80 but only month and a half in a way to go yet.

DAY EIGHTYONE

Still breaking out rather annoyingly, there seems to always be one massive cyst-like thing active at any time, as soon as one goes another pops up. Marks they leave behind take time to heal too.

Sure I need 80mg but derm refuses to go above 60 for now, appointment coming up soon so hopefully can move up.

Had a couple (lot) of drinks, know it's not advised but I was completely fine, noticed nothing untoward.

If anyone reading is that way inclined didn't experience anything out of the ordinary getting stoned either.

Frustrating to wait but always knew that this was a possibly long and tedious process glare.gif