Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
werd

IM SICK OF IT...

I have had clear skin up until around 9th grade where i played football and didn't exactly care or know how to take care of my skin... wherein i developed minor acne, over that summer it got worse and was probably worse than it is now.... i finally started to care and did intense dish soap / bp 5 percent cleansing MANY times a day... i was able to clear it up almost totally but it would leave my skin bleached and just overall unhealthy looking. which in turn caused me to wear makeup. YES I AM A GUY. now i am a junior and i just discovered this site about 7 weeks ago? and decided what the hell ill try it out see how it goes... 6 - 7 weeks in of strict 2-3 times a day cleansing of dans regimen, bp bar with bp 2.5 proactive lotion, i have been to the doctor and been prescribed an antibiodic topical which i feel makes it all worse... im not using that horseshit. anyhow here i am as it stands... im just so sick of it i had a model shoot at the end of this week and im not so sure im going to go now :-\

http://img79.exs.cx/img79/3411/DSC00459.jpg

http://img79.exs.cx/img79/2381/DSC468.jpg

http://img79.exs.cx/img79/3861/DSC00461.jpg

http://img79.exs.cx/img79/3200/DSC00462.jpg

on a side note this is just my ugly red spot covered bullshit skin, no makeup or anything... plus my hair is messed up but i dont care... i cant draw attention from this uglyness.

dude CHILLLLLLL

you have very minor acne i'm dead fuckin serious

everyone feels like their acne is worse than it is becuz they study their face but i'm 100% positive yours is ridiculously moderate

i've got shit all over my face dude and i'm in highschool just like you and i'm doing allright

i guarantee no1 even notices that shit

a MODEL shoot? jesus christ pretty boy get over yourself

if you call yourself ugly again i'm going to hit you really hard in the face then you'll be ugly

They didn't give you a pill antibiotic? I had terrible acne but the doc gave me Doxycycline and it cleared me up about 95% along with washing my skin 3 times a day and using the 2.5% bp gel.

dude CHILLLLLLL

you have very minor acne i'm dead fuckin serious

everyone feels like their acne is worse than it is becuz they study their face but i'm 100% positive yours is ridiculously moderate

i've got shit all over my face dude and i'm in highschool just like you and i'm doing allright

i guarantee no1 even notices that shit

a MODEL shoot? jesus christ pretty boy get over yourself

if you call yourself ugly again i'm going to hit you really hard in the face then you'll be ugly

exactly... its shit in any form, i was prescribed amoxycillin a few weeks back for a sinus infection and it did really well, all the white heads cleared up, just those damn red marks... but i mean who has the money to do that consistently? Thanks Pres. Bush for the WONDERFUL health care.

exactly... its shit in any form, i was prescribed amoxycillin a few weeks back for a sinus infection and it did really well, all the white heads cleared up, just those damn red marks... but i mean who has the money to do that consistently? Thanks Pres. Bush for the WONDERFUL health care.

I would go back to the doc and see about getting an antibiotic like Doxycycline (helps against anthrax too!)

Since your acne is pretty mild, I bet doxycycline would clear it right up.

You knew this was coming but - Antibiotics are not the answer. I mean, at this point I know you would put anything in your body to clear up your face, but I can tell you that for me Doxy didn't even work and in the mean time, it killed all the good bacteria from my system. This is coming from someone who is now on a 6-9 month antibiotic regimen for TB exposure - I have less energy now, my stamina when I run is gone, and I hate being on them. Years ago when my derm prescribed Doxy, I was ecstatic. Then it didn't do anything. Then I took Doxy for 4.5 months while I was in Africa because this stuff is actually what you can use to prevent malaria (why would you need something so strong for acne?), and still had acne. So coming from someone with alot of antibiotic experience, please don't go that route. You ruin your digestive system, lose energy, wear your body down in general, and are you really going to want to stay on them for years and years?

By the way - I'll join the chorus and say try Dan's reg if you haven't already because that is what eventually healed my acne.

End rant now.

It's not the government's job to provide healthcare to the people.

It isn't?

::Walks into Government owned hospital in Canada::

yes, canada has free healthcare provided by the government. they also pay out their ass in taxes to support that healthcare

You knew this was coming but - Antibiotics are not the answer.  I mean, at this point I know you would put anything in your body to clear up your face, but I can tell you that for me Doxy didn't even work and in the mean time, it killed all the good bacteria from my system.  This is coming from someone who is now on a 6-9 month antibiotic regimen for TB exposure - I have less energy now, my stamina when I run is gone, and I hate being on them.  Years ago when my derm prescribed Doxy, I was ecstatic.  Then it didn't do anything.  Then I took Doxy for 4.5 months while I was in Africa because this stuff is actually what you can use to prevent malaria (why would you need something so strong for acne?), and still had acne.  So coming from someone with alot of antibiotic experience, please don't go that route.  You ruin your digestive system, lose energy, wear your body down in general, and are you really going to want to stay on them for years and years?

By the way - I'll join the chorus and say try Dan's reg if you haven't already because that is what eventually healed my acne.

End rant now.

I've been on doxycycline for 9 months... tetracycline for four months before that... and between tetracycline and minocycline on and off for about three years. Thanks to my derm biggrin.gif

I sleep at least 10 hours a day and I'm a very normally active person but have no energy at all. And I don't have a clue if its working at all... i've been on them so long and still have deep cysts and always at least 6 or 7 whiteheads... and at least 15 or 20 red inflamed spots. Not fun. Stomach problems I'm sure. But i've been on em so long I really don't know.