Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey, I have moderate acne and I was wondering if it is possible to be prescribed accutane or does it have to be severe? Also, if it is possible to get it with pretty moderate acne, how would I go about doing so? thanks for your time in advance.

thanks. My acne doesn't look like it will lead to scarring except for some large pores maybe and not perfect skin once it leaves. I think the more important part in my case is how much it bothers me rather than its severity. Allthough the acne is not sever, its looks pretty bad for moderate. Do you think a derm would still prescribe it for me?

Yeah....although you probably have to explain yourself....i think if you just let them know how its affecting you psychosocially, how you want to prevent scarring, I dont see a reason as to why your derm should deny you even a low-dose of accutane...

yes, it is affectin gme mentally very poorly, however I doubt it will lead to scarring. It's just that pretty bad type of moderate acne. Allthough I am a little skeptical at doing round of Accutane at low dose because from what I've read, it seems like it will just come back thanks for replies. I am really interested in pursuing this.