Using Too Much Mois...

Notifications
Clear all

Using Too Much Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@atcmatt)

Posted : 04/02/2012 11:18 am

Hi, I just started the regimen a few days ago. I think I am doing it right, but when I put on the two full pumps of moisturizer, I gently try to spread it around for the two full minutes but after the two minutes there is still a lot of it just sitting around on my face. It takes a good hour for it to absorb and then it's still VERY moist looking. I'm using two very complete pumps but in his video it appears like his was mostly absorbed after two minutes of spreading it around. Am I using too much? Other than this, I haven't really experienced any problems so far.

MemberMember
(@acneehater)

Posted : 04/02/2012 12:04 pm

It should absorb pretty quickly. Just make sure before applying any moisturiser that the bp on ur face is completely dry. I usually wait the full 15 mins as it does help absorb moisturiser. And when u apply moisturiser, u can try making faces to get moisturiser in tough spots. Just avoid around the eye and neck. Hope that helps. And good luck.

Remeber to me super gentle when spreading the moisturiser across ur face.

MemberMember
(@eleck)

Posted : 04/02/2012 1:25 pm

If its not absorbing all the way, I would say use less. Personally I apply a couple drops of Jojoba oil to my face before using the moisturizer at all, and then use just enough moisturizer to cover my face. It absorbs fairly fast. If I use the full two pumps it seems to never absorb

MemberMember
(@markronan)

Posted : 04/04/2012 1:38 pm

Hi, I just started the regimen a few days ago. I think I am doing it right, but when I put on the two full pumps of moisturizer, I gently try to spread it around for the two full minutes but after the two minutes there is still a lot of it just sitting around on my face. It takes a good hour for it to absorb and then it's still VERY moist looking. I'm using two very complete pumps but in his video it appears like his was mostly absorbed after two minutes of spreading it around. Am I using too much? Other than this, I haven't really experienced any problems so far.

Just apply it gently for 5 minutes, 2 minutes is not enough trust me, i can do none of the steps in 2 minutes like dan says, i be just left with loads of stuff on my face and the moisturizer does not absorb properly and you are left with yellow bits on your face. Stupid moisturizer im sick of it but im afraid to change. It takes me an hour altogether to do everything properly.

MemberMember
(@6n4m)

Posted : 04/04/2012 10:01 pm

I use a blow dryer (set to cool air) to speed up the process. It makes it significantly less arduous and works well to keep my hair out of the goop covering my face.

Even then, 2 minutes isn't really long enough. I'm pretty sure Dan uses black magic to make everything absorb so quickly in his videos.

MemberMember
(@atcmatt)

Posted : 04/06/2012 10:58 pm

Yeah, I think I'm going reduce the amount of moisturizer. I have yet to experience any of the initial reaction symptoms - redness, dryness, itchiness, so it's doing the job, but it takes over an hour to absorb to the point where it's not visible - and then I'm left with a yellow/tan-tinted face all day. The instructions say the benzoyl peroxide is harder to absorb but I am actually having a far easier time getting it to absorb, it takes no more than 3 minutes.

BTW - I have been waiting 15-20 minutes after using the benzoyl peroxide.

MemberMember
(@acneehater)

Posted : 04/08/2012 1:24 am

u can try using 1 pump of moisturiser after bp, then wait for that to dry and then add an additional one pump on top.

MemberMember
(@aimee195)

Posted : 03/01/2018 5:41 pm

Yes I have the same issue and so I need to wake up at 4am if I have work at 6am for the moisturizer to absorb haha. 2 pumps for me are too much I think. I will try to reduce the amount and add 2-3 drops of Jojoba oil instead to see how that will work out.

This is my 5th day with the regimen can't wait to see results. I'm so so excited. fingers crossed this will work.