Notifications
Clear all

smoking pot?

MemberMember
(@gear13)

Posted : 09/20/2004 6:30 pm

blink.gif someone told me that smoking pot CLEARS your skin up...is this true? or does it actually make it worse?

MemberMember
(@neo)

Posted : 09/20/2004 6:56 pm

IT DOESNT CLEAR IT UP OR MAKE IT WORSE IT JUST GETS YOU HIGH

MemberMember
(@sinashgh)

Posted : 09/20/2004 7:07 pm

i get acne few days later everytime i smoke pot. Up to you but i'll tell you one thing it certainly doesn't CLEAr you up. do at your own risk. that's why i do it once a month now sad.gif

MemberMember
(@ccalder)

Posted : 09/20/2004 7:43 pm

Drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana both effect hormone levels in the body. Some people may not have any skin problems while using either alcohol or marijuana, and some people may break out like crazy. Everybody is different. As far as your question is concerned, no marijuana will not clear up acne.

MemberMember
(@intelligencia)

Posted : 09/29/2004 7:45 pm

I just typed smoking in the search to see if it affects anyone elseAaas skin. I have been clear (cept a few bumps on my chin every so often) for 1.5 years. I decided to quit smoking in August and did very well. However, my skin has become very oily since the first week of Sept. I now get spots in random places.. on forehead (havenAaat broken out here in years), my cheeks, jaw line etc. What is going on?!

edited to say I am talking about ciggs not pot

MemberMember
(@dynji)

Posted : 09/29/2004 8:22 pm

All weed does for me is make me forget that I have acne, I feel really good because I don't have to think about my face and all that shit but I don't smoke alot cause it gets me high for too long, I'm messed up for like 20 hours...I'm first day on accutane today so I won't smoke for like 6 months...

nope, won't clear up acne but will help chill out if you're depressed

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 09/30/2004 11:06 pm

I just typed smoking in the search to see if it affects anyone elseAaas skin. I have been clear (cept a few bumps on my chin every so often) for 1.5 years. I decided to quit smoking in August and did very well. However, my skin has become very oily since the first week of Sept. I now get spots in random places.. on forehead (havenAaat broken out here in years), my cheeks, jaw line etc. What is going on?!

edited to say I am talking about ciggs not pot

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/02/2004 7:00 pm

You know...I used to think smoking pot gave me zits...It's been a long journey for me of trials and errors, and watching my body very closely and I STILL am not sure which things add to my breakouts and which things don't.

I used to smoke pot all day, every day. Obviously, showing NO moderation at all was eventually going to have consequences. I developed panic attacks (I already was recovering from depression/suicidal/cutter/anxiety disorder and had gone off medication because *gasp* it screwed up my skin) and would get completely psycho from smoking..like, I would smoke and NOT be able to control my thoughts..I would think about the most disgusting things until I threw up, stuff like that. So I ended up coming to the conclusion that it was the stress weed was causing in my life that was making my skin worse.

That said, I now only smoke 1-2 nights a week at the most...and it never has any ill effect on my life anymore. The panic stopped when I cut back on the amount I was smoking. But I've noticed that every once in awhile when I smoke too much (say, 4 nights in a row), or too many ciggarettes (I am a "sometimes" smoker, usually when out at the bar) it has a minor ill effect on my skin.

So I guess what I am saying is show moderation when smoking...don't do it too much...perhaps too much toxins built up in the body could be adding to acne, and I know thc cleans out of the body faster with occasional use as where everyday use it builds up in your fat cells. Show moderation with pot and I doubt it will be too much of an issue. You should be showing moderation anyways, too much weed makes you dumb, believe me! wacko.gif

EDIT- I just wanted to add that I have heard a select few people say pot cleared up their skin. I think it has to be due to the fact that weed can chill you out. So if someone is high strung and broken out, and their breakout is due to stress, it makes sense a nice chill session would help lower their levels of stress hormone.

MemberMember
(@sugari)

Posted : 01/09/2013 10:58 pm

Well I've smoked occasionally for about three years. Never been a heavy pot smoker. But lately I do smoke at least two blunts a week. The doctors have always told me that smoking simply ruins the skin and Id like to think so, but I've come to the conclusion that pot has been the reason why my skin, on my face shoulders, and back, has been clear lately.

I was breaking out worst than ever these past six months... and I've been struggling with acne for about 8 years. However my pimples and cysts have just dried up. The scarring, pigmentation and black heads are all still here, but no more huge bumps that hurt. The only difference in my life from now compared to six months ago is the amount of weed I smoke. I've been off of bud for a few days, cleaning my system for drug test in a week with these natural pills that'll flush my body, and already I'm breaking out. You would think that if I'm flushing my system my skin would clear up too.