Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bee4

Do You Trust Bb Creams?

Hi all

I used to have moderate acne and have managed to get it under control with BP, laser treatments and reducing stress.

I have some scarring and thought I would try a Garnier BB cream to even out my complexion and give myself a bit of a glow. These creams are all the rage in the UK at the moment.

however, I'm now worried that I'll have a huge breakout due to using it. Here are the ingredients - what do you think?

PS - the effect of the cream is really nice, really natural.

post-87299-0-36987300-1333273704_thumb.j

post-87299-0-36987300-1333273704_thumb.j

It broke me out. I had to stop. It's the cyclopent...whatever (2nd ingredient). It also had mineral makeup in it and mineral makeup breaks me out. It made my skin sting and itch in certain spots. Luckily, I only used it for a week and then returned it. I actually warn people about this product on my blog, lol.

Edited by Prettywords

I wouldn't risk it. Its got a lot of crap in it, and if you have your acne under control, you dont want it to flare up. BB creams all sound too good to be true.

I was looking at that exact same product as well but it does have a lot of crap in it.....waiting to see how other people like it but so far doesn't sound too good. I have heard that it doesn't help scars anymore than a tinted moisturizer.

I wanted to try it as well. People rave about how their skin looks using BB creams. I'll wait until I see some positive reviews from acne sufferers.

BB creams are going to be just liked tinted moisturizers, some foundations, just a little more skin friendly if you get the right one. I use Dr. Jart and I adore it. But if you are going to get one I suggest investing in one with better ingredients & reviews. :)

BB creams are going to be just liked tinted moisturizers, some foundations, just a little more skin friendly if you get the right one. I use Dr. Jart and I adore it. But if you are going to get one I suggest investing in one with better ingredients & reviews. smile.png

I have heard that the Dr. Jart BB creams are amazing... I want to try one too, but they're pretty pricey. But then again, you get what you pay for. XD

As for the OP though, I'd say if you wanna try it, go ahead and try it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I mean, worst case scenario, it sucks. But now you know, at least! ^_^ Maybe you could go to a beauty store and try out a tester first, if you're nervous about it though. I figure the only way to find what works for you is to try as much as you can.

I wouldn't risk it instead use what you know doesnt break you out. To even out your skin add a vitamin C serum I like ole henriksens truth serum.

i think BB creams are a total lifesaver!

i'm currently using skin79's intense classic balm which gives awesome coverage which means i don't need concealers/foundations. it does sort of makes my skin have this whitish tinge under harsh/bright light which sucks but i can live with it. only thing is it doesn't seem to improve my skin very much..

BUT before skin79 i used liose's BB cream which even though doesn't give much coverage, drastically changed my skin. in a good way. no breakouts, nothing. there was a period when i don't even need any makeup when i go out because my skin has improved so much! i probably would switch back to liose's after i finished my current BB cream.

i've actually tried the garnier BB cream on my local drugstore but it doesn't really match my skintone.. and i don't really trust garnier when it comes to BB creams lol.

you should just try them out and see if they suit you or not..