Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm desperate to rid of my nasty acne before prom. :(

Prom is in a month, and I don't have any money for my face. I certainly CAN'T afford the regimen - I don't think I'd ever really push myself to buy $40 skin care. Anyway, I've tried pretty much everything: lemon juice, witch hazel, egg yolks, aspirin mask, etc. They work to an extent... but I always have acne, scarring, and a lot of red discoloration. It's embarassing to leave the house without make-up! So I'm asking... what's an easy and affordable way to help keep acne under control? My skin isn't very sensitive, so I'm open to just about anything. Thanks for your time!

Hi, I know what you mean by needing to keep it on a budget. I think the best way to treat it is to keep your face clean consistently.... Here is what I suggest:

-- This cleanser is Target's Up&Up brand, so it is less expensive, but has the same things as other bigger name brands. It is only $3.49. Here is the link: http://www.target.com/p/up-up-Deep-Cream-Cleanser-6-5-oz/-/A-11573880

-- Although this a bit more expensive, this is a critical way to clear your face! You need this in order to get rid of your acne. It can be anywhere from $2 to 6$. Here is one brand:

Walgreens $4.99 http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-benzoyl-peroxide-acne-medication-gel/ID=prod5901452-product

-- Concealer is your friend in this case! I am sure you already have some....

For home remedies, here are a few of my favorite from http://www.drgranny.com/2011/04/21/get-rid-of-pimples-overnight/ :

Toothpaste:

This is the most famous remedy to get rid of pimples overnight. Apply toothpaste before going to bed. Do not use gel for this. At night, wake up for a few times and check whether toothpaste covering is still there, else re-apply toothpaste on the acne. You will find a significant improvement in the morning.

Steaming:

Take a container and fill it with water. Boil the water for a few minutes and later keep the container below your face. Let the steam to moisturize your face for 2–3 minutes. Rinse your face with tepid water. This helps in removing dirt, dust and oil from the skin pores without aggravating pimples. Application of an oil free moisturizing lotion helps to restore the lost moisture. This remedy aids in getting rid of pimples.

Lemon juice:

Another simple remedy to get rid of pimples is application of lemon juice on the acne before sleeping. Sleep happily to see pimples getting dried the next morning.

Honey and cinnamon:

This is a pleasant smell giving acne treatment. Mix honey and cinnamon to make a paste and apply it over pimples before going to bed. Next morning wash your face with cold water. You may feel itching sensation in the first few minutes as honey is sticky. You will find that the pimples are dried and dead the next morning.

Lavender oil:

Although this remedy is not effective for all, it has helped many teenagers in getting rid of pimples. Apply lavender oil on pimples to dry them to a great extent. Apply lavender oil repeatedly to get rid of acne overnight.

These are a few home remedies to get rid of pimples overnight. These do not have any adverse effect on your skin but some may not be effective on your skin. Follow a remedy for a few weeks and if you do not find any improvement, consult a dermatologist for further assistance.