Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lets say u have mild acne. Maybe like 5-6 active spots at a time. If one or two of them is a cyst does that mean u have moderate acne? Cause everyone here seems to think that mild acne is only blackheads/whiteheads/pastules.

I know everyone here's ratings are diff, but id like to know.

thanks.

I think the severity is down to the frequency of the red spots and the size of the spots.

But, like you were saying, if you have 5-6 active spots at a time and 2 happen to be cysts then I'd still say its mild bordering moderate. It also depends if its due to a breakout or if this is the normal frequency of spots on the face.

ic ic,

oh and on the topic of cysts, i dont really understand what it is.

I get these under the skin pimples sometimes, but they are like half a centimeter, and when they become ripe (after like 2 days), and i pop them, they dissapear the next day or 2.

I always thought they were cysts, but everyone else on this site think that they have to be big, painful andbe long time to heal... huh.gif

I'm not sure what type of spot your describing there. I think it may just be a big pimple which I think is called a pustule (or a papule). They heal very quickly and thats how you know its not a cyst.

Cysts are very big. They tend to be bigger then 5mm in diameter and are sometimes pus filled. Cysts ALWAYS leave a scar and they're also painful to touch. They form deep into the hair follicle and thats why they are painful and very big. Hope that helped.

I'm not sure what type of spot your describing there. I think it may just be a big pimple which I think is called a pustule (or a papule). They heal very quickly and thats how you know its not a cyst.

Cysts are very big. They tend to be bigger then 5mm in diameter and are sometimes pus filled. Cysts ALWAYS leave a scar and they're also painful to touch. They form deep into the hair follicle and thats why they are painful and very big. Hope that helped.

I know people who had a lot of spots but they were really small so no one really noticed, but I only had a few spots but they were cysts so they looked really bad.

ok i dont think i have cysts then...just prob really bad pastules.

Ive seen some ppl with pimples that are like welts on there skin. They are like 1 cm big Are those cysts?